[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know if something similar to pic related exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: XK-4-Fingers_1200.jpg (76KB, 1200x857px) Image search: [Google]
XK-4-Fingers_1200.jpg
76KB, 1200x857px
Does anyone know if something similar to pic related exists? I just need a 2-4 key keyboard to input commands to my music/video computer. I can't find any hardware that isn't fuckhuge or expensive. Pic related is $100 which isn't even worth it. I'm looking for something small that can sit on my desk.

Even a small flat USB mouse with left click and right click would work- I can change the inputs with AHK or something. I just want to be able to change music without having to use a USB switch to get the mouse and keyboard to the other computer, and I don't want a second keyboard because it uses so much space.
>>
You could probably make your own for pretty cheap if you can solder.
>>
Would an xbox controller work? I think I've also heard of apps that you can put on your phone to use as a bluetooth controller for a computer too
>>
make your own. teensy 3.2, perfboard, your switches of choice, and soldering equipment.
>>
>>60904900
>>60904879
I've never done anything like that before but it sounds like a fun project. Thanks /g/. Back to /o/ for me
>>
Just get a USB numpad
>>
http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-falcon-8-custom-programmable-mini-macropad-mechanical-keyboard-assembled.html

Or just buy a usb numpad or something
>>
>>60904856
Dude just download unified remote for android.
>>
>Even a small flat USB mouse with left/right click would work

https://www.ebay.com/i/321885825651?chn=ps&dispItem=1 It's either 10 bucks or a project, OP. Pick your poison.
>>
File: wiring2.jpg (2MB, 1000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
wiring2.jpg
2MB, 1000x5000px
make your own
>>
synergy
>>
>>60904953

I think this is the best idea. You can get one for $4 on ebay with free shipping
>>
File: 31ro6J5fZ8L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
31ro6J5fZ8L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
13KB, 350x350px
griffin powermate. It's $35 though
>>
File: t3-remote.png (418KB, 954x939px) Image search: [Google]
t3-remote.png
418KB, 954x939px
>>60904856
>>60904962
>>60905420

>USB Digital 19 Keys Keypad Numeric Mini Keypad Slim Retractable Keyboard Numpad For Laptop PC
> US $3.20 on AliExpress

I'm not sure what the problem is. Does it have to be 4-key? Is a number pad really that big?

Why you'd want one in the first place is a good question, though. I use a (pc) remote for my HTPC. I'm fairly sure that's a better solution.
>>
I just use vidayi game controllers for media control
used to use and xbox360 one with xpadder, use a steam controller nowadays which is really nice to control the mouse with so I can browse from bed as well
>>
>>60905582

fucking hell, just read

>>60905186
>>
>>60905931
I prefer using a controller than my phone for something like this
>>
>>60906088
fair enough, but now you know another thing in case you need it
>>
>>60905445
Just checked, it seems to be 45$ now.
>>
You can remap some useless keys on the keyboard like inser, sroll lock and pause break
>>
>>60907946
but they're not useless
I think he wants something more portable anyway
>>
>>60904856
Go on etsy and search for "osu 4k", you can remap the keys.
>>
>>60905445
>griffin powermate
Are there any chinese ripoffs out there worth looking at?
>>
File: a.png (66KB, 780x243px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
66KB, 780x243px
>>
>>60904856
Dude you can buy a Teensy 3.2 microcontroller for like 20 bucks. Then you can program it to insert keystrokes from a button push or pretty much any sensor compatible with the microcontroller.
>>
>>60904856
Buy a chink numpad, a Pro Micro, diodes, and a soldering station eventually
Connect the columns with simple wire and the rows with diodes, everything on the PCB; if you have time to waste you can remove the PCB and use only the housing, but the PCB makes the whole thing sturdier
Connect the ends of each to the Pro Micro
Detach the USB cable to the pad's PCB and solder it on the Pro Micro
Download TMK Firmware
Configure a layout (it's pretty easy, it's C preprocessor)
Compile and flash
Done
>>
>>60908699
Obviously I meant a numpad with mechanical switches
>>
Here you go faget.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Quick-Key-Adapter-10-Button-HID-Keyboard/
>>
https://www.ultimarc.com/ipacve.html

Hook up some buttons n'shit
>>
File: 41BMPPRDVDL._SY355_.jpg (20KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
41BMPPRDVDL._SY355_.jpg
20KB, 355x355px
>Use a numpad
>Use a game controller
>Use a macro/gaming keypad
>Use a mouse
>Use this mouse

I've done them all and they all work fine, esp if all you need is 2-4 keys and know autohotkey.
>>
>>60907946
>insert
>useless

Why do I feel like I have been baited?
>>
>>60909362
Most people will never touch insert. Almost all people never touch scroll lock or pause break.
>>
>>60905445
Huh, I didn't know something like that existed. I wanted something like this to control volume, mute on press, and second knob to switch audio tracks and pause music so I made it myself from arduino and 2 encoders. Didn't cost me $35 too.
>>
>>60904856
Could you use a cheap gamepad?
>>
>>60904856

Why don't you use one of those arcade boards? Learn a bit of soldering.
>>
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/max-falcon-8-programmable-macropad-kit
Here you go
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.