[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hdmi vs dvi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

hi guys

i switched from dvi to hdmi and i noticed that hdmi sucks when displaying black colors. it's very gray and gay

switch back to dvi and the black color feels more natural

on the dvi topic who still uses dvi and can anyone confirm this
>>
>>>/sqt/
>>
hi guys

i switched from 4chan to reddit and i noticed that reddit sucks. it's very gay and gay

switch back to 4chan and the feels more natural

on the 4chan topic who still uses 4chan and can anyone confirm this
>>
>>60893911
Should have gone with DisplayPort.
>>
>>60893911
DVI and HDMI are exactly the same shit.

Check your config retard
>>
>reddit spacing
>reddit level brain
>reddit level grammar and spelling
>>
You sure you weren't using the analog signal from a vga port while on dvi? Both dvi and hdmi are digital, it either works or you get artifacts, not color accuracy loss
>>
go to your nvidia/amd control panel and switch color range from 15-235 to 0-255
>>
>>60893911
displayport > hdmi > dvi > vga
>>
>>60893930
Should have gone to spec savers
>>
>>60893948

Oh yeah I forgot about this. Especially nvidia fucks this up, set the rgb range to full instead of limited. Didn't need this when I had an amd btw.
>>
>>60893948
This. Nvidia limits color range by default.
>>
>>60893948
this

limited range a shit
>>
Doesn't HDMI have some kind of shitty lossy compression ?
>>
>>60893911
If you have to ask for confirmation then HDMI is the right choice for you.
>>
>>60893911
DVI Dual Link because with HDMI you have to pray that the ports you're going into are HDMI 2.0 (most aren't).
>>
>>60894003
For me it switches back to limited every time I update the drivers, which is fucking annoying.
>>
isn't HDMI and DVI the same thing but different connectors?
>>
>>60893948
how can i change this on linux? Im using fedora with an amd gpu
>>
>>60894031
no, the base video signal is the same for either DVI or HDMI and they can physically be adapted back and forth freely

HDMI implements support for encryption but it's lossless and most devices which aren't media players don't implement it; strippers are also like $20.

it's entirely just most hdmi displays being sold as tvs where 10-235 was the standard so most other hdmi devices default to that, while most dvi displays were sold as monitors where 0-255 was the standard so most other dvi devices default to that. only the shittiest of any of these can't be set to use the other.
>>
>>60894262
HDMI is basically DVI + audio.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.