[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pajeet contractors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

File: zeal.jpg (27KB, 301x299px) Image search: [Google]
zeal.jpg
27KB, 301x299px
Getting real tired of dealing with Pajeet contractors at work. A DBA/Developer to be specific.
One day after another I keep finding issues with the data coming out of the software his company implemented at the company I work for. All I get are excuses and half-assed incomplete solutions being implemented.

Share your horror stories working with incompetent Pajeets in IT.
>>
Oh, and doesn't have to be just incompetent Pajeets. Any incompetent people you have had to work with in IT.
>>
>>60880523
I live in India the people that come to America and Australia on H1-B don't even have the proper qualifications less than 2% can actually code that are functionally correct. Most of the companies hire them because of cheap labour.
>>
>>60881115
Companies hire them because they're cheap and they don't understand that the people they're hiring are flat out lying about every single skill they say they have.
>>
>>60881134
There were a lot of people in my Uni that cheated and went on data dump sites. They do other methods of cheating as well but since my country Uni isn't the richest they can get away with it easily.
>>
>>60880523
have to remote desktop every week or so to my chinese co-workers
first I thought setting up a chinese vm and doing a step-by-step picture guide would work
boy was I wrong

at least now we have one there who at least knows how git works
>>
>>60881115
What do all the competent pajeets do? I've literally never met one in the west. Do the good ones stay in India?
>>
>>60881243
They work for Google and Amazon
>>
>>60881243
Most good ones stay in India, but still there are more idiots than actual hard workers especially in Mumbai. I can almost guarantee that you will get a mob of IT monkeys who do jackshit in their jobs if you live in the USA, most of them are religious so they would probably be very nepotistic towards anyone not Indian and will claim its a cultural thing. I got picked on in my last job for not being Hindu
>>
>>60881243
Once meet one while doing a semester abroad in India. He studied CS and in their crazy university entrance examination was at position 120 out of a million. He did a good project for me and I can't complain.

Now works for Google in US & UK doing something with ads.
>>
>>60881115
having worked with indians in Australia all i can say is that the ones who went to school here are the competent ones. Still I hate working with them when theres more than one since they act exclusive
>>
>>60881372
I am an Indian myself most of the Indians are very religious and latch onto it as part of their identity a lot which why i think that they don't assimilate well and act exclusively.
>>
i'm a phd student working with an indian student on a research project. it's painful. half the time i feel like he's not actively thinking about what he's saying. like the logical second or third step from whatever he says is just a paradox that makes no sense.

one example: my advisor and i were asking about this website people use. he said that he doesn't know other people that use the website personally, just himself. this isn't that problematic -- it's not a community forum or anything, and it's not a prerequisite that he knows other users on this site.

so 2 minutes later we're talking about whether we should build a browser extension or some command line tools to wrap around the existing API, and i point out that power users would probably be left out if we made a browser extension because i would figure they would use the API for the site.

first words out of his mouth are "but nobody uses the API".

"what do you mean, nobody uses the API?"
"well everyone just uses the site"
"didn't you just say you don't know anyone who uses the site?"
"oh.... well, yeah, heh. but i basically don't use the API"

this doesn't seem like the kind of thinking that i would expect a phd student or better to be able to put together. a grown adult with all his brain matter intact should have been able to identify without me pointing it out that if you don't know anyone who uses a site, you arguably don't know how people use that site.

this was such a little thing, but this was just one conversation among now dozens or perhaps hundreds that felt like i was pulling teeth.
>>
>>60881417
sorry for the tl;dr i'm just losing my fucking mind having to slow walk through tediously stupid bullshit to get him on the same page.
>>
>>60881417
oh man another time i was reviewing his commits and he pushed his laptop username and password. i pointed it out and told him that this was not good as politely as i could, by saying that this is just bad because it breaks other users' builds but also he might not want his password floating around in the git history, and he replied to the review with something like "oh it's okay the password's not there"

except it was a URI with the whole username:password@host:port etc... schema. like you don't have to be a fucking rocket scientist to figure this out. so now i closely guard my AWS credentials and shit because evidently i can't trust him to ensure he'll keep them out of tracked files when he commits and pushes code.

oh and that night at like 1am he messaged the group on slack (at the time just my advisor and me) to ask for admin controls to the github org of our broader research group (~200 people, quite a few leftover alumni and stuff so maybe more like ~30 active members at a given time) so he could do something nebulous that we couldn't articulate.

