[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the 470/570 out of stock fucking everywhere?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1490079876031.png (119KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1490079876031.png
119KB, 225x227px
Why are the 470/570 out of stock fucking everywhere?
>>
Cryptocurrency mining boom. They are not going to go down in price anytime soon. If you want a GPU for gayming at a reasonable price, you pretty much have to go NVIDIA.
>>
>>60935814
Just wait until ETH crashes or Vega releases and you'll be able to buy them from miners at 3/4ths to half the price
>>
>>60935973
>buying an used card that has been on stress 24/7 for fuck knows how long
>>
>>60935991
perfect. it hasn't temperature cycled much and can handle heavy duties.
>>
>>60935973
ETH is only getting started. Even if it dies altcoins will provide a method of breaking even.

Polaris are incredible mining cards providing the same hash rate as the fury x/390x while only consuming 80w.
>>
>>60935991
Underclocked and undervolted. Too bad about the fans though.
>>
>>60935991
>>60936002

Oh, it really depends on the card. The GPU chip and the functionality will be just fine even after years and years of mining 24/7.

The fans on the card is a very different story. On many cards they will be really noisy even at idle loads (when they are spinning very slowly). A few cards will be just fine.
>>
It has to be a shitty time for a console gamer to try out gaming, when even entry level cards are sold out or $800 plus tip
>>
>>60936128
>AMD Vega is $1200 for the air cooled model and $1900 for the water cooled model
>>
>>60935814
crypto fags making bank with eth
going to get the first crash before it re levels soon
so wait it out like >>60935973 or buy nvidia
>>
>>60936128
a 1050 Ti is better than a PS4/Xbone and it's only like $120
>>
wtf is being "mined" and who is being benefitted by people letting their gpus running 24/7? I never understood the way this shit works
>>
I don't understand that pic. Why does it get posted so often? It's extremely unremarkable.
>>
>>60935814
Ethereum
>>
>>60936245
ethereum, the new buttcoin with enterprise valuation
gpus can go through the prime number factorization much much much much much faster than any cpu
>>
>>60936218
But is it cost efficient for mining?
>>
>>60936245
>solve math equation
>receive 1/100,000,000th of a coin
>solve math equation really fast
>receive more coin
>solve like 50 math equation really fast 24/7
>receive more coin

And that's how cryptocurrency works. The equation gets harder to solve every coin that gets "mined" too. GPUs are really good at math.
>>
>>60936266
so why do they need GPUs running at full load factorizing prime numbers?
Are they trying to decode something or what?
How exactly do you earn money from doing this? Who pays you to have your PC turned on all day?
>>
File: hk3hmug36juy.jpg (476KB, 1439x1153px) Image search: [Google]
hk3hmug36juy.jpg
476KB, 1439x1153px
>>60936282
aww ur so cute
>>
>>60936282
>How exactly do you earn money from doing this?
You don't. Cryptocurrency isn't real money. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay you in American dollars for, and no legitimate outfit is going to fucking hand over American dollars for memecoins.

People hold on to them and wank off about their "value". It's kind of like people who collect really rare NES games.
>>
>>60936282
machines mining buttcoins make up the blockchain, the act of organizing, maintaining and updating with each other all day everyday creates buttcoins
>>
>>60936281
yeah but who benefits from all of this mathing? or is the value of the currency just inherent in the fact that it's difficult to obtain?
>>
>>60936308
the value is inherent in the idea that it is a hard labor, and the master buttcoin servers reward the labor with satoshi, small small small cuts of buttcoins
this happens at computer speeds though
>>
>>60936308
>or is the value of the currency just inherent in the fact that it's difficult to obtain?
Something like that. Nobody actually pays you to mine the coins. The coin is the end result of the mining. Once you solve the math equation you are left with a piece of data that is a coin or a fraction of a coin.

The more coins that get mined, the harder the equations become, enforcing artificial scarcity on the supply of coins and ensuring their value increases.
>>
>>60936308
>value of the currency
gentleman's agreement that...

>difficult to obtain
...provably time consuming work was done
>>
https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/253/the-ether-denominations-are-called-finney-szabo-and-wei-what-who-are-these-na

I didn't know there were so many denomination names...
>>
>>60936320
is b i t coin being swapped out for buttcoin

bitcoin
>>
>>60936320
>>60936376
apparently you're just a goon
>>
>>60936376
buttcoins are bitcoins butthead
>>
>>60935814
Hollup if GCN cards are good for mining will vegas new arch be better? If they are then Vega prices will go up insanely high

If that's the case I might as well get a good 1080
>>
>>60936110
If I buy one of those cards, can I nigger rig a couple of cpu/case fans instead of using the original fans? Is that possible?
>>
>>60936308
When someone wants to send bitcoin or ether to another user, they tell every other user to send X coins from Y address to Z address.

Everyone goes, ok! Hold on! Then miners pick it up, do some math, and the first to solve this hard math problem that just happens to be the same algorithm for confirming the transaction get rewarded with NEW coins by the whole network. Eventually the new coins stop being generated and miners are paid by users directly to keep working. The idea is the new coins generate traffic for the network until the network is self sustaining.

Some people want to trade coins for real money. So exchanges are set up for this. The value can theoretically be tied to how much it cost in electricity to mine coins, but in truth it's mostly speculative (people day trading).
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.