[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is my 1080ti damaged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: zt-p10810c-10p_image1.jpg (126KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
zt-p10810c-10p_image1.jpg
126KB, 1024x707px
>ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme
>rendering device lost errors in overwatch
>sudden fps drop from 100 to 0 and crash in witcher 3 after 2 minutes of playing

max temperature it ever got is 61C, but the GPU is under 100% load since i open witcher

tried applying -50mhz memory clock, but same errors keep happening.
is my card to unstable/should i RMA it? already reinstalled all drivers, also went back to previous ones and nothing helps
>>
Sounds like a power consumption issue, try another psu
>>
>>60914232
i have a new
>1000 Watt be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 Modular 80+ Platinum
so that shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>60914257
Try a different psu anyway
>>
>zootac
found your problem
>>
>>60914283
don't have any around, only one that's 5 years old and doesn't have enough juice for the current setup.

>>60914338
elaborate?
>>
>>60914201
if DDU driver removal and reinstalling drivers/ reinserting card, reattaching cables or even reinstalling programs/OS didnt work then send it back.
also dont buy top of the line cards like 1080, 1080ti, titan etc in the future. these $700 cards get outperformed by $300 dollar ones in 18 months.
>>
Roll back to 378.92 or earlier drivers. 380 drivers updated WDDM to 2.2 which broke a lot of stuff.
>>
File: gpu.png (690KB, 1757x597px) Image search: [Google]
gpu.png
690KB, 1757x597px
>>60914447
>>60914447
already tried everything but reinstalling the OS.
underclocking didn't helped either, now i deinstalled msi and tried the zotac one to monitor gpu usage etc.

>>60914475
will try that, if not i will start rma
>>
>>60914496
dont bother reinstalling the OS then.
was the card working properly on older drivers? if yes, then roll back and update after a newer driver comes along.
>>
>>60914538
well i only have it for 4 days or so, the whole new rig actually.
at first i played overwatch for 2 whole nights, no problems, then the rendering device lost error started and began happening constantly.
so i wanted to play witcher and can't get past 2 minutes...
>>
>>60914475
>Roll back to 378.92
just did, 20 seconds in witcher and it crashed
>>
>>60914560
Try to unplug it and plug again. Try different psu connectors.
Try different drivers.
Try run gpu-z and furmark.
Try different connector and different holes in gpu for monitor.
Try "debug mode" in nvidia control panel to return card to base clock.

Try update mobo bios.
Try to look if you cant update gpus bios.
>>
>>60914201
Over heating, or psu failure.
>>
>>60914929
furmark run perfectly for 40mins this morning.
bios is up to date

will try different connectors and debug mode now
>>
>overwatch
you deserve it.Also, not your tech support
>>
>>60915045
>furmark ran perfectly
Nvidia (and probably amd too) put detection into drivers to detect furmark in order to avoid housefire. Try some other heavy benchmarks. You want something deterministic and heavy for both cpu and gpu. I used to run
Aida 64 to push cpu and 3D mark to push gpu.

It restarted my pc in 2 seconds when ran in the same time. Exchanged cpu and psu both at the same time to fix issue.

Try running benches without nvidia gpu. Like with integrated graphics.
>>
>>60914929
debug mode - i played witcher for 5 minutes now without trouble
>>
>>60915210
Seriously stop playing games for a moment and download HEAVY BENCHMARKS.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/monster-hunter-official-benchmark-download.html

https://www.aida64.com/downloads

Your PC has to be able to run BOTH at the same time without issues.
>>
>>60914201
I get the overwatch thing on my 980ti
Have to reset afterburner profile and close it
It doesn't like overclocks
No idea about the fps dip and witcher thing though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.