[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loonix gaymin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: loonix-gaming.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
loonix-gaming.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
So if I want to start gaymin, do I need to install the fucking cancerous botnetware that is windows 10? Just wanna play casual shit, could WINE run that shit sufficiently on decent hardware?
>>
>>60954489
Maybe
>>
>>60954489
Just dual boot windows. You can reboot into linux whenever you're done with gaymes.
>>
>>60954489
Absolutely not. Nothing works on Wine and it is one of those "fiddle forever to get it to still not work" things. Save yourself the time and just install the Windows cancer.
>>
>>60954532
I've tried this before and it's awful
>>
>>60954532
You just end up always on windows, because you might want to fire a game up soon!
>>
>>60954489
Are you fan of that game? Because damn, you sure like to spam.
>>
>>60954617
ever consider it's not the same guy? when I first saw this pic I laughed my fucking ass off.
>>
>>60954596
you always end up on windows cause it has the most software written for it of any os ever made.
>>
>>60954698
yet still no good gparted alternative...
>>
>>60954672
Sure, there is a new guy every other day who needs to shit on gaming on Linux while posting a tuxracer pic, it's totally someone else who never was here before I swear.
>>
>>60954489
cemu works perfectly on a completely default wine

but it's literally only that and spelunky that i've gotten to work well in wine
>>
>>60954722
>managing disk partitions
god damn you are a loonix fag
>>
>>60954545
Wine works just fine. I've played VNs, 2hu and osu! without any problems. Of course Call Of Fags: Modern Faggotry or Battlecuck 1 won't work, but those games are shit anyway. Even Doom works great in wine with vulkan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk 100+ fps. I have no idea what games were you trying to play but they were probably some origin exclusives that can't run without drm.
>>
>>60954489
use Windows 7
>>
WINE plays all of my games, but I only play older games due to >laptop. Assuming the game you want to play is properly supported, I've never heard of significant performance differences under WINE. Again, assuming it's properly supported.
>>
>>60954873
Performance differences should still be quite common. For many games it doesn't matter that much though.
>>
Installed KVM pass through
>>
>>60954532
Just go balls deep like a fucking champ.
>>
>>60954738
i run plenty of stuff in wine, but cemu doesn't want to work for some reason
>>
>>60954489
is that...what the fuck
>>
File: a.png (31KB, 1286x767px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
31KB, 1286x767px
>>60954738
>>60955579
>>
>>60954489
naw dawg. Wine doesn't even support dual core mode in starcraft 2. It literally only utilizes one of the cores thus giving you sub par fps
>>
>>60954732
it's a linux gaming meme dumbass
>>
>>60954789
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is fine actually. Battlefield yeah, I doubt that works very well but CoD has been stuck on an older engine not doing very much for years now.
>>
>>60955579
>>60955617
weird, cemu has only been the only hassle-free wine experience for me, even supporting controllers and everything

mine defaults to a 64 bit windows 7 prefix to be clear on what it's running in

are you using non-nvidia graphics? people without nvidia graphics have problems in windows even
>>
>>60955667
it even compiles shaders using all my threads and and uses opengl so it's supported native instead of having to use a direct x library
>>
>>60955667
this is with a fresh prefix and fresh cemu 'install'
64bit prefix, "windows 7", as is the default
wine 2.10 staging
i use a radeon hd7850 with the free driver (opengl 4.5 supported)
i have confirmed it works on this machine in windows
>>
>>60954489

Urban Terror
OpenRA

all you need my friend.
>>
>>60955708
amd still may be the problem here tho, or the fact it's the free driver
considering amd has always been fucky with cemu or maybe cemu relies on something in the proprietary driver

i'm using nvidia + proprietary driver
>>
>>60955755
hmm, might be the fact mesa doesn't yet support opengl compatibility profiles
when forcing gl4.1/4.5, it runs a little longer and gives a different crash, mentioning libc
there was a glibc update recently, so i'm recompiling wine to see if that's a problem
>>
File: a.png (41KB, 788x901px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
41KB, 788x901px
>>60955958
guess not, here's the crash report if anyone's curious
>>
>>60954532
>whenever you're done with gaymes
Which means "never"
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.