in retrospect i'm glad he didn't ask me in person, because i would've fucking yelled at him that he's completely lost his mind if he thinks i'm going to give him an admin role. for one thing, like 5 people have admin roles and 3 of those people are the advisors in our broader research group. and none of the 5 commit their login credentials to git repositories.
>>
>>60881417
>>60881428
have a word with your advisor, sounds horrid
>>
>>60881348
>>60881410

The religious thing is fucking annoying. There is nothing more annoying than starting a contract and having to work with someone who does NOTHING but try to force their religion on you. I don't know if in India they think all Americans are looking for salvation or something but that's how they act. On the bright side, Indian food is amazing and some of the humor is funny.
>>
>>60882112
>Has a word with advisor
>He gets expelled for being an evil racist
>>
File: IMG_4395.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4395.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Deal with a half dozen pubjabis automation testers that are responsible for taking my domestic web app and testing it.
These faggots waste day after day with simple technical roadblocks such as "can't access ftp site' or 'source control seems to be down', with no such occurrence or complaint with anyone else.
The local test manager is from the same village so he has an unnatural affinity towards them. For the price of 6 shitheads, we could've hired 1 component American.
It kills me on the inside.
MBA logic.
>>
Lot of my friends applied for PhD and got accepted. The statement of purpose and CV was full of this language that language blah blah but I want to point out that these fags wrote 'LaTeX' as a skill. I think its pretty ironic that all those documents were written in officeâ„¢ and in a very poor way. They didn't even bother to properly format spacing and so on or just copy a template. Guess what? They got accepted.
Bame your department for hiring them lmao.
>>
>>60882258
not a suprise i guess, unis here are pretty shit with this forced diversity stuff. I have to do this aboriginal course as part of my degree, every degree has to do it to. Sure its online but still...
>>
>>60882400
>I have to do this aboriginal course as part of my degree
>every degree has to do it to
>Sure its online but still...

Holy shit, it keeps getting worse.
>>
>>60883192
desu i cant even remember anything from it. Its a joke really since its a pass/ fail thing with no proper grading and you can retake the test 3 times i think
>>
>have an indian in my programming class
>he does fuck all in the previous semesters project because it didn't interest him. (it was a serious app instead of a game)
>doing final project now
>it's a pretty good local multiplayer game (think gang beasts with puzzles)

>he did 4 hours worth of camera behaviour and has gone AWOL again in week 3

Every time.
>>
File: 4lights.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
4lights.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
First year CS, databases, postsgresql.
Pajeet (phd? I think, but do not hope) teacher pet comes to check our assingment.
We had to write a short report (1-2 pages) answering some questions.
Bachelor, so had to be in Dutch, Pajeet: no speak Dutch(how he said it).
First assignment went okay, awkward english jadajada, but doable.
Second assignment we did our report in english, as did all the groups who got Pajeet assigned.
>Majority of groups had a native dutch Master/Phd student check their assignments and it went like: *reads through report, asks some questions, can verbally correct if faulty and so on*

We almost failed because we spend 2 afternoons (12.00-17.00) answering the Pajeet question: "What can You tell about time?"
It was about optimizing queries in different ways and he asked the question on a rewritten query.
We explained how we optimized it, how much time we saved in orders amount of time.
>Yes, but what can You tell me about time?
We did didn't we, what would you like to know?
>How is the time
Ehm, *empty cache* here is the ms it takes over the original? Or is our order calculation wrong?
>No time, what can you tell me about it?
etc.
Second afternoon, we were with 2 other groups stuck on this, asked the other groups what they had. Same query, same answer, they never got a question about it because it really was that simple.
>No You don't understand, how is the time, can you tell me about that?
We made schematics, query transition(don't know if that's the correct term, long time ago) tables, everything.
>*Looks again at answer* What does this mean about time?
That's the order of time our optimized query takes.
>Yes, but what does that tell me about time...
Finally it reaches 16:30 on the final day for this assignment. I sigh "We don't know what you mean with telling you about time, I will go ask the teacher.
>*Pajeet squints his eyes* No is okay, it not really important you know, just.... curious.
Still don't know what he meant by time.
>>
>>60880523
Why doesn't the company your work for contract eastern yuros instead?
>>
i have a useless bangladeshi pajeeta in my group... it's so god damn frustrating, every single day i don't even know if she is understanding a single thing that i'm saying. she always furiously nods and says "yes, yes, oh yes, yes" when i ask if she understands. i ask her to tell me what she's going to do and it's always something like "i am going to work the data". every time the prof asks her to do anything (he also knows how retarded she is), her literal first action is to "set up a meeting" with me so that i can "show her how to do it" (i.e. do it for her while she furiously takes pictures with her phone of everything i type).

