[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaming pc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 300x168px
So /g/ how did you start building your gaming pc?
>>
>>60936969
i didnt i only use thinkpads
>>
>>60936969
With parts.
>>
I didn't build one I bought a refurbished ThinkCentre and put a 750 ti in it.
>>
>>60936969
Started with storage, case, moved to ram, power supply, Mobo, chip, gpu in that order
>>
>>60936969
>building
Salvaging PC is the true experience.
>>
>>60936969
Building PCs is for poorfags
>>
>>60937028
Poor because they are too stupid to save money buying prebuilt.
>>
>>60936969
put the cpu in the motherboard
>>
>>60937037
>prebuilts save money
No they don't. I priced it out, and buying a prebuilt, you generally spend $200-300 more, not to mention the inflated prices of options.
Building a PC is the cheapest option.
>>
When I was little my family was too poor to afford a good computer (pentium 4, 256mb of rdr ram, and a GeForce 4 until 2008, no consoles) and I wanted to play games. So I learned how computers worked and what I would need to do in order to make it better.
Fast forward, computers are still a hobby of mine, and now that I'm older I have a nice one.
>>
File: 1496881614741.jpg (80KB, 790x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1496881614741.jpg
80KB, 790x1062px
so i built my pc over 2 years ago and now every time i put it to sleep the pc will be running but nothing displays. i have to hard restart it now and i tried everything i could think of even reinstalled windows 10. anyone got any ideas for this poor wretch?
>>
File: 1306687777856.jpg (65KB, 445x488px) Image search: [Google]
1306687777856.jpg
65KB, 445x488px
Got everything in a bundle with newegg's DIY PC supercombo back in 2013.
>FX-8350
Worst processor decision ever.
>>
>>60937130
power button doesnt work when it goes to sleep?

is ur front panel wired in
>>
>>60937284
like the power button works but i get no display on screen and bios is fine but every time i put it too sleep and wake it up it stays black screened so i have to hold the power button to turn it off then on just to get to my log in screen
>>
I built mine with a friend, we both have the exact same rig.

There was a lot of excel spreadsheets, months of research on computer parts and finding the best prices. But the end result has worked fucking fantastically so far.

3 years on and still runs like a beast, only thing I regret is getting ATX instead of mATX
>>
My brother built it.
>>
I only buy pre-built
>>
I don't want to talk about it
>>
You start with a budget. Then you decide what things you want to focus on (purely gaming, nothing else?) and then buy the best parts you can in that budget. The focus is to mainly give you a GPU:CPU ratio, for example, if you're gaming at high resolutions, you need to spend way more on the GPU than the CPU. A general rule is more pixels require more GPU.
>>
>>60937176
>people made fun of me for owning AMD on the internet, despite the processor doing everything I needed and more
:(
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.