[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arduino Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: arduino-duemilanove.jpg (1MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
arduino-duemilanove.jpg
1MB, 2000x1600px
I have a challenge for you, /g/. You've been given an Arduino Duemilanove, a bipolar stepper motor (250 steps per revolution), and a seven-segment LED. Do you think you have what it takes to create a four floor elevator that makes the elevator travel to floor 3, then 1, then 4, then 2, on an infinite loop, with the Seven Segment LED displaying the floor number?
>>
>>60887701
install gentoo
>>
is this what your assignment for tomorrow is?
>>
>>60887721 Well it's not for tomorrow ;)
>>
>>60887701
I put on my robe and ARM hat because Arduino is a 8-bit piece of shit and I've been fed up with that since the 90s.
>>
>>60887701
>Do you think you have what it takes to create a four floor elevator
Yes
>>
>>60887924
prove it
>>
>>60887701
if you want to make something lasting, you shouldn't use AVR.
You need resistors for limiting the current of the seven segment display and base/gate resistors, a pair of transistors (or transistors+relays, even easier) and that should be enough.
>>
>>60887701
Google it like everybody else fag
>>
>>60887975
We're not gonna do your homework for you bud
>>
>>60887701
just use jump tables bruh
>>
>>60888036
That's part of the challenge. Only use one resistor, and it's for the seven-segment LED
>>
>>60887701
I can do that with a bucket of relays instead of arduino
>>
>>60888052
arduino driving the stepper motor will either overheat or just release the magic smoke while trying to source enough current from it's pins.
fucking retarded.
>>
>>60887701
OP HERE TO CLARIFY:
This is not a school project or anything of that sort. I've already created the damn thing, I want to see what /g/ would have done.
>>
>>60888052
Oh and the motor is not a stepper but standard three-phase AC one
>>
>>60887701
YEP

That was my high school project but using an Intel 8051 with ASSEMBLY.

It's not that hard anon, do your homework
>>
>>60888079
Sorry then, and using an AC motor won't change the difficulty of it.

Interesting project anon, kudos
>>
File: 18vh1a.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
18vh1a.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>60887701
Come on man, don't try to make other people do your homework for you. Have fun with it and learn something. When I was in school all we had was Basic, no wood shop, and no electronics class.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.