[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best ebay auction bots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1470035178491.png (34KB, 1100x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470035178491.png
34KB, 1100x480px
Only open source, please.
I found one written in Java but that's a poo in the loo language, and the closest second I found was 7 years old and written in python - so I don't even know if it still works.
What's the best?
>>
you do know you can set maximum bids, right?
>>
>>60987823
What happens if 2 people set a maximum bid?
Will it instantly escalate to the max?
>>
>>60987808
what do you need the bot for ?
>>60987844
it's incremental
>>
>>60987853
I mean I haven't used ebay, but if 2 people set a maximum bid, I'd expect it to either
>trump each other's bid every few second/minutes
>trump each other's bid instantly
>only attempt to trump each other's bid when the timer hits 00:00, but then it's pretty much random who gets it

I imagine that if you used a bot instead, you could leave the price down and the bid low, then when the timer hits 0, bid 1 cent more than the current max bid and get the item, instead of escalating the price to the max.
>>
>>60987878
It's instant, but I think you're confused about how it works.

When you enter your bid, it won't actually set the price to that straight away, that value just becomes your "max bid," then it will take the current price and add the minimum incriment ($1.50~) to it.

>you're looking at a pair of shoes currently priced at $43
>you bid $60
>the price goes to $44, you're currently winning
>if no one else bids you win them for $44
>if someone else comes along and bids $53, then you automatically bid $54.50 (since it's less than your $60 max) and that becomes the price, with you in the lead

>you could leave the price down and the bid low, then when the timer hits 0, bid 1 cent more than the current max bid and get the item
this is called bid sniping and yeah you could bot it. i do it all the time.
>t420 sitting at $45 with 12 seconds on the clock
>bid $63.89 (odd numbers in the cents fucks people up because they'll panic and try to outbid you in the last few seconds, but their bid will fail because they'll try to do 64.50 or something and be under the minimum incriment)

i'm tired as shit and wrote an essay so i don't know if this even makes any sense

tl;dr yes it's possible but it's better to do it by hand because you'll need to "get a feel" for the auction in the final moments based on how many people are bidding, how aggressive they're being etc
>>
>>60988014
>>if no one else bids you win them for $44
>>if someone else comes along and bids $53, then you automatically bid $54.50 (since it's less than your $60 max) and that becomes the price, with you in the lead
Yeah, but what if the other person also sets a max bit?
Then the max bids will trump each other by $1.50 like 20 times in a row. Depending on how fast this processes, it could be calculated in less than a second, and instantly jump to the max price. That's what i meant
>>
>>60988044
all bids are max bids. so in that last example if someone bids more than $60 you aren't locked out from bidding anymore, you can set your new max bid to $70 immediately after
>Then the max bids will trump each other by $1.50 like 20 times in a row.
it doesn't happen like that - ebay knows what everyone's max bid on the item is so it'll ask "does this new bid beat the current leader's max bid?"
then return true/false and update the price accordingly
>>
Bid on the last seconds, bid the maximum you're willing to pay. Before bidding, check that the item is not available cheaper elsewhere. I often see vendors make multiple auctions for the same item and some go crazy on the price, above a regular non-auction price, while others stay sane.
Also, double check the shipping cost.
>>
>>60988044
If you bid the same amount as the current max, it'll tell you to bid a higher price. Two people can't bid the exact same amount.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.