[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using a Peavey VIP 3 as a cab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 118347_33697.jpg (1MB, 1346x1500px) Image search: [Google]
118347_33697.jpg
1MB, 1346x1500px
Is there anyway I can bypass the amplification settings on a Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 modeling amp to use it as a regular speaker for an amplifier?
>>
>>60992816

>>/diy/
>>
>>60992888
ty
>>
>>60992816
Aren't instrument specific speakers limited in frequency range anyway?
>>
Aux in.
>>
>>60993203
Yep, the response curve is all over the place to attenuate the ear piercingly shrill frequencies a distorted guitar amp is going to push out and give some extra punch to the frequencies that deserve it, putting general audio through it is going to sound pretty dire. Also that thing has an aux input for OP's use case anyway, no need for overly elaborate modding bullshit as long as you can source a 3.5mm audio cable for it.
>>
You could literally jack the amp outs into the main speaker inside the cab.
>>
I meant to say that I was getting a pre-amp/head because the preset ones aren't working to well for me
>>
I'm also broke so I can't get a cabinet
>>
>>60994507
Oh, okay. Does it have an external effects loop? If it does, just hook up your preamp out to your FX loop input, but really I'd just sell that thing off to some other guy and get a whole new amp setup instead.
>>
I was thinking of just setting in the tuner and putting the head in front of it
>>
I think the tuner turns off all of the preset amps and effects so it's just the signal that the guitar is putting out, I'm not sure though
>>
>>60994607
The built-in tuner also mutes the speaker output in most amps that come equipped with one. Really, just sell it off and use the money to buy a better one, getting a marginally nicer preamp isn't going to get rid of the garbage power section and cheapo element it's running.
>>
>>60994655
Not on this one, I can set it to the maximum volume and it can get pretty loud, even for a single speaker
>>
>>60992816
If i had a FX loop you could've. But I wouldn't have recommended it anyway because the built-in speaker is wank. It's a decent enough amp for beginners, just sell it for a little bit of money and get an actual cab.
>>
So do you want to be able to plug your own Amp in it, or bypass some features of the built in amp?
>>
>>60994728
I want to plug in my own amp, so I'm just using the speaker from it, it's a modeling amp so it already has Peavey amps pre-programmed into it so it sounds weird when you put a pedal in front of it while on driven channel
>>
File: Line6-Spider-IV-15-watt-amp-2.jpg (152KB, 1620x768px) Image search: [Google]
Line6-Spider-IV-15-watt-amp-2.jpg
152KB, 1620x768px
>>60995591
Ah ok
Well can you see the driver in the rear of the speaker, you can just attach some wires to it from your modelling amp.

I:ve done it with a Line 6 amp just to see what happens
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.