[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Firefox secure yet ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: firefox.png (20KB, 512x496px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
20KB, 512x496px
With the latest multi-process update and its interface that is still better than Chrome's, I'm thinking about getting Firefox back as my main browser again.

My last problem with it is security : I know that it wasn't sandboxed for a long time (Chrome, IE, Edge, Opera and Safari are), and it seemed to be the least secure of all. Now I heard that they had begun to sandbox tabs, but I can't find anything on it.

Is it sandboxed yet ? Can I trust it ?
>>
File: moonicon32.png (295B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
moonicon32.png
295B, 32x32px
>>60960915
Support NetRunner, /g/'s web browser >>60943247
>>
>>60960932
Well I'm not against it, but if something as big as Mozilla struggles to make a secure browser, why should I trust a random group of 4chan posters ?
>>
>>60960974
No it's not retard. Why should it be bait ?
>>
>>60960993
>Chrome's sandbox being any good
>>
>>60960999
>Not pwned at Pwn2Own
>Not having any source
>>
>>60960932
It just needs javascript support and scripting abilities for addons, literally all it needs.
>>
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.platform/V-5G9dWJEXo/S9qxkg9EAgAJ
You can run firejail too
>>
Firefox will never be secure because it's filled with liberal retard SJW.

That's why it's gotten so bad and only getting worse, they wont make it fully secure because they love brown cock and proper sandboxing is like trumps wall keeping out the Mexicans they want to suck the cocks of so much.
>>
>>60961178
That's the least subtle thread hijacking I've seen in my entire 4chan life.

You may go back to /pol/ and fuck yourself.
>>
>>60961268
Nah, I'm fine here thanks.
>>
>>60960979
Firefox has to appeal to the general user aka NORMIES-REEEEEE. Smaller project browsers do not and can therefore focus on security at the expense of other features.
>>
>>60960915
It's still slower than chrome.
>>
>>60960915
lol mate you bl
>>
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox

Sandboxing is enabled on all processes except the compositor process on windows. They're in the process of tightening the restrictions now.
>>
>>60961178
someone ban this kid
>>
>>60961017
>>60960915
>muh firafox
>pwned at Pwn20wn in 44 hours
>>
>>60961045
Can confirm
>>
>>60961479
Well, that's exactly why I made a thread about it, retard.

>>60961335
Thank you.

>>60961320
From my usage it's not slower, and doesn't crash my whole session because an i5 and 4GB or RAM aren't enough for some bloated website, unlike Chrome.
>>
>>60960932
Or just be the change you want to see and contribute to Mozilla directly. It's more practical.
>>
>>60962064
Their ridiculously long and nerdy list of requirements will never make it in Firefox. That's why they make their own.
>>
>>60962064
Mozilla is filled with >>60962160
Firefox will never be what NetRunner will
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.