[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't devs care about Android tablets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Android-Tablet-Frame-PNG.png (176KB, 1450x977px) Image search: [Google]
Android-Tablet-Frame-PNG.png
176KB, 1450x977px
> Install top 200 apps
> 19 don't work
> 69 don't support landscape
> 84 are stretched-out phone apps
> only 28 are "tablet" apps

what gives?

source: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/one-year-later-can-android-7-0-nougat-save-the-pixel-c/
>>
Tablets are one of Android's biggest pitfalls. Android tablets are way too underrepresented in the Android community compared to iPads in the iOS community.
>>
>>60932508
Because 99.9% of apps are shitty cash grabs that made up of "borrowed" code and serve no purpose. Why would they bother doing anything above bare minimum effort?
>>
>>60932508
Because Android is an irrelevant mobile OS used mostly by third-worlders and fat contrarian neckbeards that don't want to be one of the "iSheep." Neither of which are good markets for tablets. Third worlders are too poor for tablets and neckbeards don't like tablets because they don't have all their autistic desktop gayming features.
>>
>>60932508
Tablets are dead.
>>
>>60932964
>Third worlders are too poor for tablets
>says this while most tablets are chink shit that costs less than most phones
No one but kids care about tablets
>>
>>60932796
this is true, instead of focusing on a scalable app design framework to work on a tablet or even a desktop they have material design faggotry.
>>
>>60932670
Probably because tablets never really took off as strongly in the Android community and have only declined since, like the iPad community.

People are just using phones.
>>
>Bought a Galaxy Note Pro rather cheap on ebay a few years back.
>Was a beast for what I needed it for, worked great for a long time and had great compatibility for what I needed it for/great multimedia machine.
>Update for it was released a few months ago, started to break things left and right.
>Can no longer watch youtube without it pausing every 2 minutes and forcing me to press the play button every time.
>Chrome is more prone to crashes.
>Plex no longer loads up (One of the main reasons I got the tablet).
>Email apps on android have been garbage lately with a lot of the ones I used to use either closing down or going the premium route with annoying ads/forcing users to pay a yearly premium.
>Everything was now much slower and harder to do anything with.
>Still had the same issues even after a wipe, and it is not a model I can put a custom ROM on.
>Wiped and sold it last week.

...Anything decent on the market? Because right now I am deeply considering either getting another iPad or getting a used Surface Pro tablet. Only Android tablet I found that I am semi-interested in is the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 and there are reports that the build quality is garbage.
>>
File: moosenpsJacobWFrank.jpg (333KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
moosenpsJacobWFrank.jpg
333KB, 800x533px
>>60933526

I was considering the Pixel C myself, but after reading about how trash the app support is for android tabs in general i'm considering going back to an iPad myself
>>
File: ak-photos-bull-moose-in-fireweed.jpg (278KB, 1080x798px) Image search: [Google]
ak-photos-bull-moose-in-fireweed.jpg
278KB, 1080x798px
>>60933683

i have myselfed myself
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.