[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning to buy tablet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: u_10146810.jpg (114KB, 1000x887px) Image search: [Google]
u_10146810.jpg
114KB, 1000x887px
I have been thinking of getting a 10" tablet, mainly for video watching, secondary for games like hearthstone, yugioh duel generation.
The battery should last for atleast 4 hour video watching. SD card slot is needed, except if it has 128GB or more internal storage.
I tried to look around places like aliexpress, but the cheap ones are nameless product, so i am not sure if i should try them.
Limit is:$250
Any suggestion or other sites?
>>
>>60985471
I suggest you do not buy a tablet because they are shitty oversized phones that don't fit in your pocket.
>>
>>60985568
Well i need that during long travel. Not as a side phone or something.
>>
>>60985568
>>60985471

/g/ is the wrong place to ask about tablets as it's frequented by Asperger's Syndrome sufferers who enjoy tinkering obsessively with computers.

Tablets don't really provide an opportunity for tinkering, as they provide slick, secure and reliable access to useful software applications (or "apps") without any complications, so naturally /g/ can't see the point of them.

Furthermore, /g/ posters tend to have oversized phones, which makes possession of a tablet even more pointless in their eyes. The concept of a book-sized device that you can use on train, bus or airplane without having to squint at has no merit to them since they very rarely travel anywhere.

If pushed, /g/ users may grudgingly recommend Windows tablets, as they have a "real" operating system. The fact that Windows is designed for computers with keyboards and mice, and is a terrible touch OS with barely any touch-optimised software, means that these "tablets" are really laptops without keyboards, running software designed for desktops.

Finally, you will hear mention of the Nexus 7 2013. A three year old device with poor build quality and no SD card slot. This is because a few /g/ residents dabbled with the device when it was new and exciting, and have refused to move on with the times.
>>
>>60985471
Get a cheapo win10 one. It spies about as much as Android but offers much more functionality and at least somewhat decent networking and filemanagement.
>>
>>60985708
Oh, erm... Then what is a good /place/ to ask it? And i recently bhought xiaomi phone. So i am but more trusting with cheap stuff.
>>
Duel links is the superior yugioh game.
>>
>>60985734
But doesn't offer the games i want to play, once in a while.
>>
>>60985708
Windows 10 has a tablet mode and touch-optimised apps though.
>>
Lenovo Tab 3, $169

I player around with one in the shop. Pretty light, thin, good screen, decent sound. I believe this meets your requirement
>>
>>60985743
Yeah, if being casual is superior stuff :^)
I like my board 5/5 monster and spell/trap (and now with the newest pandelium thing extra two places)
>>
>>60985750
Heartstone runs on windows
>>
>>60985768

>windows ten has touch-optimised apps

Lol, no
>>
>>60985708
>train, bus
I use my car because I don't live in a third world country.
>>
>>60985471
You should look up what tablets your local places sell and see how the games run on them
That's what I'd recommend honestly.

Samsung tablets never failed me. I would make sure you can root it, though. the bloatware is annoying
>>
>>60985471
>video watching
Either you at home where a TV is better or you are out somewhere where there is other things to do.
>heartstone, yugioh
Stop being so asocial and play the paper version or grow up and play magic instead.
>>
>>60985708
>Finally, you will hear mention of the Nexus 7 2013. A three year old device...
nice bait
>>
the galaxy tab s3 with a keyboard and the pen is literally the best thing you can buy atm
then id say the zen 9.7 inc
and then for 100 bucks more you can buy the surface pro 3
>>
>>60985806
Nice source mate. Have you actually used it? There are touch-friendly modes or apps for everything you use a tablet for. Office, onenote and edge as well as mail and calendar, games from the store, e-reader apps and clover for comics, even the integrated video player are touch-friendly apications in tablet-mode.
>>
>>60986230
Depending on your computing needs you can get an Asus transformer Mini instead of the sp3, it comes with a typecover Style Keyboard and has surface pen support but brings only an Atom x5 and 4GB of RAM.
>>
>>60986342
you are suggesting to someone to buy a tablet with an intel chip ? are you mad?
>>
>>60986361
The sp3 hast one as well, both are Windows based tablets.
>>
Well my tv did die last month. And i don't always want to turn on the pc for just movies. Is there anything i should look out for when buying a new TV. Last time i bhought one was around 2000-2002.
>>
>>60985471
i have Teclast X98 plus 3G (pros:dual boot Win10/ android , 4go Ram decent battery good screen, decent built quality) cons : lame cameras (useless on a tablet IMHO)
or
XiaomiPad
site : gearbest
>>
File: ipadsd-tb[1].jpg (25KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
ipadsd-tb[1].jpg
25KB, 600x390px
perfect for watching video
not much for gaming
>>
>>60986159
Yugioh is a lot better than fagic the gathering.
>>
>>60986675
>>60986159
Op here. I don't like to talk with random stranger. And now that you mention it, there is a magic game on android.
>>
>>60985775
You already said you play hearthstone, duel links is yugioh and hearthstone having a baby.
>>
>>60985471

Idk about that cash limit but i just bought a Mediapad M3. Build is great but EMUI 4.1 is fucking shit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.