[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Build components for Archi 3D Rendering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Arch2O-RBblog-01.jpg (144KB, 848x525px) Image search: [Google]
Arch2O-RBblog-01.jpg
144KB, 848x525px
Which components do you recommend buying to build an adequate PC for 3D modelling and rendering?
Using: 3DsMax Revit AutoCAD Sketchup Vray etc.
Motherboard, RAM, CPU, GPU, M.2 or SSD, cooling system, etc.
Thanks a lot
>>
>>60925541
What, no budget?
>>
>>60925564
>>>60925541 (OP) (You)
>What, no budget?
Say Almost $3000
>>
Dpends on how large your models are. If you are going to render some heavily detailed physics animation, like airflow or heatflow you really need huge amount of processing power. I do some smaller rendering, like Animation with cars etc. I use a Ryzen 1800x and it works fine. But the bottleneck is the GPU. I'd recommend you a FirePro or a Quadro. There are special motherboards with special bus systems for rendering machines. They provide direct buses from the M2 SSD to the processor unit. However I am not really that well educated in the pro sector.

Exporting a shutter in Blender with a 3D world with small animation in 4k and 40 sec it takes me about 25 mins with a ryzen 1800x and a nitro 480 4GB. I think this could be improved. But i am not that familiar with Blender yet.
>>
>>60925606
I would also require to do heat flow, illumination and energy simulations. Firepro seems a nice place to start, so i wouldn't go to "gaming" motherboards since it's more CPU intensive than GPU, right?!
Ryzen i think needs more time to cultivate performance.
>>
>>60925541
The new vray (3.6 i think) has hybrid rendering engine so it uses both cpus and gpus (only cuda as far as i know). Problem is gpu memory.
So the basics would be a ryzen 1800x and whatever nvidia with the biggest memory you can buy.
A quadro P4000/8gb is around $820
A gigabutt GTX1080Ti/11gb is around $700

Also, revit doesnt use that much ram, 3ds and vray's ram party should be fixed since long ago.
8gb should be plenty but hey, if you want to work like a retard (one fat model of revit with arch, struct, mep all in one, a 3ds instance of the same project with the vray frame buffer filled to the brim, a web browser, itunes and photoshop just because) get 16 or 32gb of ram. Oh and ryzen likes the fastest ram.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.