[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Elon the new Steve Jobs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5

File: Elon_Musk_2015.jpg (396KB, 1011x1484px) Image search: [Google]
Elon_Musk_2015.jpg
396KB, 1011x1484px
Is Elon the new Steve Jobs?
>>
>not a faggot
>makes good tech
>comes through with his promises
>actually knows how to program and the inner workings of his tech
>>
>>60932763
>makes good tech
(not true, by the way)
also Elon "divorced twice to the same woman" Musk is a terrible public speaker. hate him or not, Steve Jobs was good at presenting.
>>
>>60932814
>also Elon "divorced twice to the same woman" Musk is a terrible public speaker. hate him or not, Steve Jobs was good at presenting.
well but no one cares about irrelevant shit like this.
>>
>>60932814
>not true, by the way
1. Tesla/powerwall/reusable rockets
>not good
2. That comma doesn't need to be there
>>
>>60932851
well said, jobs was a faggot, no real tech, he only stole ideas, and fucked over a lot of people, fuck him
>>
>>60932851
>public speaking
>irrelevant
enjoy getting nowhere in life
>>
>>60932814
>>60932851
>left paypal because he couldn't convince his team to switch to windows
>left Trumps counsel over an agreement that chopped off USA's balls but allowed China to do whatever the fuck they want
>unironically wants to live on mars
just another leftist cuck owned by special interests
>>
>>60932873
>2. That comma doesn't need to be there
does this post
>>60932886
trigger you?
>>
>>60932886
>no real tech, he only stole ideas, and fucked over a lot of people
Sounds like John Carmack and Bill Gates, desu.
>>
>>60932814
I get called a "hater" every time I point out to somebody that electric cars are good tech for the future but they are actually more harmful to the environment today than a combustion engine. An electric car today is basically just a car that runs on coal or natural gas but if incredibly less efficient than actually just putting the natural gas or coal into your car directly.

If nuclear power was the norm then electric cars would be great, but it isn't yet so assholes who brag about their electric cars are quite foolish.
>>
>>60932890
because clearly musk who is bad at public speaking didn't do shit in his life
>>
>>60932901
>left paypal because he couldn't convince his team to switch to windows
while he technically left, he was ousted by paypal for wanting to use windows
Musk is a false prophet and you are all fucking idiots for climbing aboard the hype train.
>>
>>60932890
dont contradict yourself faggot, he wouldnt have multiple nultimillion dollar companies if presenting skills mattered
>>
>>60932901
>t. Retard that doesn't understand how the Paris Climate Agreement works
Kys
>>
>>60932932
[citation needed]
>>
>>60932935
>Musk is a false prophet and you are all fucking idiots for climbing aboard the hype train.
This.

Musk's personal involvement in Hyperloop and SpaceX is highly exaggerated, and Tesla is only successful because they jewed battery technology IP from their engineers, which had to sue them. Even the whole AI autopilot thing is just a bunch of legal trolling, where Tesla is suing former employees.
>>
>>60932933
>>60932935
this.
Obviously you don't have to fuck over too many people or do some illegal bullshit, but no one cares about conflicts between you and your waifu
>>
>>60932932
Norway here, 99.5% of our energy comes from hydroelectric plants, so you can take your shitty hurr durr but electricity comes from coal and gas elsewhere, Donald Trump.
>>
>>60933000
>Norway here, 99.5% of our energy comes from hydroelectric plants,
there's less than 6 million of you
>>
>>60932969
Almost all of the electricity in America (and in many other nations) is produced by coal and natural gas. Getting that from the power plant to your house = losses, getting it from the outlet to battery = losses, battery to motor = losses.
>>
>>60933017
But we also have the highest number of Teslas per capita.

http://insideevs.com/tax-exemptions-in-norway-cut-tesla-model-s-price-in-half/

The irony is that we dig up oil and gas which we sell at low-cost to other countries that ruin their own environments though.
>>
File: ,.png (168KB, 727x682px) Image search: [Google]
,.png
168KB, 727x682px
>>60933017
Germany here, last week or so we got a day were all of our energy came from renewable energy sources
>>
>>60933047
>Almost all of the electricity in America
Most is, but not "almost all". ~30% is coal and ~33% is natural gas. Almost 20% is nuclear and the rest is hydro, biomass and wind. Solar is very low though.
>>
>>60933062
Whoa a whole day!
>>
>>60932950
>t. get his talking points from msnbc
back to plebbit, faggot
>>
>>60933097
You're just splitting hairs.
>>
File: ayn rand gf sim.webm (3MB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
ayn rand gf sim.webm
3MB, 856x480px
>>60932590

