[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, if this is the wrong place for this thread politely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: mount stupid.jpg (20KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
mount stupid.jpg
20KB, 600x338px
Hey guys, if this is the wrong place for this thread politely sage.

So I'm trying to learn JS, NodeJS, and general coding principles for mostly web development.

What are some good books for beginners?
>>
File: 1412188069020.png (312KB, 506x662px) Image search: [Google]
1412188069020.png
312KB, 506x662px
>>60936883
>>
>>60936883
First of all, no matter how much someone describes to you the list of skills required to be a great painter, the only way to become one is to actually paint, not read books. You should limit yourself to a small amount of reading material, and if you want to get better, actually code. Don't just imagine yourself doing it while reading a bunch of inspirational bs.
Second. You want to become a great coder? Read up on ascetics. If you want to differentiate yourself from code monkeys you're gonna have to eliminate those low effort distractions. Code monkey + discipline = a somewhat capable coder.
> inb4 b-but I just want to be a casul coder and make websites and gaems and stuff
>>
>>60936967
I'm doing a bit on my own but I'm the kind of person who learns really easily from books so I want to read one.
>>
File: no.png (48KB, 591x337px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
48KB, 591x337px
Fixed
>>
>>60937301
>t. Still at the peak of mount stupid
More realistically, there's a dip back down to zero after mount stupid and it stays around there with some sporadic jumps for when you feel emotionally compelled to talk or if you are actually a teacher. Mostly it stays down because you get tired of repeating yourself and talking to people who aren't on the same level because it feels like talking to a wall.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.