[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speakers/Audio Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: subsetup.jpg (167KB, 992x641px) Image search: [Google]
subsetup.jpg
167KB, 992x641px
I don't see an audio equipment thread, so...

I'm in the market for my first subwoofer and I'm leaning towards the SVS SB-1000. I mostly (95%) listen to music.

How will I connect the sub to my 2-channel amp and Elac UB5 bookshelves?

Will this work or do I need an AV receiver?
>>
Wire it parallel, add a couple of 80hz crossovers before your bookshelves and set the sub to 80hz crossover.
>>
File: kjhujhkbnvhyurxrez.png (1MB, 1074x1324px) Image search: [Google]
kjhujhkbnvhyurxrez.png
1MB, 1074x1324px
>>60886852
>>
>>60886963
Wait a second

you can connect multiple set of wires/speakers to those red/black points???
>>
>>60886990
Yeah, you unscrew it and stick the wires in, then screw it back down to secure the contacts.
>>
>>60886990
My naïve reaction would be yes, but you'd lose power because there's more than 2 devices taking the signals. It would cause lower volume at least on things that don't have their own power source.
>>
>>60886990

You can but the impedance goes up, and that means less power to all speakers and that means all frequencies won't come out the way they are intended. That means bad sound quality.

A lot of plebs do it anyway, because they don't understand how hifi works. If you have a bigger amplifier, chances are you have A + B zones so you don't have to nigger rig your sound system. Though, it has to be said, whenever you buy tower speakers which have dual terminals, you are effectively nigger rigging it because those metal plates that come with the speakers are linking those two terminals together while the intention is to have them separate for bi-amping. But then again it's different since those elements are the same spec, so if you compare that to two pairs of different speakers it's not really comparable.
>>
>>60887152
There's like, literally no difference at all in the sound quality if you decide to hook up your system this way. Just use short cables with the appropriate thickness.
>>
>>60887425

There is literally no difference between using short or long cables (5ft to 30ft)
>>
>>60887692
There is.
Restistance in a long cable will make the signal worse.
Maybe not hearable to the untrained ear, will only sound weaker, which people would just fix by raising the volume a tiiiny bit.
>>
>>60887818

It won't matter a bit if you have an amplifier worth having.
>>
>>60887818
>>60887152
Zero difference, the sub is in high impedence and will not draw the power of the amp. Thats why they made this input if you don't have LFE
>>
Should I buy a subwoofer? My speakers have 6 inches mid diffuzor and the bad is good but I still wonder.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.