[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does brainlet learn programming ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1494740643558.jpg (596KB, 750x549px) Image search: [Google]
1494740643558.jpg
596KB, 750x549px
I read the book "automate the boring stuff" and only managed to get half way through it, i actually enjoyed it but gave up because i feel overwhelmed and now when trying to read it again my mind goes blank thinking of how much i have to learn. What should i do ? is this an IQ thing like /sci/ would say ?
>>
gtfo brainlet
>>
Read a book nigga
>>
>>60985358
>feel overwhelmed

With what?
>>
There will always be something that causes this sort of reaction. Something that is like white noise to us. Like how white noise makes us zone out and our brain just distracts itself..

So you picked a book designed for people more familiar with the subject and are convinced it's all too much. Its better to begin the journey from where you are instead of jumping ahead. Do some basic reading and move up.. just don't stop reading and practicing. Skills and understanding take time and you can manage it.
>>
>>60985358
You don't have to remember everything. Knowing something exists and knowing where to look it up it for details is the important take away. You're never going to remember all the API's and libraries.
>>
youre not used to reading books with concept that you actually have to think about. and of course youll not understand everything at the first try but with programming youll see that most things come up over and over again. if you keep at it itll become all clear in no time. if pajeets manage to be bad programmers, youll at least be passable.
>>
>>60985358
>I read the book "automate the boring stuff" and only managed to get half way through it

Table of Contents
Chapter 0 – Introduction
Chapter 1 – Python Basics
Chapter 2 – Flow Control
Chapter 3 – Functions
Chapter 4 – Lists
Chapter 5 – Dictionaries and Structuring Data
Chapter 6 – Manipulating Strings
Chapter 7 – Pattern Matching with Regular Expressions
Chapter 8 – Reading and Writing Files
Chapter 9 – Organizing Files
Chapter 10 – Debugging
Chapter 11 – Web Scraping
Chapter 12 – Working with Excel Spreadsheets
Chapter 13 – Working with PDF and Word Documents
Chapter 14 – Working with CSV Files and JSON Data
Chapter 15 – Keeping Time, Scheduling Tasks, and Launching Programs
Chapter 16 – Sending Email and Text Messages
Chapter 17 – Manipulating Images
Chapter 18 – Controlling the Keyboard and Mouse with GUI Automation
Appendix A – Installing Third-Party Modules
Appendix B – Running Programs
Appendix C – Answers to the Practice Questions

So you are basically finished with Intro to Programming. Chapters 9-18 are fluff chapters that you can skip or comeback to later. The next step is to go learn Data Structures and Algorithms:
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-006-introduction-to-algorithms-fall-2011/index.htm
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.