[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am using a raspberry pi and a dht22 sensor to control a humidifier.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: sku_138531_2.jpg (57KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
sku_138531_2.jpg
57KB, 700x700px
I am using a raspberry pi and a dht22 sensor to control a humidifier. I need the sensor to be at the opposite end of the room.
how can I get accurate readings from 20ft away. I only have the small 4 inch connector cables to the gpio right now. Would I just need to buy some wire and solder it?

Id like to use the rPi instead of a humidistat because im tight on funds.
>>
Place both 20ft away
>>
Let me elaborate. The pi is in another room and I need to run the sensor to my humidifer at the opposite end of the bigger room.
>>
>>60914065
either build yourself a 20ft cable or go this way:
https://www.mysensors.org/
>>
>>60914065
how do you connect to your humidifier? if you use a relay, put your pi and dehumidifier close together and just buy the wire that connects to the high voltage to be 20ft
>>
File: basic.png (22KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
basic.png
22KB, 800x600px
>>60914214
yes I am using relay. The room will be 90% Relative humidity so I want raspberry pi in my aircondition room. The room the humidifer is in is 8'x11'
>>
>>60914332
>The room will be 90% Relative humidity so I want raspberry pi in my aircondition room.
it doesnt fuckin matter, nigger.
>>
>>60914355
okay thanks I will just replace my rpi every other day.
>>
>>60914214
oops i meant
put the pi and the sensor close together
>>
>>60914378
Well no, because it wont die?
>>
Get a cheap (~7$) esp8266 wifi chip. Connect it to your wifi. Program it to read the sensor data and post it to a webserver running on your pi.
>>
>>60914397
I will also have an overhead misters. I need a way to have it connected to monitor,keyboard,mouse I have a program that logs data and graphs it and allows farm control.
>>60914440
The room is in my detached garage. I have a wifi chip for it but Ive tried vnc server and the connection constantly cuts out.
>>
>>>/diy/
>>
>>60914065
you growing 420 bro?
>>
>>60917176
no its illegal here.
>>
You could try using infared signals to relay it
>>
>>60914863
Making a post with temperature and humidity every few seconds will require far less of the network than vnc.
You'll have to figure oit for yourself how to do it though which is hard without any experience I guess.
Depends on what languages you're comfortable in. Afaik the esp toolkit has some built in functions for http posting so thay should be easy.
On the pi you'd run an http server that works with a language you're comfortable with. Nginx with python should be fairly straightforward and lightweight.
You could even build on your project by creating some kind of web interface to control the sustem.
>>
>>60917513
my garage is so far away that the usb wifi antenna I bought hardly connects and I need to leave the garage door open for it to work. I may just have to buy a high powered antenna.
>>
>>60917292
>90% humidity
>not weed
what the fuck man?
>>
>>60917661
Or stop growing pot you degenerate fuck.
>>
File: ESP-01.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ESP-01.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>60914065
buy an (arduino programmable) ESP8266 (~2$) and connect that thing directly to your wifi.
>>
>>60918118
I already have a wifi antenna. The goal is to have all the computer equipment in the low humidity room and a sensor in the high humidity room roughly 16' away.
>>
>>60918162
that's not an antenna, it's a programmable microcontroller with wifi and full TCP/IP stack.
>>
>>60918235
raspberry pi already has wifi? I dont understand what youre getting at.
>>
>>60914863
You can attach a ghetto antenna on the ESP8266. There are online tutorials on it.
Alternatively you could use an Arduino with Ethernet Shield or another Ethernet module and pass an ethernet cable to your garage if you have some.
>>
>>60918245
ESP allows you to send data through wifi. It can act as an access point or connect to an already existing wifi network. Then you could read sensor data with ESP (it's programmable) and send it to your raspberry server through wifi.
>>
>>60918245
fuck off pot head
>>
>>60914065
These sensors are fucking shit. I used them for a project once and its value changed wildly.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.