[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cisco CCNA Certification for $55. What's the catch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fwUSKASRIMtImeW.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fwUSKASRIMtImeW.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Sup /g/

I stumbled across this that was linked in Popular Mechanics. They claim that you can get a CCNA cert for just $55. What's the catch here?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/a26666/cisco-certification/
>>
No catch. You could self teach yourself all the material with GNS3 and the Lammle texts though, but some people like structure. Majority of these courses, at full price, are paid for by corporations. My assumption is that massive price slashes like this pull in a fair amount of cash from individuals who would not otherwise pay the absurd costs of IT cert training.
>>
>>60861412
>They claim that you can get a CCNA cert for just $55. What's the catch here?
If you bothered to read the article it is $55 for access to training materials. The two tests for CCNA will still cost you $125 each.
>>
Are you blind OP? It's for the training materials, not the cert
>Get Cisco certified today for just $55—a huge reduction from $1,495, the usual price of these courses.
>>
>>60861599
That being said, it isn't rare to get a steep discount on the CCNA exam from your school, especially if you do really well.
Thanks to vouchers I paid maybe $60 for each exam when
>>
or you could get your CCNA through another exam center. Brainbench is fully online test center, cost way less but just as good. Now they change the name of the cert a bit (as to avoid paying Cisco the legal fees) but it still the same, covers the same topics and everything
>>
>>60861692

if it doesn't have industry recognition there's no point. you could just study networking topics and pay no one anything
>>
>>60861797

This, the only reason cisco has any weight behind it is because they're stupidly popular for their switches and inter-domain routers.

All the same the first few cisco tests only really test cisco device knowledge and basic networking acronym knowledge.

I shit you not it is like taking a test based around your home router. In fact if you ever been familiar with ssh/telnet services, with any networking device, you probably have a good idea what's in store for you.

That said the tests are not easy, they make them stupidly difficult on purpose instead of testing good fundamentals. So good material and practice tests are gold dust, hence why some people charge for that shit.

Only way to pass is just brute force learn everything about cisco devices, then have a good grounding in network protocols. Pray that it doesn't fuck you on the day.

For stuff higher than entry-level lul gl hf, enjoy the ridiculous yearly fees so that in 20 years time you can realize you paid cisco upwards of probably 10k for nothing
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.