[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was doxxed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Anyone got advice? OP was doxxed.
>>
>>60963354
post your email and I'll help you
>>
>>60963354
Delete compromised accounts and start over. Relevant https://pastebin.com/5XfDX4wL
>>
>>60963354
only post one image per thread unless you plan to change the filename
>>
>>60963354

Advice on what?
What is your goal or dilemma?
>>
>>60963372
>anti bsd propaganda
>>
just when i thought i'd never see a bigger faggot, OP came along
>>
File: 1497733960427.jpg (77KB, 685x474px) Image search: [Google]
1497733960427.jpg
77KB, 685x474px
>>
>>60963354
What are you even getting doxxed about faggot
You need to do something bad or illegal to get doxxed so the person doxxing you has something to extort you with
>>
File: 1327280680296.jpg (5KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
1327280680296.jpg
5KB, 161x175px
>>60963372
>don't use syncable password managers
>disable all javascript so your websites barely function if at all
>use a meme email provider with an unprofessional name
>chat on a thing nobody but freetards use anymore
>use a search engine that can get you v& for indexing CP
>worries about bios passwords which are trivially reset with a jumper (physical access = you lose)
>unironically suggesting the false positive generator that is clamav
>using UFW instead of just learning iptables
>stay away from BSD
>no advice to make a backup dmcrypt key volume

Your advice is shit and you should feel like shit.
>>
>>60964611
>cock.li
>unprofessional
t newfag
>>
>>60964611
So much shit in a single post
>>
>>60965133
>tfw the email I use on my resume ends in @420blaze.it
>tfw I've never not gotten hired because of it
>>
>>60965547
>my email ended with gmail.com
>walmart didn't mind
>>
>>60963372
Half the advice in this is nice ("stay away from systemd"), half of it is shit (recommending TOR without stating the caveats, unironically recommending gnu social, gives semi-extensive advice on physical access security without mentioning that only doing part is a placebo and even if you do everything you're still vulnerable to e.g. evil maid attacks), the ordering is arbitrary half the time (disable javascript, switch to IRC and gnunet BEFORE getting rid of the microsoft/apple botnet - that only comes as step 10 for some reason), half the entries are really basic ("install Mint and stay away from BSD") and half assume a deep understanding/willingness to do extensive research ("use grsecurity" with no further comment).

Also a bunch of advice there gives a very fake sense of security. For instance
>set a bios password
>DON'T FORGET THIS PASSWORD
makes it sound like the bios password is hard/impossible to reset or bypass, and if anyone doesn't know it (or you forget it) there's no way to access the computer - which couldn't be further from the truth.
>>
>>60965133
>"Hi, my name is Remington Holloway, please find attached my resume detailing my 35 years of experience in the financial sector."
>From: [email protected]
Nice, yeah, that'll go down well

Get your own domain and host it yourself (at home or on a trusted VPS) if you want to be safe. Protonmail is good too.
>>
Does it matter? Are they going to actually harm you? If not, then just forget about it. Worst case you get a couple of unwanted pizzas. Being "doxxed" doesn't equate to your life being ruined (consider that the majority of people willingly dox themselves every day through social media), it just means people know who you are. If you really don't want that, then disappear and start again with a new handle.
>>
>>60965689
Pick the airmail/firemail domain then, you absolutely retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>60963354
Oh no your "personal" information that you probably publicly post on social media was collected via google and consolidated into one source! how horrible!
>>
>>60963354
Was it malicious? Almost everybody has dox's or dox-able information online that just hasn't been compiled. The fact that yours was combined into an easy to use list means that someone wanted to scare you (or all your dox is from the same database leak). If you're being a faggot, prepare to get wrecked. Otherwise, ignore it.

You can't retract information, you can only just stop being retarded.
>>
>>60965628
Is in level of difficulty so things like the bios password are logically to be warned of being forgotten for people at that level.

I deem is a very sound recommendation.
>>
>>60963354
You have to dump your doxxed aliases. Try not to react to any harassment, as this will provoke more harassment.
>>
Should have never put your personal info to start with faggot
>>
Oh wow you were doxxed. Now some teenager is gonna send you free boxes and send the dominoes to your house. Oh no! And he will gloat about how he knows what your name is!

(Seriously OP, it doesn't really fucking matter)
>>
File: walmosque.png (315KB, 544x391px) Image search: [Google]
walmosque.png
315KB, 544x391px
>>60965564
>working at Wal-Mosque
>>
Don't react, but do dump all your old accounts and set up an entirely new account ecosystem.
No-one will care in a month if you just continue on as normal.
>>
>>60964580
this
if you've done nothing you have nothing to worry about
>unless they have you bank account details
>>
Remove all info currently available.
If the put it on pastebin, request for it to be deleted in about a month or two so they won't notice it's gone.
>>
>>60963354
hmm maybe don't post personal information online? Ever think of that buddy? normalfags are fucking disgusting.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.