[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the PCMR crowd feel personally offended at the fact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: xboxonex.jpg (208KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
xboxonex.jpg
208KB, 2048x1152px
Why does the PCMR crowd feel personally offended at the fact that this new console outperforms any PC for price/performance right now? Has everyone forgotten that this used to be standard with console hardware, that Microsoft and Sony would be able to sell the consoles at a net loss at the start of their life cycle?
>>
Imagine if you were really proud of one thing and suddenly that thing was taken out from under your feet.
Namely, the idea that PCs are more cost effective than consoles for gaming.
>>
Im buying one just for hulu/netflix and gwent
>>
Because they're 13 year olds with rich parents fighting other 13 year olds.

Who the fuck cares who is mad about video game consoles? Play your games on whatever you want and shut the fuck up about it.
>>
I'd get one but I am looking for a better solution to cheaply just remote desktop or stream from my more powerful pc rather than buy another "pc" (the xbox) for $500
>>
Because they're autistic mouthbreathers who can't just sit down and play a game but have to feel superior about how they play their game.
Who cares?
>>
>>60951881
>Why does the PCMR crowd feel personally offended at the fact that this new console outperforms any PC for price/performance right now?
Because PCMR is a meme and so is gayming.
>>
>>60951881
Keyboard and mouse > touchscreen/digitizer >>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> console controller
>>
Also, anyone who uses the term "PC Master Race" unironically should be euthanized and if I am ever given any real power in society I will make sure it happens.
>>
>>60951975
Steam Link exists
>>
File: pepe shotgun.jpg (7KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
pepe shotgun.jpg
7KB, 216x233px
>got into pc gaming 5 years ago
>havent upgraded machine since
>current year, windows 10 upgrades every other fucking day
>shit internet, either ways dont like my internet being drained for useless updates
>pc gaming dead

Fuck it, probably gonna get a switch and use pc for old pc vidya. Microsoft killed gaming.
>inb4 muh linux wine running games blahblah
>>
Maybe the autists are, but most people I've seen said that it's good competition and are congratulating Microsoft.
>>
>>60951881
Custom SBCs are probably like dime a dozen from AMD, I feel like they wouldn't even be selling at a net loss if they were selling this shit for half the price.

PCMR is a pretentious 12 yo crowd. PCs are supposed to be versatile, of course you're gonna get beat by a dedicated gaymen machine comparing new machine to new machine. If you want software freedom, more connectivity, and upgradability you pay the price; it's not like M$ and Sony are stupid.
>>
File: 1491771830525.png (12KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1491771830525.png
12KB, 243x243px
>>60951881
Why do consoles measure their performance in TFLOPS?
>>
>>60952227
I feel like the problem is you and not PC gaming if you're actually thinking this way. PC gaming is arguably at an all time high with the surge of indie games, decently optimized AAA PC ports and a bunch of Xbox/Sony exclusives coming out on PC.

Also is your windows broken or something? Mine updates maybe once a month at best.
>>
File: _LEn-726EEY.jpg (47KB, 718x666px) Image search: [Google]
_LEn-726EEY.jpg
47KB, 718x666px
>>60951881
is that why it runs destiny 2 in 30 fps?
>>
>>60951881
PCMR is an elitist cancer, and I'm saying this as a PC Gamer.
>>
>>60952544
It also runs Forza at native 4k 60fps

My bet is Bungie is just retarded and has tied something (or many somethings) to the framerate of the console version. Either that or they don't want to make the PS4 Pro version look bad, considering how much they suck Sony's dick.
>>
>>60951881
You realize most PC master race fags want the Xbox to succeed because Sony cucks are annoying as hell
>>
>>60952590
I want it to succeed so more Halo/Forza/Gears comes out on PC.
>>
>>60951881
I'm pretty sure you can build a GTX 960 + G4560 for under $500
>>
>>60952714
The XOX GPU is more analogous to an RX 580 or GTX 1070 than a 960. That + G4560 + 1tb HDD + 4K Blu ray drive and you're already well over the $500 mark, not including ram, cpu cooler, power supply or a case.

Not to mention, even if the GPU is analogous spec-wise to a 580, it's going to outperform it due to the level of hardware and software optimisations a console can do that a PC can't.
>>
File: 1496347114610.jpg (42KB, 550x435px) Image search: [Google]
1496347114610.jpg
42KB, 550x435px
>>60952077
>>60952582
i am apart of the PC master race
>>
>>60952587
It's a CPU bottleneck. Instead of having wildly fluctuating FPS (30~50), they chose to have a rock solid 30 fps framerate.
>>
>>60952904

Theoratically, 580 should be around the same performance to a 1070. Only reason it does not have the performance of a 1070 is because AMD drivers suck.

With console level optimization, this new xbone should have performance levels between 580-1070. Which is something quite playable for 4k gaming.
>>
>>60951916
They are though you cunt. Purchase this for $500, pay $60 for online, and $120 for two games. Console makers sometimes sell at a loss because they know they will make it back with games sales.
With G2A and Steam sales I have never had to pay full price, even for new games. Console gaming is much more expensive in the long run.
>>
Consolefags don't factor in:
>games are free on PC yet cost heaps on consoles
>have to pay for online, on PC it's free
>A 4k TV costs more than a 4k monitor
>can't upgrade console
>no proper mods
PC Master race
>>
File: 1492246476557.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1492246476557.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>60952073
>>60952514
>>60954438
>>60954443
notice how this time around the PCMR defense faggots never actually address the topic at hand: the cost efficiency of the actual HARDWARE. Even they realize that there is nothing they can do now.
>>
File: o.png (1MB, 1120x829px) Image search: [Google]
o.png
1MB, 1120x829px
>>60954710
>oh man look at this great ass hardware
>what do you do with it bro?
>I turn it on and look at the OS menus since why would I buy games
>>
File: 1484242117454.jpg (477KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1484242117454.jpg
477KB, 1462x1462px
>>60954731
kek. keep dodging and maybe some people will get distracted enough for your paycheck.
>>
>>60951881
I dont know what pcmr is,
But I can tell you that I quit xbox because you dont have control over your data.