i almost lost patience with her because she tried to pull this "set up a meeting bullshit" 5 minutes after i told her i was travelling to another city for a workshop. i basically just said "i already told you i'm not in the city, i'm not setting up another meeting". she basically broke down into this pathetic barrage of "i'm sorry, so sorry, so so very very sorry" and like bowing and shit.

it made me realize she has probably made it this far by being completely carried by other people and just behaving like a pathetic begging child when she is losing the last little bit of her grasp on the situation. i told my friend i was going to give her the worst possible mark in our group evaluation and he said that i was "being a dick" because it's likely she wil fail the course and have to go back to bangladseh. for fucks sake, someone needs to put a stop to this ridiculous charade of hers, it's unsustainable and will only cause damage to her and everyone around her the longer it goes on
>>
File: PUPPIES_animals-1509196_1280.jpg (218KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
PUPPIES_animals-1509196_1280.jpg
218KB, 1280x853px
>>60884848
i-is she cute?
>>
>>60884890

no she is short and fat

my other group member is from nigeria. slightly less dumb but still pretty much useless. at least he'll tell me when he doesn't understand (which is often) something. which i can't fucking believe is actually in the "positive" column.

i can't shit on nigerians though because another classmate is nigerian and arguably one of the hardest-working, intelligent problem-solvers in the class. it's an absolute delight to work with him, his only problem is that sometimes he overcomplicates issues by getting tunnel-visioned on extremely elaborate fixes to benign problems
>>
>>60884848
>she wil fail the course and have to go back to bangladseh.
SEND EM BACK
>>
>>60884934

it's fucking retarded because i know that there are bangleshi/indian/pakistani people that are fucking smart and deserve to study in the west at the best universities in the world. but they get lost in a sea of walking POOINLOO stereotypes that ruin it for the rest of them.

the thing is im not really concerned that they're going to "TAKE MUH JERBS" because there's no way they can last a week at a real company. but it actually does bother me, the thought that there is so much potential being squandered from these countries because of the stereotypes that are being so firmly established
>>
Literally all chinese and indian guys ive met in the IT industry lied their teeth out on their resume and couldnt program ANYTHING without a clear step by step tutorial. Now when i interview for a job, if i see chineses and pajeets i bomb the interview.
>>
>>60884924
>another classmate is nigerian and arguably one of the hardest-working

Igbo?
>>
>lowly code monkey talking shit aboht DBA

I hope he rapes your asshole faggot. 100% of you would eviscerate a perfectly good relational design if given the chance. You people think your shitty ORMs are the driving force behind the application when you're nothing but monkeys that we have to say "no" to everytime you try to rig some brain-damaged code to the database.
>>
>>60884588
he means the fucking weather dumbass
he was trying to make small talk
>>
File: _0-3t7Dvueo.jpg (68KB, 960x537px) Image search: [Google]
_0-3t7Dvueo.jpg
68KB, 960x537px
>>60880523
Get a Ukrainian/Russian/Polish contractor
They are not fucking retarded, but aren't expensive.
>>
>>60885549

do you mean this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people
>>
File: TomBombadil.gif (702KB, 245x155px) Image search: [Google]
TomBombadil.gif
702KB, 245x155px
>>60886022
Would have made sense if he didn't hold back 3 groups with that question, pointing at the assignment and the screen.
>>
>>60882349
Welp, dickhead, ask them to do the needful and have them tracert the source control or ftp site next time.
>>
>>60882400
what shit uni do you go to?
>>
>>60884848
>she furiously takes pictures
why would you do that when phones today can just record everything in video
>>
>>60884706
We have them as well - they usually get hired as infrastructure architects and they are really good at their job.
>>
OP here.
The latest excuse I have received goes along the lines of:

>please ignore initial file i sent
>do validation on second file i uploaded because first file was not uploaded

the thing is
>the initial file contained a fix for all corrupted records
>the second file that was uploaded did not contain all the records in the initial file that required to be fixed - only about 70%

now i'm waiting for a response about the 30% that haven't been fixed. this is the longest i've had to wait for a response. i know he knows he missed it and was trying to divert my testing to only what he ended up fixing - not all that required fixing
>>
>>60886053
the euro contractors/FTEs we have are great desu but they usually aren't in developer roles.

