[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubuntu can suck my ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1497068260102.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497068260102.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>decide to install Ubuntu on my computer
>install goes without a hitch, for the most part
>get to this part that asks me if I want to install updates connected to the Internet
>sure, sounds cool
>type wifi pass, just sits there and does the motion of connecting for awhile before saying disconnected
>try a few more times, get frustrated
>decode to look up the problem
>find that a lot of people are having trouble with 17.0.4
>something about a weird bug where the address keeps changing constantly, interfering with connecting to the Internet
>fine, whatever
>read how to fix it
>have to run a package in the console
> gksu genital /ect/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
>unable to locate package
>fuck me
>look online, says that if I don't have the package installed I gotta go online and download it
>...
>F U C K

so now I'm basically stuck with a computer that can't do shit and can't connect to the Internet because it has a big that needs to be fixed using a package that you can get off the Internet
>>
File: costanza.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>60863528
>using wifi
>>
>>60863528
>falling for the lunix meme
lmao retard
>>
>>60863528
get ethernet and get the package.
>>
>>60863608
Not using a router, I use an older phone with unlimited data
>>
>>60863636

old enough that there's no tethering?
>>
Of here, I went next door to bother my landlord to use her computer for a second. Downloaded 16.0.4 this time, went to my computer and booted it up, works like a charm.

So I suppose I'm hindsight I'd say it's still super unprofessional to release a distro like Ubuntu and still have an obvious major bug. Ridiculous. Anyway it's all Gucci now and I'm loving the new OS
>>
>>60863993
Put the link of the explanation, I am facing issues with a Linksys 1200ac with dd-wrt which I don't have in windows and looks the same as you.
>>
>>60863993
The recommended versions are always the LTS ones. Using intermediate versions is like being an insider.
>>
>>60864072
https://askubuntu.com/questions/902992/ubuntu-gnome-17-04-wi-fi-not-working-mac-address-keeps-changing/905019#905019

This is what I was using to troubleshoot it. Hope it works for you
>>
>>60863528
Good. Keep away from Linux and preferably from /g/ too.
>>
>>60864109
Thank you, I'll give it a try.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.