[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix Network Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1455838958259.jpg (17KB, 272x292px) Image search: [Google]
1455838958259.jpg
17KB, 272x292px
I've done a little googling on this but there are millions of similar but not similar issues.

Anyway. Basically I share my net connection with my housemate. We both watch Netflix. We both also do other things such as game.

However, when he watches Netflix it doesn't really effect my ability to browse or play games, or anything, or I should say, doesn't at all.
However when I watch Netflix it completely bottlenecks the entire network and i'm not sure why.

The only difference is for some reason I can't watch Netflix through Firefox, I did for awhile then one day it randomly gave me an error that usually reinstalling fixes, tried all alternatives such as cookie clearing and etc.. but nothing fixes it now. So I watch through Edge.
>>
>>60941336
Which one of you has the newest/fastest PC/network card out of the two?
>>
>>60941336
Oh also, the only other thing I can think of is. I do run it through a 4k Television on my PC. I was thinking that possibly, Netflix is 'trying' to source 4k content, but since i'm only on ADSL/20mbps, it throttles out the connection.

However it does this with content that as far as I know doesn't 4k content to output (such as anime, for example).

>>60941355
Mine would be the latest. MSI Gaming 7 onboard, though a few years old.
>>
>>60941369
That's probably it. Your PC is able to take advantage of your router's maximum throughput and hogs all the bandwidth when buffering through videos.

Google how to configure your network settings to your PC so you can limit the maximum speed/bandwidth for a specific application, in this case Netflix, or at least be able to toggle it to limit the speed/bandwidth before you start up a marathon sesh. It shouldn't be that hard or take long at all.

I'd be more specific but I don't exactly know where the location of each setting and step-by-step for your unique setup.

If all else fails, you could go into your router settings "192.0.0.1", or something to that affect, and set a maximum limit for your MAC address. Most relatively new router firmware has this type of feature.
>>
>>60941369
its probs that

>>60941511
dont do this

you can limit your netflix connection by pression ctrl+shift+alt+s (i think) and just select the max bitrate you want
>>
File: Daddy Senpai Davis.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy Senpai Davis.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
>>60941511
Oh and I forgot to mention to make sure you just check what may be in the Netflix application settings, and see if it has any network settings that may be possibly beneficial to your situation. I'm not trying to treat your like a newfae or anything, but usually the simplest of solutions are often overlooked-- occasionally I find myself spending hour hours on the stupidest shit to find out it was something obvious lol

>pic unrelated
>>
>>60941588
my English is shit
>>
>>60941336
>Using DRM-locked media
>ever
It's like you want your freedom to be violated by the capitalist scumbags
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.