[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I have a samsung tv it randomly keeps cutting to black,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hey /g/ I have a samsung tv it randomly keeps cutting to black, I tried turning off the backlight which has kinda helped but it will randomly turn it back on for a split second then cut to black. Can anyone help me? Pic related but not my pic
>>
>>60961967
Give it back Jamal
>>
>>60961967
>>60961967
>that photo though
>his own mom
>Probably sandnigger
>cheap monitor

leave kiddo, just... leave
>>
>>60962047
That's the same tv, I just grrabbed the pic from google
>>
Grab a flashlight next time the screen goes dark shine a light on the screen. If you see a faint image it's probably a backlight issue. Basically you're fucked. But if you don't see an image or any LEDs illuminated it's probably power or mainboard issue. Easily repairable and cheaper than a new tv.
>>
>>60962187
I tried the flashlight thing and nothing, the only thing I notice is it does this when the room gets hot and since it's now summer that's all the time even with the windows open
>>
>>60962215
Short of opening the unit and probing around with an infrared thermometer I'm unaware of how to determine if it's actually a thermal issue, I'm hesitant to believe it's a thermal issue however as the thermal protection components would just cut the power. You wouldn't be getting the flashes you're describing.
>>
>>60962453
What about the issue where turning the backlight to 0 still makes it randomly turn to 100 then black out, not turn off though?
>>
Not tech support. Hope you get cancer
>>
>>60962487
Look for a setting called auto dimming, or eco sensor, ambient light sensor, etc. It could be detecting the light level in the room and automatically adjusting the brightness no matter what your normal setting is.
>>
>>60962567
Ok I'll have a look
>>
>>60962584
Correction, I'll try. Just cut out on me again
>>
>>60962608
It's likely to be a bad capacitor on the power board. That model doesn't have smart features or anything so unless the vents in the back are absolutely clogged with dust it's not gonna be overheating on you. if it were the backlight there would be a faint image on the screen from the flashlight test (also you'd still have the power led and audio coming from the unit). And if it were a mainboard issue you'd have image/audio distortion (colored lines, wrong colored images etc)
>>
>>60962851
So I should try and clean out the dust?
>>
>>60962851
Oh and I do get audio coming from the screen when it cuts to black
>>
>>60962864
Always a good idea to.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.