[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sold R9 290 Looking For New Card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hey guys, I sold my R9 290 for $285 on eBay, which is fucking insane to me, but I digress...

I have a 1080p monitor clocked at 60Hz
I will have around $240 dollars for a new GPU when everything is finalized.

I found a GTX 980 ti for $250 but I'm wondering if my i5 4670 might bottleneck it a bit and if I should grab a GTX 980 for $100 or so less and just use the extra on other shit.

The 980ti would be great to have if I make the jump to 1440p, but if my i5 is going to fuck it I may as well stick with a 980. Any help is appreciated, friendos.
>>
I sold my 390x for $380, bought it for $310.
>>
first off, please refer to >>/sqt/ for this.

second, it will work, 1080p 60fps is a piece of cake, and that CPU should also be able to play on 1440p. But imho if the 980 is less than half the price, save the money and use it on some other shit.

with this shit all said... SAGE
>>
>>60906440
If you're going to make a jump to 1440p you might save money going with a GTX 1070. 1080Ti if you want 4K. I personally use an overclocked 1060 for 1080p and I rarely ever have any problems, but I've heard the RX580 8GB outperforms it.

tl;dr
1080p - RX 580 8GB
1440p - GTX 1070
4K - GTX 1080Ti
>>
>>60906521
I always forget the SQT.
Shit, sorry.....
But the 980 isn't less than half the price. It'd be like $150 instead of the $250 for the 980ti.
>>
>>60906543
1070 is just about equal to the 980ti, though.
I can't find a 1070 for $250 I've tried.
>>
>>60906570
Oh damn, didn't realize the 980Ti dropped down to $250. I guess you should check out benchmarks online, preferably with something closer to the CPU you currently have, and make your decision from there. If the difference is negligible then 980Ti could be preferable, and if it doesn't do what you want it to do you can always SLI it.
>>
>>60906596
It didn't drop that low, I just have a friend that has one he's trying to sell and he told me he would do $250.
>>
>>60906666
Oh okay, definitely do that then.
>>
>>60906680
Thank you!
I appreciate your help.
I assume that should get me through another year or two unless games start using all those fucking cores in Ryzen.

If that happens, I'm gonna shit my fucking self.
kek.
>>
>>60906758
I think a 980Ti is going to last you a while still. Even if games get more advanced, you can always run your games at a slightly lower resolution to get higher framerates. My 580 fried a few years ago and I was stuck using embedded Intel graphics for years until I finally bought a 1060; was able to play somewhat newer games at lower resolutions with embedded graphics.
>>
>>60906797
Yeah, I'm using the iGPU in my i5 at the moment to fuck around on Guild Wars 2. Sure it looks like shit, but it'll do till I buy my new card.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.