>>60882168
I love Indian food
>>
File: 1496806838411.jpg (75KB, 664x675px) Image search: [Google]
1496806838411.jpg
75KB, 664x675px
If outsourced work really is as bad as everyone says, I feel like with my pure bred white american intelligence and work ethic I should have no trouble getting instantaneously fucking promoted and move up the food chain to six figure salaries the second after I graduate my bachelor degree program.
>>
>>60881417
>half the time i feel like he's not actively thinking about what he's saying. like the logical second or third step from whatever he says is just a paradox that makes no sense.

iktf
>>
I'm a university lecturer. Can anyone in this thread tell me why Indians always fucking cheat?
>>
>>60881243
I work for a big Bay Area tech company, we have tons of pajeets but they're all good.
>>
>>60884924
Where do you go to school that you only have brown or black people in your classes? Sounds like the seventh-circle of he'll.
>>
>>60884848
>she wil fail the course and have to go back to bangladseh.
Not your problem buddy.
>>
>>60885962
Spotted the pajeet
>>
Heard about some pajeet Dba contractors saying such and such remote office is too far for the encryption to travel. I don't think they believed this bullshit, but I think they thought others would stupid enough to believe it.
>>
>>60889686
I went to a community college in Silver Spring, MD where most of my classmates were African immigrants who spoke little english.
>>
File: poo.jpg (13KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
poo.jpg
13KB, 235x214px
>>60885962
here is an example of a poo in loo you do not want to be contracted to your company
>>
File: Pointy-Haired_Boss.jpg (7KB, 196x204px) Image search: [Google]
Pointy-Haired_Boss.jpg
7KB, 196x204px
>>60889147
Let me introduce you to the flaw in your theory.
>>
Has anyone ever worked with poor programmers for fanmade projects? Or you just looked at their code and barfed your Bill Gates out?
>>
>>60885962
For some reason every DBA I have dealt with has this entitled attitude. They always point the finger at someone else.
>>
>>60880523
>Share your horror stories working with incompetent Pajeets in IT.
Once did a $10k project to build a native desktop app for a guy.

This was AFTER he paid a pajeet firm $100k to deliver him a code base which never even compiled. He was pretty bummed when I told him I wouldn't work with the pajeet code he had because it was that bad. Then over joyed when I bid 1/10th what pajeet fucked him over for.

There was a strong temptation to fuck him in the ass. But I try to be honest and it just wasn't that difficult of an application. I can't tell if pajeet really fucked the project up that bad, or if they suckered him good, but I didn't even sub any of the work to anyone else. Just did it myself.
>>
>ITT:pushover cucks
you fuckboys are talking mad shit on the keyboard, but NONE of you will voice your opinions in the real world. That is because you're spineless pushovers.

Pajeet probably does a shitty job because he knows you will just pick up the slack like a bitch.
>>
>>60889517
Because they don't give a fuck about actually learning, they only want to get the degree and then be shoveled into a company to fill a diversity quota.
>>
>>60890188
>That is because you're spineless pushovers.

its more because voicing a wrong opinion means you will be completely blacklisted from this industry
>>
>>60890277
>"hey this guy isn't doing his job"
that's literally all you need to do. don't be a dick or act like a little bitch when you tell them that though
>>
>>60889147

Go work for one of the US based firms that do nothing but unfuck what pajeet did.
>>
>>60890063
I've met some great dbas. None of them were pajeet.
>>
>>60885962
>good design
>bad data
>code monkeys fault the db is structured well but the data is incorrect
>>
>>60889980
Damn that's the shittiest version of MC. Best of luck.
>>
>>60890011
underrated post
>>
>>60890063
It's because they're responsible for the most valuable resource of the business: the data they generated through years of operation. Developers have no idea how relational databases work and they insist on forcing their ridiculous object model crap. You people can get fucked.
>>
>>60892321
Anon (Pajeet), OPs issue is that the data is incorrect and nothing to do with "forcing object model crap". Data validation is failing but the dba is doing a poor job fixing it.
Pls tell your people to poo in the loo.
>>
>>60892321
Topkek. Typical Pajeet attitude when flaws are pointed out in his work and refuses to fix. "end user error"
>>
>>60892321
>incorrect data
>valuable
mfw
>>
>>60892321
lel. you don't need to know how RDBMs works to understand that the data is wrong.
>>
>>60890081
you were thinking of charging 15k for the work, he tels you sad story, you charge 10k for 15k worth work load, good job!
>>
>>60881348
>so they would probably be very nepotistic towards anyone not Indian

Racism is different from nepotism. Also, Indians worship white skin. They aren't trying to convert you to hindu because they are trying to be annoying, but because if they succeed they will be revered by their fellow pajeets for making their religion more white. Notice you don't see them trying to convert spics or nignogs often.
>>
>>60884848
>she basically broke down into this pathetic barrage of "i'm sorry, so sorry, so so very very sorry" and like bowing and shit.

