[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firefox builds thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Let's post the build you know of, include information about it.
>> Cyberfox
> comes with CTE (classic theme restorer)
> has a build for AMD/Intel separately
> it's fast as fuck
> very solid build, no bullshit
> it will die soon (EOL announced) ( https://8pecxstudios.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1756 )

>> Palemoon
> made by a furry
> back in Firefox v3 or so it was faster than stock Mozilla builds
> today it is years behind the original version
> the furry is slowly backporting official patches into his rebranded browser
> tl;dr: it's popular, but an absolute turd

>> Waterfox
> originally it was about having a 64-bit build
> now it's basically a vanilla Firefox with a few small tweaks
> as of today, it removes some tinfoil-hat level stuff, and cripple the browser (EME removal)

Post the builds you know.
I also saw a build by some Japanese guy, but can't recall the name of it.
>>
>>60867307
Palemoon uses an old version of firefox because it wants go go and do it's own thing. Really even some of its features are newer than firefox's
>>
>>60868404
> click here to find out how one furfag outsmarted 500 developers and basically you are fucking stupid
No.
I am sorry I refuse to believe a single man could single-handedly write fork Firefox and "make it more advanced than Firefox itself". Best he can do is import patches left and right and claim it's better than Firefox itself.

I call bs.
>>
keep your shit in 1 thread
>>60856834
>>60852168
>>
>>60869299
I didn't make that thread, fuckhead.
>>
>>60867307
I use cyberfox, but will soon switch to chromium, since I can't find a decent Firefox. Which feels like shit, since I've been with FF for more than a decade
>>
>>60867307
How do I make a girl like this my gf?
>>
>>60870020
It's easier to just get a girl and dress her up.
> get together with gf
> she starts streaming
> some dude pays her 150$ for wig and dress

So now she has an Ahri dress and similar wig.

>>60869955
After seeing that Cyberfox is dying, I get the same feel. Except I am now on Chrome, and wanted something less of a memory hog.
>>
>>60867307
>Current Firefox
>One tab open
>1 gigabyte memory used

Has Firefox gone too far?
>>
>>60870205
Yeah this is the new "multiprocess architecture" it essentially doubled my FF ram usage without giving ANY performance benefit whatsoever.

They argue it is supposed to make your browser more resilient...but I don't know. If my tab crashes, my work is done for. So why should I care?

tl;dr: I think the multiprocess they enabled now is dogshit and they should have concentrated on integrating Servo components that would really give more speed.
>>
>>60870243
btw I thought about this. imo they could have simply swapped out the render engine and kept Pocket and whatnot. Firefox Sync, etc.
keeping the Mozilla and Firefox brand alive, you know.
this would have resulted in a low-cost yet modern Firefox (essentially a copycat of Chrome), which would have lasted until they finish up Servo.

I mean, they now dropped XUL and there are only WebExtensions. So what the fuck.
It's the worst path they could have gone down.
>>
>>60870020
you could also visit cons, you might get lucky.
>>
>>60869699
browse before starting a new thread, turd
>>
>>60867307
Firefox ESR
>stable
>fast
>not cutting edge bullshit like a new UI that nobody wants
>it doesn't depend from some external devs that might drop the project

it's like using debian stable, but not 200 years old
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.