[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the OSI model just bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: osi-model-layers.jpg (29KB, 638x357px) Image search: [Google]
osi-model-layers.jpg
29KB, 638x357px
Application layer: OS/Software that the user operates.
Presentation (Encryption): OS/Software that is scrambling the data.
Session: OS/Software that is determines the rules of transmission
Transport: More OS/Software that determines the rules of transmission.
Network: More OS/Software that determines the rules of transmission
Data link: This is just a MAC address....
Physical: Wires

What is the point of all this? It's either details about the data, or the hardware carrying the data. We really don't need 7 layers for this.It could easily be two. Data & Hardware. All this is, is more redundant, convoluted technical garbage, that will never be useful in a million lifetimes.
>>
are you retarded
>>
>>60880045
do you legal guardians know what you are doing ? i'm sure people with your level of stupidity aren't allow to use a computer on their own
>>
>>60880045
>t. comp sci student 1st year
>>
>>60880045
Cuckputer "Scientist" ladies and gentlemen. Don't you have a website or some fart app to make?
>>
>>60880045
look guys, a retard
>>
>>60880045
I recommend you start debugging in layer 1: that is bashing your head repeatedly against the wall with ever increasing power.

Its more useful than you think.
>>
>>60880045
yeah you'll likely never use this.

but someone might and it works for them!
that's how it works
>>
>>60880045
Okay, let's suppose you're not baiting.

OSI model was written a long time ago, but it is still relevant today. It's only that "Predentation layer" and "Session layer" became a part of the Application and Transport layer, in a way. So in reality you have only five layers:
- Application layer (this is what you write in your python scripts)
- Transport layer (TCP or UDP - it makes sure that data goes to the right place)
- Network layer (IP - gives directions to the datagrams travelling through the internet)
- Data Link Layer (protocols that data to be transmissed from one - GASP! - link to another)
- Physical Layer (yeah basically wires, glass fibres, radio signal etc everything that physically makes data floooowww)

Now stop being a fag and read Kurose. Post a throwaway email if you need a pdf copy (100% legal I guarantee)
>>
>>60880521
shuddup freshmen
>>>/s/ummer
>>
>>60880045
Please go back to /v/.
>>
>>60880714
Lol impressive how oldfags hate it when newbs are learning.
Fearing that your "special skill" will not be that impressive when newbs-of-today surpass you? :^)
>>
>>60880045
Although you're baiting, the one problem with OSI is that ISPs think they should do more than layer 3. I want this to stop.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.