[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skylake-x? More like Skyfire amirite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: img_7385.jpg (67KB, 725x469px) Image search: [Google]
img_7385.jpg
67KB, 725x469px
>This year is one of the more weird releases in relation to Intel. Here in the EU Intel killed all marketing, press and PR activities. Hence the majority of media all over Europe is not receiving any information from Intel anymore, that’s the same samples wise. So the review you see today is courtesy of a board-partner as Intel does not seed these processor samples for review anymore - but apparently all media in the USA are seeded. We have no clue what is going on with Intel these days. The Intel supported reviews this week are based on a handful cherry-picked websites that are on a marketing-drip directly from Intel. The rest of the media will need to somehow borrow their samples from Intel partners.
>It has been and still is a complete and utter mess with Intel, I can honestly say that as for this entire X299 / Core X series release Intel has not send any info or samples. Our hails through emails are not responded to, and the phone-numbers we dial of contacts are not answered. Here in the EU Intel has killed (with a few exceptions) marketing, press and PR activities. Hence 98% media all over Europe is not receiving any information from Intel anymore.

>source: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/intel-core-i9-7900x-processor-review,1.html
>>
File: 1493920891666.png (871KB, 801x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493920891666.png
871KB, 801x1500px
>With ten cores you get a 140 Watt TDP processor, and I do not believe for a second that value is correct. With the system at idle with a GeForce GTX 1080 installed / 16 GB memory / SSD and the X299 motherboard I hovered at roughly 75 Watts in IDLE. That's just fine really, but the load values are rather significant. When we stressed the processor 100% run we reach roughly 250 to 300 Watts with this is a 10 core part. So we go from 75 Watts towards 300, that's 225 Watt in my book.

>I won't lie, the past two weeks with the Core i7 7900X and the X299 boards I have tested have been an absolute challenge. Memory XMP profiles would not stick, power consumption with one BIOS was OK, the other through the roof. But most of all the processor performance was all over the place. We've seen perf differences of up-to 20% in-between merely different motherboards.

> Intel recommends certain power states to keep the TDP in line, as otherwise they simply cannot achieve that 140W TDP. For most overall tests that worked out okay enough, but specifically the toll on game performance was abysmal.

>So in the year 2017 you still cannot run two graphics cards at a full x16 PCI-Express lanes, as there are too few available lanes available. Not even the 900 bucks you would spend on an 8-core part, as it will bog down towards two x8 links.
>>
>>60987578
Not surprised, Europe's largest hardware enthusiasts are mostly for Eastern Europe and they've been sick of Intel's shit long ago.

Ryzen (1600 non X) is outselling both the pentium and 7700k here.
>>
>>60987932
Nice dreams
>>
>>60987932
It also helps that most of those aren't underage and have been buying hardware since the P5 and know AMD have slapped Intel in the face more than a few times.
>>
>>60987946
EX-Yu takes a good chunk of East Yurop, it's pretty much the same situation here.

I've seen colleagues dump their Haswell's in masses for the 1700/1700X
>>
>Skyfire
>not Firelake
Disappointed in you OP.
>>
>>60988025
>not ovenlake
>not thermilake
>not spitfire-x
>>
File: enjoy.png (67KB, 719x453px) Image search: [Google]
enjoy.png
67KB, 719x453px
>>
>>60988004
There's gonna be a boom of east slavs streaming their videogames.
>>
>>60988131
No, we don't do that shit, at least from what I know of people building their own PCs, nobody cares enough to show to others what they do.
>>
>B-b-but this DEFINITELY was n-not rush released to c-compete with AMD....H-H-HONEST!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.