he is getting fucked
>>
>>60933050
Yes because co2 emissions are a localized problem and don't cause damage for everyone.
>Norway in charge of not being retarded and seeing the bigger picture.
>>
>>60933131
>doesn't prove he knows what he's talking about
please leave.
>>
File: 1497531588948.png (531KB, 682x682px) Image search: [Google]
1497531588948.png
531KB, 682x682px
>>60933149
>almost all
>63%
>>
>>60933149
You're just talking shit.
>>
>>60933185
That's not what I said, I clearly pointed out that it was ironic of Norway/aka us to claim moral high ground by fuelling zero emission cars with hydropower and then be one of the leading oil producers in the world.
>>
>>60933185
CO2 emissions are one thing, but burning coal clearly leads to highly localised problems, yes. If you lived next to a Chinese coal power plant, global warming would be the lowest environmental concern you had.
>>
>>60933149
Less than 2/3 is not "almost all".
>>
>>60933200
It's 65% and residential property (where these will be charged) falls more in that 65 than the others.
>>
>>60932932
This is simply false. Even in areas that run predominately on coal, electric cars are still less polluting than ICEs, even hybrids.
>>
>>60933047
>gasoline and diesel are produced at the pump
Even with those losses electrics today beat ICEs on efficiency and pollution.
>>
>>60933290
Now you're just making shit up. If you live in California, for example, it's a good chance that 100% of your electricity consumption comes from solar power, depending on where you live.
>>
>>60933261
"Eh eh I'll point out he said almost all instead of 2/3, instead if providing any counter argument"
This is what weaponized autism looks like.
>>
>>60933047
>Getting that from the power plant to your house = losses, getting it from the outlet to battery = losses, battery to motor = losses.
And transporting oil from Saudi Arabia to the US using gigantic ships that burn through millions of litres of diesel and then convert oil into gasoline and then transport that gasoline to the gas station also uses a lot of energy.
>>
>>60933292
Yep. Large-scale production of energy, no matter the method, is more efficient than individual gasoline engines powering everything. Gimme a huge coal plant over lots of little combustion engines any day.
>>
>>60933329
Maybe on a good day and what do you think their electricity comes from at night? Lunar power?
>>
>>60933335
My main point was actually that more than a third of US power comes from clean energy sources, which is a considerable amount seeing how less than 1/7 of Chinese power is clean, for example.

But sure, go for the "le autism" meme instead of actually having a real discussion.
>>
>>60933365
You know that there is this thing called batteries, right? Which is why you can charge your electric car and then disconnect it.

Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_energy#Energy_storage_methods
>>
>>60933349
I said nothing about oil. Many countries run their cars on natural gas and that would be more efficient than using it to make electricity and then pumping it to your house and then to your car.
>>
>>60933398
>Many countries run their cars on natural gas
You're confusing either biodiesel (not natural gas) or hydrogen (also not natural gas) for natural gas. I don't know of any large scaled car park that run on methane.

Also, unless you plan to have large scale gas pipes leading directly into residens, you still have a logistical problem.
>>
>>60933372
My original post stated electric cars are great future tech but we don't have the nuclear capabilities to make them really make sense today.
>>
>>60933474
Well, you're wrong because you are leaving out the energy cost of transporting and refining oil.
>>
>>60933446
I lived in Thailand for almost a year and their cars mostly run on compressed natural gas.
>>
>>60933365
California has a large amount of pumped hydro and natural gas plants, which aren't even that polluting. In fact, only 6% (six, no zero) of California's electricity comes from coal, less than 1% of which is actually produced in the state. Natural gas makes up another 44%, meaning only half of the state's electricity, on average, for 40 million people, comes for coal or natural gas. The rest is renewables, for the entire state. Now consider the several large solar and wind arrays being built, and you'll realize what a retard you are.
>>
>>60933501
AGAIN I SAID NOTHING ABOUT OIL. My fucking point was that TODAY real world use is that electric cars basically run on coal and natural gas and are less efficient than just putting it in the car itself which is true.
>>
>>60933547
>TODAY real world use is that electric cars basically run on coal and natural gas and are less efficient than just putting it in the car itself
But this is false because of the cost of transportation.
>>
>>60933547
What kind of car do you have that allow you to put coal directly into it?
>>
>>60933536
Anyone who thinks solar or wind power has any future in mass electric production is a retard. I'm willing to bet that less than 10% of that 50+% comes from wind or solar.
>>
>>60932814
intentionally, he wants to press on the idea of a genius who can't speak his mind eloquently.

in the 21st century, top brands are religions, you need a prophet in order to keep the religion hot and growing.
The product and its competitiveness is 100% irrelevant if people worship the religion and follow the prophet. Look of what Jobs did with Apple. Fags don't understand and don't even give a shit about the products yet they keep buying it. If you own their minds, you own their pockets. That's all.
>>
>>60933594
This board really is autistic. The point is that is essentially what they are, not that I'm purposing we do that.
>But but what about this town in Alabama that uses dogshit to power all it's homes?
Shut up faggots
>>
>>60933594
He conducts a 70-Ton Three-Truck Climax-DCC you pleb
>>
>>60933661
...so your argument is basically that electric car technology isn't mature enough, and your argument is some fictive alternative technology that allows you to magically use gas or coal power directly into your car?

