[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth to make my own graphic engine for make an indie game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: irrlicht3.jpg (57KB, 512x382px) Image search: [Google]
irrlicht3.jpg
57KB, 512x382px
is it worth to make my own graphic engine for make an indie game?
>>
yea
>>
sure.
make your own diaper too.
>>
>>60948988
If you want to make a game, hell no.
However it can be quite the learning experience. If you do decide to take a knack at it, I'd go about it in sort of an agile way - think about what changes are necessary to get the next iteration out. That way you never get lost in the giant forest of possibilities of designing such an engine.
Best of luck.
>>
>>60948988
For 2D games, yes.
>>
Design your own language as well.
>>
>>60948988
No
>>
Don't forget to do your own hardware.
>>
>>60949838
>>60949580
>>60949192
Haha, so funny.
>>
>>60949838

In all seriousness, this is actually a good idea. I recommend http://www.projectoberon.com/ Mind you, the eventual game will probably be shit but you'll learn loads along the way. That's really the question for OP, if he wants people to give him money for this game, "fuck no, don't write an inferior engine". But if it's for shits-and-giggles, fire ahead.
>>
>>60948988
Only if you do it in vulkan
>>
write it in machine code

make sure to make your own architecture as well

run it on quinary and create new theorems of quinary algebra to create new quinary logic gates

don't forget to try different types of conductors or semi-conductor materials, in fact find new ones
>>
>>60949838
> unity baby calling others out for diapers
>>
>>60948988
No, look at the guys who made Cities: Skyline
Their first two games were made in own engine, but it was too much of a hassle to actually support that engine by a small team.

Going commercial engine will relive you of huge portion of the programming and will actually make your experience with your project much more pleasant.
>>
>>60948988
give a man a game engine, and they'll make a game. teach a man to write a game engine, and they'll write game engines for the rest of their life.
>>
>>60948988
GitGud.
>>
>>60948988
it's never worth to make your own engine. ever.

unless you want an absurdly specific feature that no commercial engine can fulfill, which I find hard to believe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.