[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>learn more about memory storage types, capacities, lifespans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Drink.jpg (13KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Drink.jpg
13KB, 600x400px
>learn more about memory storage types, capacities, lifespans
>realize that if I don't back up everything it's all going to be lost
>paranoia that leaving those backed up drives in a safe somewhere, they'll die anyway

Everything will be lost in time. All those archives of music and videos and images gone. How do you deal with it /g/? Is there anyway to stop the decaying of data or are is it futile just hoping to prolong the inevitable?
>>
buying more storage goy
>>
You're going to die and the data won't mean anything anyway.
Even if it's a record of millions of people dying painfully, it'll be lost like a grain of sand in the desert.
>>
>>60986155
Only backup what you truly will miss when it is gone.
Delete a single song, movie, or image from your vast collection.
See if you notice it any time in the next month.
Keep only what you find to be the best, and let the rest fall to the wayside.
>>
>>60986155
this is the most autistic way i've ever seen someone express their fear of death
>>
>>60986155
Tape doe
>>
>>60986155
i was actually going through old floppies, and found one with a photo of a family members dick.
>>
>>60986155
the cloud :^)
>>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JdUq2opPY-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>60986310
you dont have to use embed code. just paste the link and 4chan does it for you
>>
File: disc-1.jpg (31KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
disc-1.jpg
31KB, 900x600px
>>60986155
there is this 5D glass disc meme with a lifespan of 13.8 billion years... but it is not out yet
>>
>>60986155
>Everything will be lost in time.
you'll also die in time
>>
>>60988346
Still not enough. A way must be found to store my weeb shit even after the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>60988488
Why do I feel like I'm reading the creation story for a new religion
>>
>>60986155
Get a tape drive.
Then buy a shitton if tapes.
Then make backups on these tapes and store them in 5 different bank vaults.
Make it part of your routine.
>>
>aunt died a couple of months ago
>dog died just this morning, was with me since I was 10
>played nier:automata recently, making me think all kinds of shit

why love if your loved ones die?
what's the point of getting a pet and being emotionally attached to it if it's going to die in 15 years?
what's the point of living in the first place if you're going to die anyways? why the daily struggle?
>>
>>60988680
edgy
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>60988711
I know. I hope I'll snap out it.
>>
>>60986155
>Everything will be lost in time.
Like tears... in the rain. Time to kys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RprNzMtfDrM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTIjM0yU5fI

>>60988346
>>60988488
>>60988501
kek
>>
>>60986155
cheer up ur content is terrible gay shit anyway, nothing of value would be lost
>>
crystal storage
>>
>>60986155
build a cnc machine that carves your data into stone/metall plates
>>
File: 1473549798495.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473549798495.png
3MB, 1280x720px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open#Generations
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>60988680
>>
>>60988346
I've always tried telling people that mirrors will unlock the secrets. We should be researching reflections more.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.