[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> ISP tech support one day in and i already regret it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: FALLING FOR THE WAGECUCK MEME.jpg (108KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
FALLING FOR THE WAGECUCK MEME.jpg
108KB, 759x508px
> ISP tech support

one day in and i already regret it
>>
>>60886239
Tell us all about it.
>>
Tell us your story, anon
>>
>>60886239
Do you just tell callers to reset their routers, and to wait for five minutes?
>>
>>60886239
well at least you have a job, that makes you better than 99% of /g/
>>
thats what you get for not having a top tier degree in a top ranking university. Good luck slowly and painfully climbing up the corperate ladder ;)
>>
>>60886239

helldesk is horrific, I spend most of my free time studying/collecting certs.
>>
>>60889436
I can't even get an internship anywhere. I've got A+ and N+ but they're useless since i live in a small town and i'm in Europe. I have no experience and don't even got a high school diploma.

What do i do? I tried to ask around in computer repair shops but even then no one called me. I am really desperate. What do i do?
>>
>>60890218
Are you fat and ugly?
If so, workout, wash yourself, and work on your personality. Getting a job is 10% what you know, 30% who you know, and 60% not smelling like or looking like a tub of lard.
In short, git gud faggot.
>>
>>60890218
Get high school diploma faggot
>>
File: 1383786569944.png (74KB, 312x328px) Image search: [Google]
1383786569944.png
74KB, 312x328px
>>60890290
what about the other 20%?
>>
>>60890290
I'm overweight and average. What do i do if i don't know anyone?

>>60890319
Working on it but i need to accumulate experience as fast as possible because time is ticking and i'm getting older.
>>
>>60890340
It's ok, you only need a majority of these, so like a D (60% for you Euro fags).
If you don't know anybody, you're starting behind but you can make up for it. Know your stuff and either look ok and be funny, or be an Adonis and be boring. Either way, it should take you there.
>>
>>60886239
I lasted 7 months. Then I managed to move to another client (also tech support) within the same call-centre company and I stayed there 8 years, loved it, made career, and I regretted having to quit. It does greatly depend on the client supported, also on your managers and team mates, but ISP tech support is the shittiest of the shit tier.

Advice:
- keep applying to other jobs all the time and drop this bitch in an eyeblink once you get a better offer
- until then, stick out with it and try to get the most out of it for yourself
- take internal courses, badger your manager about promotions and open positions for Tier II or whatever
- volunteer to do mentoring or whatever extra shit when there's a chance

The rotation in ISP tech support contracts is insane, it's pretty much revolving door, so opportunities to step up come up quite often.

At least be glad that dial-up and landlines are a thing of the past. Imagine having the same customer manage to unplug his landline phone with every standard troubleshooting step for his modem we told him. Imagine him calling back in and getting a different agent each time. Imagine him being exponentially more pissed off each time, to the point of a furious meltdown.

Oh, and imagine this happening with at least 6 out of 10 dialup customers, who were still at least half of all callers back then.
>>
>>60889368
nigger you can't even spell corporate correctly and you expect us to believe anything you say?
>>
>>60890218
probably because you're only applying to local jobs
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.