[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cherry MX Silent Cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: untitled1.png (155KB, 598x444px) Image search: [Google]
untitled1.png
155KB, 598x444px
Hey guys.

We're specifically dealing with the corsair Strafe RGB with silent cherry switches.

Is there any way to just remove the top of the switch to clean out the inside without removing the entire thing/soldering?
>>
No. Just throw it in the dishwasher and hang it out to dry for a couple of days and you'll be fine.
>>
>>60884052

What if no dishwasher?

It's just the M key that's messed up. Every other key is fine. Oil from a sandwich dripped onto the key and after cleaning the area I didn't realize some actually got into the switch itself.

I can't seem to turn my keyboard upside down and actuate to get any of it to come out. Unsure what else I could try.

Wouldn't I have to re-lube afterwards too?
>>
>>60884084

You could rinse it thoroughly in the sink too. Just mash the key in question as you do, to make sure it gets properly rinsed. After its dry, just test the key. If it works well you dont need to relube. I spilled beer on my keyboard once and cleaned it out line this and i didnt have to relube.
>>
>>60884022
>Is there any way to just remove the top of the switch to clean out the inside without removing the entire thing/soldering
Yes, but not on corsair keyboards.
This is how its done on a normal cherry keyboard
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyQ0M0yE2k
People have modified the keyboard to allow you to do that, but you still have to desolder the switches
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.