[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making A OS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: IE.png (11KB, 386x300px) Image search: [Google]
IE.png
11KB, 386x300px
Im making my own OS, what should i name it
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
You'll never have an OS better than TempleOS, CIA nigger.
>>
AnalFistOS
>>
empty-github-repo-os
>>
ChoiceOS
>>
ima name it RubBallsOS
>>
Gentooo
>>
pooinlooOS
>>
File: 1496780681909.jpg (10KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496780681909.jpg
10KB, 240x200px
>>60889781
NiggerOS
>>
Name it Idoitbcuzicare
>>
>>60889781
You should make the os first then name it
>>
File: stallman__.jpg (35KB, 220x192px) Image search: [Google]
stallman__.jpg
35KB, 220x192px
>>60889781
Will your OS contain GNU code?
Any GNU code at all? Even the slightest bit?
>>
Genthree
>>
>>60889781
EdgyOS
>>
>>60889781
Name it 0 and use GNU software.

GNU/0
>>
>>60892210
PajeetOS
>>
SusestudiowithpedowallpaperOS
>>
>>60889781

Ging

Gentoo Is Not Gentoo
>>
>>60889781
InstallGentooOS
>>
peanutbutter
>>
>>60889781
stanford cs140 / pintos assignment 1-4
>>
Windowns
>>
McIntosh OS 天
>>
the posts right now are very low quality
>>
>>60889781
TempleOS2 - Rebirth
>>
CheeriOS
>>
Name it

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/LinuxOS
>>
File: 2017-06-14-092404_755x572_scrot.png (59KB, 755x572px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-14-092404_755x572_scrot.png
59KB, 755x572px
>>
>>60894089
Care to explain?
>>
>>60894135
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_prime
>>
Failure OS
>>
ASMOS and write everything in assembly
>>
>>60894089
>Certain numbers are illegal
>Certain frequencies are illegal
>>
File: IMG_20170528_153520.jpg (93KB, 1080x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_153520.jpg
93KB, 1080x383px
>>60894744
>>
>>60894950
>>60894744
>>60894146
>>60894089
>>60894135
I wonder if removing one character from a CP file in a text editor would render it legal?
Or if it would count as piracy if we spread encrypted software through torrents and then decrypted in locally. Technically, you're not distributing the original code that is copyrighted, are you?
>>
>>60889781
Do you need a better logo?
>>
I am also making my own OS, I've decided to use a project Codename during development and pick a real name when it's finished. That's how it's often done, look at Windows development (Chicago, Whistler, Longhorn etc.)
>>
HobOS
>>
>>60889781
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as WhatShouldINameIt?, is in fact, GNU/WhatShouldINameIt?, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus WhatShouldINameIt?. WhatShouldINameIt? is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “WhatShouldINameIt?”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a WhatShouldINameIt?, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
WhatShouldINameIt? is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. WhatShouldINameIt? is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with WhatShouldINameIt? added, or GNU/WhatShouldINameIt?. All the so-called “WhatShouldINameIt?” distributions are really distributions of GNU/WhatShouldINameIt?.
>>
>>60895294
Can you at least get it fucking right? He's asking for an OS name not a kernel name you dumbfuck. Thanks for sending me into a fit. You put in all that effort to replace the Linux kernel in the pasta with the name of the OS. FUCKING RETARD.

Gosh.
>>
>>60892642
Only came here to post this.

Make a Debian based Linux distro named Pajeet and make it ironically good.
>>
>>60895161
Should be done in the bare number of moves required to convert any file into another with simple math. That way everything is in copywrite of another thing when the system is found out.
It will be the birth of the heresy era.
>>
>>60889781
Michealsoft Binbows.
>>
>>60889781
cheeriOS
>>
Theta
>>
>>60895492
Hm, but then couldn't I, in theory, write a program to interpret any file as CP? Would that make every file CP?
>>
>>60895513
No, just means it could be if the right moves are discovered and publish. Not that anyone should say, cross reference all of Disney's works with a hardcore CP collection and distribute the math to convert those files, because it would be 'ironic' due to Disney's sexualizeation of children anyways.
Or even crossing movie's so that from Titanic you can get something from another publisher, possibly in sighting a legal move to get them to recall and change the file.
All sorts of legal shitfits really.
>>
>>60889781
u need to make logo before you think about anything else
>>
>>60895557
Shiet, I guess it also depends on the country. Still makes it harder to pursue if you need to take some steps before viewing the content
>>
NiggOS
>>
>>60895400
>Gosh.

kys you aids ridden cockmongler.
>>
>>60895574
I was thinking more-so causing copyright law to crumble... Fucking pedo's, all they can think with is their dick.
>>
>>60895607
>>60895574
>>60895557
>>60895513
>>60895492
>>60895161
Ohohohohohoh
Do it with the US constitution, for the lulz.
>>
>>60889781
"Th_" pronounced thunderscore
>>
>>60895607
Pedos are in the same boat as pirates desu senpai
Which is a pretty sad reflection on modern day copyright law...
>>
>>60895643
The irony is that they're more likely to get their hands on a pristine virgin product for the same jail time...
>>
jewOS
>>
Windows 11
>>
>>60895161
> I wonder if removing one character from a CP file in a text editor would render it legal?

Many years ago on /b/ they used to use some image encryption puzzle thing on their CP to turn it into a game of some sort. You had to figure out which functions to run on the image to make it turn back into a viewable image.
>>
>>60889781
i'll make the logo!
>>
Doors
>>
CarlOS
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.