I think you are the one suffering from autism, anon.
>>
>>60933547
Except you are completely wrong and are a fucking retard. ICEs are incredibly inefficient, and you have to consider extraction, refinement, and transportation of the fuel to your car. It is more efficient to convert that fuel to electricity at a power plant, and send it over the grid to an electric motor than to refine it, ship it, and burn it in an ICE.

https://matter2energy.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/wells-to-wheels-electric-car-efficiency/

Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>60932763
>not a faggot
>makes good tech
>comes through with his promises
>actually knows how to program and the inner workings of his tech

So you just described Jobs, and not eelon.
>>
>>60933693
lmfao rekt
>>
>>60933601
http://www.energy.ca.gov/almanac/electricity_data/total_system_power.html
8.2 from wind and 6 from solar a year ago.

I'm personally not a fan of >muh solar/wind/whatever except in the areas it makes significant sense to do so. I'm a nuclear guy, but the people of California are retards and have decided not to ditch all polluting energy generation for clean nuclear.

The point remains that California has a relatively clean power mix and that retard saying EVs were worse is an idiot.
>>
>>60933711
>steve jobs was actually a faggot
he even died of aids
>advocating apple products on /g/
either b8 or shill. gtfo you fucking nigger
>>
>>60933693
ICE losses 4-6%
Power plant to home losses 8-15%
>>
>>60933764
>he uses losses as a verb
Pajeet, go home. Your poo burning technology aint worth shit.
>>
>>60933047
Fucking nazi, burning jews not part of a renewable energy source
>>
Fact:

Elon was fired from PayPal for wanting to move the PayPal servers from Unix to Microsoft Windows

I'm not kidding. Check Wikipedia.
>>
>>60933742
Yes I agree it can be supplemental in some area but my whole point in this thread was
Electric cars + nuclear= great
Electric cars + today's energy production = not the amazing thing people are saying it is.
>>
>>60933764
>full retard
ICEs have an average tank to wheel efficiency of 15%, meaning only 15% of the energy in the gasoline that sits in your car is converted to motion. Teslas average around 70%. The US grid only looses about 5% of power in transmission.
>>
>>60933812
But jews are literally renewable, and if burning them is an energy source, then you have renewable energy.
>>
>>60933841
>Electric cars + today's energy production = not the amazing thing people are saying it is.
They are, with the current US power generation mix, twice as efficient as ICEs are, TODAY. And, as the energy mix improves, all EVs improve with it. ICEs only degrade.
>>
>>60933841
>Electric cars + today's energy production = not the amazing thing people are saying it is.
But that's wrong....
>>
No, his company survives off of government subsidies.
>>
>>60933913
So does the entire energy section, coal, oil and gas included. Not to mention that they receive substantial tax breaks as well.
>>
>>60933913
So do most other US companies. What's your point?
>>
>>60933131

t. gets his talking points from /pol/ and fox news
>>
>>60932814
>he still thinks public speaking matters
I can find you a dozen people who are better at public speaking than Steve Jobs. They all work at Walmart and McDonalds. Doing is much more important than talking, and people who believe otherwise aren't very good at doing.
>>
>>60933965
>They all work at Walmart and McDonalds
Speaking nignog does not make you a good public speaker, just because niggers are having a hard time comprehending the meaning of three-syllable words.
>>
>>60933962
>he gets his talking points from the left wing equivalent
>>
File: vcVnNtX.webm (720KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
vcVnNtX.webm
720KB, 718x404px
>>
>>60933981
I'm being serious. I guarantee that there is at least person in almost every Walmart in the country who is a better public speaker than Steve Jobs. Public speaking alone gets you nowhere, and only really matters if you're trying to sell fancy chinkshit to teenage girls.
>>
>>60934038
>trying to sell fancy chinkshit to teenage girls.
Well, /g/ likes fancy chinkshit and pretends to be teenaged girls...
>>
>>60933989
I thought this was gonna be the one where it fell sideways and exploded, lol.
>>
>>60932981
>Musk's personal involvement in Hyperloop and SpaceX is highly exaggerated
Musk has zero involvement in any of the hyperloop companies.

He's very deeply involved in the daily going ons at SpaceX.

Source: I work here and have to deal with his autism sometimes.
>>
>>60933989
that's pretty damn cool
>>
>>60932590

Elon still has alot of margin to match Steve and when he does the credibility and relevancy won't scale just financially because of the correlation on how valuable the belief the contribution is towards the believer.
>>
>>60932590
> didn't die of cancer

not even close to Steve Jobs, great b8
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.