Sounds like good wife material desu.

>>60888558
Girls are dumb and will wait until their phone is almost dead before recharging it. I have to remind me gf all the time that she can use my car charger instead of waiting until it's 10% and she starts panicking about finding a place to charge it.
>>
>>60889517
In most places of the world cheating is not a big issue. This includes China, India, and the middle east. Their culture is just different, which is a way of saying that success where they are from is based more so on lineage than actual talent/skill. Not to say they all cheat, but the ones that don't cheat are just worried about being expelled not that they actually think it is wrong.
>>
>>60890393
Just make sure you have convincing arguments.
I've seen so many people bitch about the fact that the guys in the office next to them were slacking/doing a bad job.
>>
>>60881417
Universities: Giving phd's to functionally retarded browns since SJW's started campaigning against rational opinions.
>>
I have Chinese outsourced staff and they're actually pretty good but unless you explicitly describe what you want you can forget about it being done right. Offshore staff lack any critical thinking.
>>
In my experience, all pajeets care about is that they completed their work, not that they did it right. They will try to hide their bugs/errors hoping no one will find it. And when it's found by another team they act all surprised. They will fix what you found but not fix the root cause. So you end up in an never ending loop of raising tickets and waiting for solutions to be implemented.
>>
Stay strong white amigos , people here value hard work over actual intelligence. So many idiots pass through our best colleges . Plus most of us Indians are idiots and have a very poor work ethic .
>>
>>60880523
>be in college
>all the Indian students get really high marks on every test and assignment
>probably all have higher than 4.0 GPAs
>think Wow the school must have got some of the smartest people from India

>fast forward a couple semesters

>find out from a friend that they've been getting copies of all the completed assignments and marked tests from the previous classes
>professors too lazy to write new tests every semester
>>
>>60889517
Same reason Chinese cheat in class. Success is more important than competence.

For these people, "it's not what you know, it's who you know." This is probably because only a few hundred years ago, these Asian societies were recovering from feudalism where class is everything.
>>
File: sweetreleaseofdeath.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
sweetreleaseofdeath.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>>60894386
>>
>>60881243
slave labor in gulf.
>>
>>60894375
>Plus most of us Indians are idiots and have a very poor work ethic
Tell me about it. Unfortunately the risk/benefits weigh in favour of outsourcing to pajeets. Things might take longer to get completed but the money saved by outsourcing looks better in accounting reports.
>>
>>60894387
that's true for southern europe and eastern europe too.
>>
>>60889980
Woah I did my bachelor of CS in University of Maryland few years back and stayed in Greenbelt.It's literally just a few minutes drive to your place.

Why didn't you apply to study there dude? there's so many good facilities and the CS culture there is really good
>>
When I was in uni I had a group project of five people where we had to work as a team to build something for a client (different challenges would mean every team had a different deliverable so we couldn't share any work). We ended up having to return a stock control system written in JAVA.

The team was me, my two white housemates, an Asian guy and an Indian guy. They Indian guy just did whatever he felt like doing and the Asian guy did nothing until two days before it was due when he emailed us asking to help even though it was already submitted.

We had to document all the emails and minutes for every meeting to include with the final report, then on the proforma we gave them both 0% and they both failed the class and blamed us. The uni said we were in the right and they had to resit the unit in the summer.

tl;dr stand your fucking ground and be mature. Do the hard work, then go above to make sure your ass is totally safe when you fail to "work as a team".
>>
>>60881417
Got one worker here. He was black we called him Mr Omar because he looked like Omar from everyone hate Chris.
Doing a electrical grid project with arcgis. The guy stated he knew the platform.

On practice the guy didn't basic programing shit. He needed a table so I asked him to generate the SQL and send me for running since we control it. Guy wronged Oracle basic statements 3 times I yelled just fucking use Google.
A work that should be done in 8 hours he took 3 weeks and not working.

All he done is telling how he liked cookies. In the end the fellow said he wasn't accostumed programming backcode because he apparently is an angular specialist in his own words.
Finally we fired him, he was so upset he gone out kick everything.
>>
>>60892321
As a DBA, it's YOUR job to write coherent constraints and integrity checks to prevent someone else from being capable of corrupting your relational baby.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.