I played xbox religiously for 10 years. I put so much time into that, and lost it all, over and over again.
What drove me away in the end is they took away your ability to control your game saves. Every time I turned it on I expected my saves to be gone.
Gta V pushed these shit updates and horrific servers to the point that the game was completly unplayable. The only thing I had left was friends and minecraft. I poured 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for months into my map, terraforming entire bioms, tearing down mountains, and leveling valleys. After a days work, I shut the consol off and went to bed. The next day when I woke up I had yet another update shoved down my throat, this time for minecraft. I booted up my map and put in alot of work, only to find out that when I leave my immediate area, the game crashes. There was no support anywhere. A few threads online quickly showed me that mojang and microsoft dont give two fucks about it and the official support answer is "just make another world".
This isnt the first time Ive been fucked over by them. Ive built on other peoples would, a whole group of us did the same previously mentioned work on several worlds only to find the world corrupt and unloadable in the end. Game saves will simply disappear. One friend has a massive world we built that is a lost cause; its unsavable. You can load it up, explore, and change stuff, but the world will not save.

The only thing left on xbox is the drama.
>>
>>60954764
Honestly consoles don't need better hardware since they can program at a much lower level and make much better use of the available resources.

Honestly, play what you want. I play on PC since I can't aim in FPS games with a controller. It started that way and now I'm just comfy. If this is bait than pretty good since I'm writing a fucking book here.

I just don't understand the whole "MY [blank] IS BETTER BECAUSE [blank] SUCKS!" argument that is thrown around so much for no reason. Who cares. If what gets you through your day is knowing that the hardware in your console is the best price/performance ratio for the next year or so. Then so be it.

I'd personally prefer to not have FOV locked to what seems like single digits half the time. Potato, tomato.
>>
>>60952714
960? its a full blown 580 with more ace engines on it plus a really pathetic bulldozer cores
the level of profiling you can do on a console and the tools available(on which they are coming to pc in some months according to ms)to make even the tiny detail to work perfect is nowere near that of a pc did you ever wonder why 90% of the ports are literally a piece of shit?
the level of async compute a console can do is up to 30% normally and they need to remove all of that optimisation to be more pleasant on a nvidia card then on top of that they need to rewrite new nvidia shaders and whatever else nvidia wanna use from shitworks (if its an nvidia game on pc)resulting on shit level of optimisation
>>
File: 1453837582887.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1453837582887.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>60954324
they SAY it's a CPU bottleneck, but WTF are they running on the CPU??
How much damn physics could there be that it requires that much more CPU power when going from 30fps to 60fps.

They fucked up something somewhere.
>>
>>60954945
xbox telemetry looks like windows telemetry.
>>
>>60954842
That's pretty good but you're on /g/ - consumer hardware and tech support trying to peddle your videogaming platform of choice on everything except the only relevant portion on this topic & board, which is the hardware.

>>>/v/
>>
>>60954907
actually its not a 580 ms themself hinted that it has a vega uarch on it so...
>>
>>60954962
and?
>>
>>60954992
just sayin.. they are wasting alot of resources running bullshit background stuff.

also you forget that its all made by pajeet.
>>
>>60954360

>Theoretically rx580 and gtx1070 should have similar performance.

Where did you get this idea kiddo? By comparing theoretical compute performance?
>>
File: tumblr_odncgeasA61vr4128o2_1280.png (2MB, 1000x798px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odncgeasA61vr4128o2_1280.png
2MB, 1000x798px
>>60954710
>the cost efficiency of the actual HARDWARE.
i have most of my computer put together already. i can buy just the parts i need mobo, processor, ram. i dont need a fucking obsolete tech like a bluray player, so i dont buy one.

also that is a dumb way to compare the items. you have to take into account the entire gaming environment, not just one aspect of it.

the xbox is sold at a loss, just like every other console, and the cost is spread out over the price of games, subscriptions, DLC, peripherals, and other stuff.

for example, i get literally free games from steam all the time. just last week, i got payday 2 free. steam sales make games very inexpensive.

there are entire genres of game that i play all the time that are unplayable with a controller. moba, rts, CRPG, MMO, flightsim, twitch shooters, etc

if i ONLY wanted to play 3rd person ARPGs then yeah id get a console.
>>
>>60955039
I don't disagree, just the cpu bottleneck came from one of their official statements, and it's just bullshit

They also stated that
>"We optimize for each platform's tech to deliver the best social action game experience we can. Period"
>" All consoles will run at 30fps to deliver D2's AI counts, environment sizes, and # of players. They are all CPU-bound
>>
>>60955070
yea, I dont agree with it but can almost say without a doubt its pajeet and telemetry that are doing it. They are probably encoding all kinect input constatnly, aswell as encoding gameplay for their shit dvr with the cpu and they have it capped so low because not only is it just barely scraping by 40 fps, but they wanted to leave some wiggle room for when explosions and stuff drop framerate. Locking it at 30 fps makes for a more even feel
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.