[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Presentations software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: nextlevel.jpg (38KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
nextlevel.jpg
38KB, 600x482px
Can you reccomend some good presentation software that's free and doesnt require me to be online.
>>
>>60866666
Latex + beamer.
>>
>>60866687
After reading about it, you basicly tag text (Like in HTML), instead of usign a GUI. But how well does it work in practice?
>>
>>60866790
If you're working alone or with an experienced team, pretty well. If you're dragging msoffice or openofficefags into this, you will have a bad time.
>>
>>60866803

>Be me
>Study design
>macfags with adobe addiction
>pantonne is our god savior
>pinterest = wiki for middle school reports
>you get the idea
>writing stuff for report to be pasted in illustrator
>time to show muh skills
>open latex
>what is that anon, you got a virus?
>why your msword looks weird

Not OP btw
>>
>>60866803
Well thanks for the recommendation.
final question, will this work on sublime text3?
>>
emacs + org-present
>>
>>60866790
It is a purely text based system, so you can use whatever editor you prefer.
Personally, I use kile.
Kile has graphical tools if you like those, clicking on them just inserts text into the file, so it is basically just to help you along.

As for writing a presentation in beamer, there is two parts, the setup and the content.
The setup can be a bit overwhelming at first, so try to not think about this.

A quick beamer document could look like this:
\documentclass{beamer}

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{default}

\begin{document}

\end{document}

The syntax is simple:
\ starts interpretation of the word, {} encloses arguments [] encloses options.
the line
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

is a good example.
You call the usepackage function which includes a package.
The package is called inputenc which lets you control the text encoding, you use the option utf8.

I always include a couple more packages
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{multimedia}
\usepackage{tikz}
\usetikzlibrary{positioning}

Then I can insert pictures, movie clips or draw stuff.

The content is fairly straight forward.
Your slides are called frames.
Here is a frame with a picture and a frame with a video clip:
\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Overview}
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=1\linewidth,height=0.75\textheight,keepaspectratio]{graphics/sketch}
\end{center}
\end{frame}

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Tracking}
\begin{center}
\movie[width=0.9\textwidth, height=0.8\textheight, autostart, loop, poster]{}{vids/video.mp4}
\end{center}
\end{frame}

As you can see, the syntax is fairly forgiving.
>>
>>60866954
forgot, to get the presentation, you can run
pdflatex presentation.tex

and it will create a presentation.pdf and a bunch of files you don't really need.
The extra files make compilation faster when you do it multiple times and allow you to reference things that has not been generated yet without going back.
kile can be set to automatically delete these files when you close the editor, I don't know about sublime.
>>
>>60866989
thank you for the information, it is very helpful.
>>
>>60866954
Woah do people really do this when they can just torrent Powerpoint?
>>
>>60867225
Do what?
Most of what that is written in a snippet, so you basically just write the filename of the thing you want to include.
You basically set it up once and then you can focus on the content of your presentation.

The price of powerpoint is not really the issue.
Powerpoint introduces a ton of features that is directly bad for the presentation.
I would like to challenge you to find a feature in powerpoint you need that isn't as easy or easier with latex.
>>
>>60866666
Keynote.
>>
>>60867302
How is it? I have it installed but never did actual work on it. Does it suck or is it just as ok-ish as PowerPoint?
>>
>>60866954
thank you kind anon
>>
>>60866908
It will work on any text editor but you'll need separate (command line) tools to compile to pdf, obviously.
>>
>>60866666
quints satan newfag
>>
>>60867418
Keynote is a lot better than PowerPoint.
>>
notepad++ + F11
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.