[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Budget setup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 20170613_175736.jpg (566KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_175736.jpg
566KB, 2560x1440px
I got $100 and I'm trying to build a PC. Please help me /g/ I don't even know where to start
>>
>>60907029
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/want-a-computer-for-less-than-a-benjamin-weve-rounded-up-10-options/
>>
>>60907029
Just a PC or a "gaming" pc?
>>
>>60907064
Gaming
>>
>>60907081
If you buy a old prebuilt system and a old graphics card you can get something like GTA 5 running at low, 720p, 25fps. For that price.
>>
>>60907081
You can start by getting a job. That'll help pay for a really good gaming computer.

Or start sucking dick at a corner, whatever works man.
>>
>>60907199
I already tried that dude! But then I have been told that my technique sucks and then I end up getting WAY less than I asked for :'(
>>
>>60907224
How can you suck at sucking dick? Go sell drugs like all the Kool kids.
>>
Tbh for that price I'd just get a used PS3/360 if you want to play games. Or get a low power PC. But you'll get a shitty version of both of you try to have it all.
>>
>>60907029
to get all the parts for $100 you're going to end up with junk honestly, you could get better performance from an old netbook or intel compute stick off ebay. If you're curious about the netbook route buy something with an n570 or n2600 processor
>>
>>60907362
didn't read thread all the way if you just want to game I recommend doing what a different anon suggested, just find or buy a prebuilt computer with a pcie x16 slot and get something like a used gtx 660 from ebay.
>>
>>60907397
Yeah that sounds good
>>
>>60907397
I'm the anon who suggested it and he could get like a optiplex 775 and a gtx 660 for about 100.
>>
>>60907439
Careful with the PSU on those, it might be too week
>>
>>60907439
other guy here, seconding the optiplex
>>
>>60907476
He would only need to buy a 450 watt psu which can get dirt ass cheap and I maybe wrong on which optiplex I think it might be the 745 not the 775 that has the core duo quad. Which ever it is, he'd want the quad or maybe even a 9010 with an i3 I've seen them go for like 50
>>
>>60907515
the gtx 660 isn't terribly power hungry, I don't have an exact figure but I reckon one could get by with a 300 watt psu for a while, as long as the psu isn't terribly old or overused. Though I may be wrong, it's possible the optiplex psu might not provide enough amps to run the gtx 660. Apparently 24 amps on the 12v rail is enough to be safe.
>>
>>60907081
you could do 16-bit gaming for that much
>>
>>60907551
IIrc the 660 uses 140 watts.
>>
>>60907551
the 780 mt optiplex for example likely supplies 15a on the 12v rail so yeah be careful the gtx 660 will be a bit ambitious for the stock power supplies on a lot of old machines. You could go low end and get something like a radeon hd 4670 or nvidia equivalent if you don't want to buy a power supply yet, it's not great but you can still play plenty of games on lower graphic settings.
>>
I got a Dell t3500 taking up space. You'd need some RAM for it. $100 and I'll ship it to you.
>>
pay a nigger to steal one for you
>>
>>60907653
one last suggestion before I get too carried away here, if you can pickup a decent optiplex/similar for free or nearly free then spend your hundo on a gtx 1050 ti. It might be a little over $100 actually but I think it could be worth it for the performance and it should be fully functional and fairly safe on most 300w psus. also if you're interested in watching something related to this wendell has an interesting two part video about this sort of thing https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVw95WVLPs
good luck with your cheap pc gaming endeavors
>>
>>60907783
Thank you senpai
>>
Do you have any peripherals at all?

As in is this just the pc or do you need a monitor, keyboard and mouse as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDLTwS4zgs

but really you're better off buying an old used pc off craigslist/ebay if ur budget is only 100!
>>
>>60907029
goto a thrift store, specifically a thrift store distribution center or warhouse. they often have electronics or an electronic section. i got a core 2 duo for my gf for 60 bucks, then spent another 50 on craigslist for a gpu and now we can play wow together. also tons of shit on my steam library runs as i have lots of indie shit.

also roblox, it runs great on the 110 dollar computer
>>
Get a job and save up
>>
go to a local computer repair shop and see if they have any c2d/c2q machines available for cheap. Our shop has plenty of old Dells with pci-e slots. While we specifically don't generally sell old hardware, if you're persistent enough, you can probably get someone to sell you one for ~$50. Just don't expect a warranty. From there, spend $50 on a 660. My girlfriend's brother and I put together a Phenom II x3 (x2 w/unlocked core) for his nephew and it runs pretty well.
>>
>>60907029
Bruh just get an Xbox 360
>>
>>60907029
LTT BTFO
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jNwDsJ
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.