[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a MacBook Pro on the ground. The asshole who dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: mac-firmware-lock-icon.png (2KB, 436x276px) Image search: [Google]
mac-firmware-lock-icon.png
2KB, 436x276px
I found a MacBook Pro on the ground.

The asshole who dropped it locked it with iCloud. Any way around this shit? I can't boot to recovery. Always get the padlock. Image related.
>>
return it tyrone
>>
>>60993004

Seems as though I would have to call Apple and give them the serial number simply to return this idiots computer. You'd do that?
>>
>>60992981
Give it back, Jamal
>>
>>60993022
Yes, give it back
>>
>>60992981
Return it Laquiesha
>>
It's only good for parts if he password protected the uefi.
>>
>>60993022
I wouldn't have picked it up in the first place
>>
>>60993022
just go to the nearest apple store and give it to them.
>>
GIVE IT BACK JEROME LAQUARIUS DONTRAVIUS JACKSON
>>
>>60993066

I would rather part it out then return this idiots machine to them.
>>
>>60993087
Someday you'll lose something and then you'll pray the finder will return it too you fuckwad
>>
>>60992981
Stop being a nigger
>>
>>60993107

I don't drop MacBook pros on the ground.
>>
>>60993119
Maybe you should start
>>
>>60992981
The owner must've missed the trash can. Toss it in there for them.
>>
Im gonna use a service to do it. All of you can suck my ass.
>>
>>60992981 (OP)
here's what you do to unlock it. you can't, give it back and say you're sorry for being a thieving niBBa
>>
>>60992981
Return it, D'Quan
>>
what does CMD + Shift + R on boot do?

What happens if you replace the HDD?

What happens if you open it up, remove the removeable parts, leave it for a year to kill the battery to those removed parts and then reasemble?

brainlet, so these are my brainlet suggestions.
>>
>>60993377
kaeshite jamaru
>>
>>60993450

I removed the SSD and it the option key still comes up to a padlock page. It's a firmware password. I'm gonna pay someone to do it I don't have time for this shit. And fuck all of you idiots who say you would return it you're all full of shit.
>>
Eh, probably has enough money.

Cant you switch the HDD on a pro?
>>
>>60993487
>i am a thieving nigger and need to justify it to myself by asserting that everyone on /g/ is a sticky-pawed Jamal, as well!
>>
>Gee I have loads of money

>I guess I'll just drop this expensive laptop right here. Who cares? It was just 2k.
>>
>>60993679

It's pretty banged up. If I had to guess I'd say it fell off the roof of a car or out of someone's back pack.
>>
>>60992981
kys
>>
>>60993487
Du'qual Latarius Jackson there's no such service. Anyone telling you they can break it for a fee is scamming you.
>>
>>60993022
you don't even have to do that much, the monkeys will just unlock it for you

you can not unlock it from home without the iCloud account, but you can take it to the apple store and explain your situation and they will unlock it
>>
>>60993487
Karma is gonna fuck you up, man. The universe knows of your misdeeds. At least TRY to redeem yourself before you regret it.

Also, peace to you.
>>
Ok guys I changed my mind. I'm gonna take it to the Apple store.
>>
Are (You) really this starved for attention?
>>
>>60993087
No need to be so upset that you stole a locked laptop. Should've done your research first.
>>
>>60992981
1. Stop being so fucking new
2. Apply kill to self
>>
why are these threads literally never deleted?
>>
>>60993487
Kek you're going to get scammed retard
>>
>>60993795
But it's a Mac, they suck and have a real value of less than a Thinkpad
>>
How can the laptop even lock if it isn't connected to the internet?
>>
File: 1497200939652.jpg (222KB, 751x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1497200939652.jpg
222KB, 751x1386px
>>60995578
It only had to be connected for a split second. Macs phone home to Apple and the NSA every 100ms, didn't you know?
>>
>>60995640
Yeah but
>take laptop home
>no known networks to connect to
Would be extremely unlucky to be next to a house the laptop has the WiFi password for
>>
File: IMG_4989.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4989.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
It's only 8 pins and $20 for a new one do it faggot
>>
>>60995725
>damage it
>take it to an all purpose electronic store
>tell them you broke it and apple charges too much, ask them to repair it
>????
Profit
>>
>>60995682
>he thinks NSA doesn't have special piggyback data channel even on closed wifi networks

lmao
>>
>>60995845
B-but that would be illegal
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.