[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OnePlus found to have manipulated OnePlus 5 benchmark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: oneplus5_01-1200x702.jpg (39KB, 960x561px) Image search: [Google]
oneplus5_01-1200x702.jpg
39KB, 960x561px
>OnePlus found to again manipulate benchmarks to maximize scores, this time with OnePlus 5; firm claims benchmark apps “run in a state similar to daily usage”

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5-benchmark-cheating-reviews/
http://www.zdnet.com/article/oneplus-5-benchmark-cheating/

What did OnePlus mean by this?
>>
Everyone does that
>>
>>60998223
>What did OnePlus mean by this?
If you are going to use this stale meme at least use it in the correct context
>>
>>60998348
While true it's still not justifiable
t. OP3T owner
>>
>>60998223
Hopefully they've just optimized the OS really well, which is probably the case, or at least I hope. Otherwise they've pulled a classic chinkshit trick.

>>60999113
I agree.
>>
>>60999559
If you read the article it talks about how in the OP5, the OS detects if you are running a targeted benchmark application and then locks the CPUs' clockspeeds at the highest possible while the application is running.
>>
>>60999588
Forgot to add it appears this only affects review units and not consumer units, although no consumer units have actually been released as of yet so it's just speculation.
>>
>>60999559
So technically it's not cheating. Those are real benchmarks, just when the phone is being pushed to its limit.
>>
Who cares about benchmarks anymore all flagship devices are fluid and can run pretty much anything
>>
>>60998348
That's false. Only OnePlus and Meizu still cheat in benchmarks. Get chinked.
>>
>>61000697
Who cares? Even without "cheating" they have the best performing sub $500 dollar phone. Eat shit and die samshit. There's nothing wrong with clocking the phone at max speeds for a benchmark. When you run a benchmark on your PC doesn't turbo kick in on the processor and run it at max clocks? It's the exact same thing we have had in PC for years.
>>
>>60999588
So can't you theoretically get that performance if you eventually run a custom ROM that allows you to adjust your clockspeeds to max?
Technically the hardware they advertise is capable of it, at the cost of longevity.
>>
Why pajeets worship oneplus?
>>
>>61000822
Yes, the hardware is capable but only up to a certain point. This is because you have to factor in that the CPUs will eventually throttle themselves because of heat, the fact that running them at that high of clock speeds will consistently worsen battery life, and that running your phone like that in no way mimics real-world daily usage.
>>
>>61000734
Any application can use the turbo mode on a PC. Only benchmark apps can use the turbo mode on OnePlus phones.
>>
>caring about benchmarks when each flagship runs the same soc
?
>>
>>61000822
Yes. There's CPU governors that let you do this. Furthermore, there's software that allows you to run the chip at maximum clock speeds while the screen is on and at minimum while it isn't. I ran my MI3 like that for 3 years and it had no problems.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.