[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is edx harvard cs50 a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: harvrd.png (5KB, 200x101px) Image search: [Google]
harvrd.png
5KB, 200x101px
https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x

Good amount of people on /g/ says comp sci degree is meme
free edx CompSci cs50 course is a meme

Where to go for a full computer science education free ?
>>
india
>>
Great course. Gets you started on C, by week 6 you're doing python and then writing software that interacts with APIs
>>
>>60878999
whats the cert at the end worth in the industry?
>>
>>60879219
>>>60878999 (OP)
>whats the cert at the end worth in the industry?

cert means nothing , a build up of strong personal portfolio work > degree

so if the quality of education is taught better, the more correlative it will set you on a speedy smooth path
>>
>>60879287
>build up of strong personal portfolio work

how do? is there a way to cheat at this?
>>
>>60879295
>go to github
>find cool project
>copy paste into your own directory
>???
>profit
>>
>>60879295
I mean you could just steal peoples open source stuff and stick it on your own github but any job you get with something like you're going to lose and if you're even extremely shitty they might sue you for wasting their time and money depending on which state you live in. also you'll forfeit a lot of legal rights if you're hired based on falsified information.
>>
>>60879329
>impliying recruiters even look at your github

at this point i think they just see you have code and thats it
>>
>>60879163
Fpbp
>>
>>60879329
you could always say "I was trying to fork it, I just didn't know how git works"
>>
>>60879287
>cert means nothing , a build up of strong personal portfolio work > degree
I disagree with this. I don't know about certs, but degrees are important

Someone fresh out of university is a temporarily liability.
A self taught person is a permanent liability.

Of course none of this matters if you want to do webdev, which is basically the burger flipping of the IT world.
>>
>>60880942
>doesn't know how git works

Why would they hire you in that case... Jesus /g/
>>
It's terrible, use this :
https://teachyourselfcs.com
https://functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.