[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubuntu Desktop GNOME Extensions Poll Results

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ubuntu-logo.png (4KB, 758x171px) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu-logo.png
4KB, 758x171px
https://insights.ubuntu.com/2017/06/12/ubuntu-desktop-gnome-extensions-poll-results/

The Ubuntu Desktop GNOME Extensions Poll has closed and the results are in. Canonical hosted this poll to ask existing users and potential users what they would like to see in the new Ubuntu as well as things they would like changed. The results from the poll are not finale, but we can conclude that the new Ubuntu will likely have

1. Dash to Dock
2. Better Volume Indicator
3. Top Icons Plus
4. Alternate Tab
5. Applications Menu
6. Impatience
7. Windows controls on the right

Decisions have not been made and the things listed may not make it into the final version of Ubuntu, but these will be the likely additions and changes.
>>
You can try out the current state of the new Ubuntu experience here http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/pending/
>>
>>60878793
What will happen to the Ubuntu Gnome community project once Canonical goes back to using Gnome?
>>
>>60878793
Canonical is fucking stupid. Unity is better than Gnome.
>>
>>60878831
iirc they're stopping the project.
>>60878867
Unity doesn't support Wayland and hasn't really been updated much in years since Canonical was focusing on Unity 8.
>>
>>60878878
that's sad, they're pretty good at maintaining a project... unlike another group
>>
>>60878923
Which group?
>>
>>60878923
I hope you don't mean Canonical.
>>
>>60878878
wayland is a meme
>>
>>60878940
I hope so too. Last I checked they did a pretty good job maintaining Ubuntu.
>>
File: Maximum overbait.gif (86KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum overbait.gif
86KB, 200x200px
>>60878944
>>
>>60878944
NICE ONE
>>
>window controls on the right
But you don't need an extension to do that
>>
>>60878878
I was under the impression the teams would be working together on this next version?
>>
Aren't you that fat faggot that posted these stupid threads about solus every day?
>>
>>60878831

Project will be ended, some of the people involved will join the Canonical team. Also, there will probably be a new Ubuntu Unity flavor.
>>
>>60878793
yay
except for the applications menu which is useless
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.