[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEVER trust American CRYPTOGRAPHY!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1494712321126.png (129KB, 629x902px) Image search: [Google]
1494712321126.png
129KB, 629x902px
You cannot trust anything that can be dismantled with a single NSL.
>>
Yeah. I'm going to trust the Russian Facebook guy that had his website(VK) turn into the Russian spying social network. What's next? I'm going to trust the zuck to provide me with a messaging application that has end to end encryption and is truly not backdoored?
>>
>>60863334
russian companies are more trustworthy than american companies.
>>
>>60863342
Yeah... All those Russian companies like those oil companies and those... uh... aerospace companies. and uh.... uh......................................................
>>
>>60863314
You mean "never trust closed-source crypto". Many hashing algorithms were developed by letter agencies; the reason they're adopted by all is because the specs are known. Why would you use anything you or others cannot verify yourself?
>>
>>60863342
>more trustworthy

I think you mean, "I don't live in Russia and am not generally a person of interest, and so it's less likely the Russian government/companies will give a shit about spying on me, so they won't aim their more-limited-than-the-US's-resources at trying to get my information". They're pretty close in effect.
>>
>>60863314
>Not using open-source crypto.
Are you fucking retarded? I think so.
>>
>>60863360
There's closed sourced crypto that's vetted by independent (and trustworthy) sources.
>>
>>60863314
>yfw printers are using MY YELLOW INK to rat me out to the govt
>>
>not using free as in freedom crypto
I seriously hope you don't do this
>>
>>60863387
Sure. But we also know, due to Snowden leaks, that NSA spends $100s of millions per year on weakening crypto and inserting holes into commercial software.
>>
>>60863465
>Are you fucking retarded? I think so.
nearly impossible to do on a phone. even if some app (like Signal) is open source, you cannot trust that the app that you install is the one directly from the source.

On computers it's different.
>>
>>60863618
Don't use a phone? Phones are fucking botnet anyway.
You should only be using a burner phone paid for in cash and pay as you go, which you change at least monthly.
>>
>>60863618
>he uses a smartphone
Enjoy carrying around a device that tracks your movement and can also listen to you at all times.
>>
>>60863314
This Pavel Durov guy seems to be trying really hard to scare people away from using certain chat applications.

I wonder why.
>>
>>60863618
>you cannot trust that the app that you install is the one directly from the source.
You can compile it yourself and run checksums on it. The certificate process required for uploading to Play Store doesn't affect the application checksum as it is placed on the container, not the data.

You think people don't check these things?
>>
>>60863501
>not using a gnu-certified printer
>>
>>60863663
Because he cares about privacy? Hehe.
>>
>Not using Wire
wire.com
>>
>>60863719
>not giving a one time pad to someone in person on paper which they memorize and theb burn after which they tie a message to a bird and send it to you

pleb
>>
>>60863746
Everybody knows the US government uses the HAARP project to mind control birds to manipulate their delivery routes.
>>
>>60863793
Oh fugg, they got my recipe for chocolate malt layer cake? So, that's how Christina Tosi got it?!
>>
>>60863681
This. Just compile, checksum, then side load. More difficult to do on the iphone though.
>>
>>60863334
To be fair he was kicked out of his own platform precisely because he wanted privacy and security despite Kremlin's wishes. He's lucky to be alive.
That said I still don't understand telegram's business model and server is central+closed source. Riot is my only option.
>>
>>60863342
Bullshit
>>
>>60863342
obviously
territory aside, they're not a big country, nor is their population, or ambitions
I think of them the same way I think about England and France; a used to be empire who now pales in the shadow of a new world leader in just about everything, especially tech
>>
File: 1475223440987.png (106KB, 800x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1475223440987.png
106KB, 800x2048px
>>60864262
>I think of them the same way I think about England and France; a used to be empire who now pales in the shadow of a new world leader in just about everything, especially tech
Both England and France are cursed countries with the worst fate imaginable: death through demography.

Expect an exodus from those countries as daily life becomes even more fearful and miserable for their population. If I was a young Frenchman, I'd leave immediately. There's no future there.

Interestingly, both of them blame Russians for their predicament.
>>
>>60864040

I hate the term side load. It makes installing from an .apk seem more abnormal than it actually is. It's no more weird than running an .msi or .exe on Windows.
>>
>>60864321
No one cares what you think.
>>
>>60864346
this
>>
>>60864318
*some individuals blame Russians for their predicament
and only because blaming jews is now illegal
a strong Europe is in Russia's best interest, the EU is their biggest trading partner
anyone who is anyone knows this, its just that too many of them want to watch the world burn, so they spin their bullshit warmongering narrative
>>
>>60864497
You raise a good point.

Stalin killed more minorities and Russians than Hitler did Jews and yet there is nothing wrong with saying anything bad about Russians.

That's clearly discrimination.
>>
>>60863719
this
>>
>>60864538
it was the Jews who killed more people than anyone even before Stalin took office
the US, England, Canada, Japan, not sure about France... all supported and funded the whites during Russia's civil war, because no one wanted Bolshevism to spread
they were ultimately defeated because they were decentralized with different views about the future
in the late 19th, early 20th centuries many Zionist thinkers, writers and philosophers wanted to victimize Jews and make the anti semites turn on themselves propelling the Jew to the top of the food chain
which worked out real nice for them in a historically very anti semetic Russia
now that Russia is independent of the Soviet Union in the 21st century, and has kicked the Rothschilds bank the fuck out, its time for the (((media))) to turn the public hostile towards some poor lumberjacks and fishermen in bumfuck Siberia, who are more or less oblivious to the bullshit games they are unwilling players in
>>
>>60864748
the entire russian revolution and the bolsheviks were all jews
>>
>>60864772
... and now they're all in the US.
>>
>>60863342

*Russians laughing*
>>
File: 1491968353795.jpg (34KB, 935x531px) Image search: [Google]
1491968353795.jpg
34KB, 935x531px
Read this.

>What It's Like When The FBI Asks You To Backdoor Your Software

>When an FBI agent casually approached Nico Sell about installing a backdoor into her secure messaging program, the agent did not know what he was in for.
https://archive.fo/rBInR
>>
>>60863644
Can you recommend a good provider to get a burner phone from in the US?
>>
>>60863483
How are you to know that the implementation isn't changed between when it is verified and when it is used?
How are you to know that the independent source hasn't been corrupted?

Closed source crypto has inherently more risk than open source crypto.
>>
>>60863719
Server side still not open source
Still no f-droid build
No chat export functionality
>>
>>60864175
Riot is still not as good as other chat clients on mobile. The desktop version is just an electron "app" while all native alternatives are still missing basic stuff like E2E or video calls.
>>
>>60863314
>FBI
>not CIA
>>
>>60863314
Dr. Pavel?
>>
>>60863483
>vetted by independent (and trustworthy) sources.
like who?
And trustworthiness is subjective, what you consider trustworthy isn't what i consider trustworthy or what someone else considers trustworthy.
>>
File: 1494184678089.jpg (46KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494184678089.jpg
46KB, 716x768px
>>60868763
kek'd
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.