[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Cryptographic Language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 6.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
As far as I understand it, it seems like tons of crypto algorithms end up being vulnerable to various methods (including brute force) primarily because of the fact that our languages cannot be randomly jumbled up and still expected to yield a meaningful message.

So once they start noticing that they're able to produce grammatical English then the crackers know they've got something.

But what if there was a language in which every single possible combination of letters/words/heiroglyphs/whatever produced a valid grammatically correct statement within that language.
Then brute forcing would become useless because you could never tell when you've got something. Of course they could still maybe crack it by brute forcing entire chains of conversation at once and just manually verifying if each message makes contextual sense with each other. But that would be extremely difficult, and you could probably even avoid that by just talking in codes/riddles whatever and never reusing any of the same lingo the other person uses.
>But anon, you can do that with any encryption method
Yes, but if it's a natural language that's encrypted (say English) even if you talk in a confusing way they can still know that they've got the actual transmissions you've been sending back and forth. So then all that's left to do is interpret the messages.
With the type of language I described above however they could never truly know they have the right messages and they'd always know that their interpretation of the conversation might just be them interpreting random noise and finding meaning.

Of course this wouldn't work for sending any kind of data or files, because good luck creating an image encoding format where every single possible set of data produces a visually coherent image.
But still, it could work for brute-force-proofing plain text encryption (or at least making it much much more difficult).
>>
>brings up problem
>"hey but what if there was this hypothetical method of encoding information so it would look like other information and not noise. Then we wouldn't have any problems!"
idiot
>>
>>60890420
I'm not talking about an encoding. I'm talking about creating an entire language to behave that way.

You wouldn't be able to just plug that shit in google translate, you'd have to actually sit down and learn a new language.
and it probably would be a very restrictive language too, not as expressive as natural languages are, but still.
I see no reason it isn't doable. In fact I think there's probably languages that exist today which come close.
>>
>>60890420
What the hell is even your point?

What's wrong with making noise look like information to throw red herrings at anyone trying to brute force something?
>>
so... basically One Time Pad but human does the decrypting?
>>
File: ghost_otoole.png (676KB, 417x594px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_otoole.png
676KB, 417x594px
>>60890406

>blah blah cryptographic blah blah languages blah blah hieroglyphs blah blah visually coherent image

your answer is
M E M E S
>>
>>60890649
Their point is that OP vaguely suggests a perfect solution and offers no way of finding said solution. Yes, obviously if we had such a thing it would work, anyone can see that. Good luck implementing it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.