[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scanners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Biometrics.jpg (287KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Biometrics.jpg
287KB, 1280x960px
Boss is in the process of implementing this in the workplace. Any one have experience with this shit.
>>
>>60957397
Yes
>>
>>60957397
Yes
>>
>>60957397
yeah dude you can easily hack those things by creating a gui interface in visual basic
>>
>>60957705
He won't have to hack them because they won't work 95% of the time and everyone will get sick of their shit and just start leaving the doors ajar so they don't have to use the scanners.
>>
>>60957397
It's botnet
>>
>>60957397
Just use number code instead of fingerprint
>>
>>60957397

we had one that scanned hands at the hanger - just for time cards not for security

had a blue ethernet cable

disconnected blue cable at wall

no one said shit for 6 months lol everyone hated it
>>
>>60957705
Just remember to backtrace the IP address of the MAC address of the fingerprint verification allocation modem.
>>
>>60958498
The number codes might only be for certain staff such as janitors and security. Not to mention that asking for such a code might not be a smart idea.
>>
>>60958549
too bad they will be monitoring the logs making sure everyone is doing it. so thats out of the question.
>>
File: 1465041643662.png (98KB, 502x410px) Image search: [Google]
1465041643662.png
98KB, 502x410px
>>60957687
>>60957704
>>60959820
>>
>>60957397
Yeah, it scans your fingerprint and grants access to something if it's valid.
>>
>>60957397

Pointless rubbish. Easy to fool.

A biometric is a username not a password.

Better off with randomising keypads.

https://progeny.co.uk/scramble-keypad/
>>
>>60959951
The United Kingdom is a good country.
>>
>>60960111
>uk a good country
L M A O
>>
>>60959951
Depends on how you use it

1:N matching or
1:1

It's a pretty shit username as well in large populations. Say 5000 people plus, you start getting false matches.

It's good if you have a physical thing, i.e. a phone with a secure enclave/TPM and you access its stored keys through a fingerprint. However, it's no better than a four digit pin in my eyes.

I'm guessing you just read that tweet/new article by dustin kirkland that was posted to reddit a few weeks ago. He's a dumbasss and you believed him.
>>
>not just using prox/RFID cards
>>
>>60957397
>not jacking off/squirting into a bucket and using the DNA innit to prove your identity
fucking casuals
>>
> worked in building with these
> used instead of punch cars
> mildly annoying
> doesn't work some times
> big lineup at the end of the day
Personally, I think they're a fucking waste of time and money.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.