[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many microservices have you written with a REST approach?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: alena-aenami-over-the-city1k.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alena-aenami-over-the-city1k.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
How many microservices have you written with a REST approach? What stack did you use and why?
>>
Nigga this is /v/eddit /g/eneral - GPUs and Wintoddlers
>>
>>60937267
I'm finally getting around to creating the one I've had floating around in my head for ages. I was going to go the HN-fag route of finding the best language/framework/stack etc but I realised that's pointless, just write it in fucking Python 3 and then port it to a more efficient language when it becomes slow. Gonna use the hug microframework for routing and other simple shit so I just write the JSON<->database calls
>>
>>60937267
I fucking hate the whole current microservice craze. I have to manage a lot of them plus have to depend on other teams to keep theirs running which they never do. It becomes fucking hell as the number of microservices grows and the dependencies become more complicated.
Plus you want to kill yourself when someone fucks up the connections between some components on some level down the flow and tells noone about it. I'm a fucking developer and not a slaveOps to deal with this shit.
>>
More than 10 in MVC and WebApi2 because of work and it's comfy as fuck if you like C#.
>>
>>60937267
What is even the difference between SOA and microservices. Aren't they the same thing?
>>
>>60939516
as i understand microservices are basically soa services each inside their own application server with their own db
also since you get a fuckton of application servers this way you need more utility services like load balancers, service registries and shit
>>
>>60937267
Used gprc, it's glorious. Google really fucking fails at advertising the amazing shit they open source. Proto and grpc make life a lot easier in the backend
>>
>>60939514
i've been learning c# and i really only have gotten into the desktop gui stuff, all the new dotnet core stuff changing every 3 months kind of concerns me for what i should learn in regards to c# webserver tech

what do you suggest anon
>>
>>60940010
I would suggest to stick with Web Api 2 and to get some glimpse about MVC 5 which is still used in many companies. Create a few simple endpoints together with a database schema, try to add some caching and think how to optimize it a little bit after that you will have a general overview of how does it work and it's pretty similar in every language/framework and then you won't really care about the framework and you will be able to jump into core without many problems.
>>
>>60937267
How the fuck does transaction management even work with 'RESTful' microservices?

Say I call multiple other mircoservices inside my microservice and the last one I call returns an error. How can I reliably rollback to the previous state?

In a monolytic webservice I can even use distributed database transactions to handle even the strangest use cases.
>>
>>60940130
A major idea of the REST concept is the importance of being stateless.
>>
Good luck with microservices if you work with startup
>>
>>60937267
I've written a few in java/spring and ruby. I'm currently experimenting with rocket.rs for some smaller projects.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.