[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visual Basic .net

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

Try and defend this shit.

Hard mode: don't pretend .net is even remotely useful.
>>
File: ss-2017-06-13-16-30-41.png (43KB, 932x394px) Image search: [Google]
ss-2017-06-13-16-30-41.png
43KB, 932x394px
it's raising in popularity
>>
>>60882836
Jesus fucking christ this is the darkest timeline.
>>
Mono is kind or nice to be quite honest.
>>
>>60882822
I use it because the old fags here at work coded in VB6 in the goog old days and they don't want to learn C#, despite VB6 and VB.NET are two fucking different thing. it's shit and I hate it, C# is superior in every way.
>>
.net is comfy
>>
I was taught VB.net when I was in pre-university. Mastered it very quickly and manned to ace my course. I'm.l studying CS in a prestigious university. They decided to use Haskell as the starting point to teach concepts. That shift in complexity fucked me over.
>>
>>60883541
>>60883500
>>60883365

What is .NET, really? Is it a big library supported by Microsoft that has an ABI that can be used by multiple languages? So you could use .NET with C/assembly/Python/Lua/anything as long as you make the appropriate bindings? What ABI does it use? stdcall? cdecl?
>>
>>60883593
Either a runtime or a basic library, as in anything from system.net. Mono is the
>>
File: DotNet.svg.png (39KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
DotNet.svg.png
39KB, 300x400px
>>60883593
>>
>>60883703
Holy shit. How many C++s of complexity are there already?
>>
File: 1494292412765.jpg (358KB, 1919x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1494292412765.jpg
358KB, 1919x1033px
>>60882822
better
>>
>>60882822
.net is pretty fucking handy in the business world when no one cares about your autistic bullshit
>>
>>60883796
True. Unfortunately I'm not a richfag.
>>
>>60883740
They are more in the libraries and less in conflicting language features.
>>
>>60883593
A couple of standards that define a standard library and an instruction set + VM.
So many languages can be executed on this VM but not all equally well. As to be expected, multilingual VMs aren't really a thing, even looking at JVM.
Of course, the CLR (the VM) can interface with C++, however, the versatility depends on the implementation.
CLRs usually load so called assemblies, aka bytecode, that works even at runtime dynamically.
>>
>>60882822
Double indexed properties are awesome. And with event top. VB > C#
>>
>>60884441
Is this an accurate explanation?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1564348/is-the-clr-a-virtual-machine

>Of course, the CLR (the VM) can interface with C++
>however, the versatility depends on the implementation

You mean with C? And by C++ you mean this?

extern "C" { /* "C++ code" */ }

Or does MSVC define a true C++ ABI, including name mangling scheme and many other things that allow .NET interface with actual C++?
>>
>>60884441
>As to be expected, multilingual VMs aren't really a thing, even looking at JVM.
https://github.com/graalvm/graal
SOON(tm)
>>
File: VB6.png (47KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
VB6.png
47KB, 800x570px
.NET is going to be the most common way to deploy cross-platform software within 5 years probably, you should be thankful that MS is saving you from that electron shit. In regards to VB.NET in particular, it's just C# with VB syntax.

VB6 still a best, though.
>>
>>60883500
>C# is superior in every way.
C# and VB.NET are literally the same fucking language with minor syntax differences. So much so that there are simple converters which will take a project in one and spit out the other and it compiles and runs perfectly.
>>
>>60885788
Even that won't be ideally.
>>
File: shot0001.png (508KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
508KB, 480x360px
>>60882822
I'm watching Golden Boy, and came here just to post this.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.