[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brand Boycott

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 19

File: oemagawd.jpg (129KB, 585x254px) Image search: [Google]
oemagawd.jpg
129KB, 585x254px
What brand have you solemnly sworn never to buy again?
>>
>>60856887
amd
>>
>>60856887
Intel, Nvidia, and Microsoft.
After a lot of problems with all three of them.
>>
Asus
Razer
LG
>>
>>60856887
Scamsung.
>>
Cooler Master

I bought 3 products from them for my build: PSU, Heatsink, Fans

Their most expensive flagship PSU died on me in less than 8 months and the cables were too short for back routing/clean management.

Their heatsink fans busted their bearings and made a horrible clicking sound

Their fans are alright, but the cables weren't short again.
>>
File: msi_thermal_paste.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
msi_thermal_paste.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Msi
>>
Apple, they fucked me in several ways.

>iPad 3 was slow as fuck after one year thanks to iOS 7
>iPhone 5 battery died TWO times
>MacBook air trackpad click died after two years
>>
Evga: psu killed itself and they pretty much refused to do anything

Sapphire: Gpu did an kill and they didn't do anything and said "you're the reason it blew up, it's your fault so we won't refund you".
>>
>>60856887
Overkill. EA.
>>
>>60856887
ill never buy a gnu product again
>>
>>60856887
Trump organization and 4chan user pass.
>>
>>60857063
evga is such a fucking shit company. if you don't register your product they shorten the length of your warranty, and their warranty service is complete trash to begin with. despite that people still eat their ass.
>>
>>60856887
razer, I got an ourouboros mouse as gift and it didn't even last two years before braking. all my previous cheap ass mouses hold forever.
>>
>>60857029
Me too

Seen 2 dead chargers, 3 chargers among by friends with cable about to break off.

Laptops and imac overheat like a motherfucker.

HDD crashes and fucking beachball of death before any serious task.

It really is a $2000 facebook machine.
>>
>>60856887
razer
xiaomi

surprisingly the best experience i have had is with apple. both my ipads are smooth af. i even have a 8 year old ipod touch still works.
>>
>>60857098
In my 25+ years of computing. I have used maybe 5 mice. All of them were under $15, lasted 5 years or more.

I see no point in getting overpriced rice mice. Don't care for gaymen, so that aspect of marketing is dead to me.
>>
>>60856887
LG - because their phones are shit and let me and my family down

Sandisk - because i remember putting their shit u3 software in usb flash disks which cannot be removed. i got mad at them because one day i tried to boot from usb and that wasn't possible thanks to that permanent u3 partition.

Sony - they refused to repair my 3 months old mp3 player that is still in warranty, also their phones are shit.
>>
>>60857098
Are you fucking me? This is exactly my experience.
>>
>>60857098
razer products last for two years and start breaking down like clockwork. ghost clicking, ghost scrolling and all kinds of shit
>>
>>60857143
Bought a xiaomi fitness band. Dead within 6 months.

It would cost me more to drive to the service center than to buy a new one online. I didn't do either.

I thought xiaomi was supposed to have good build quality.
>>
>>60857167
>>60857098
fuck, same.

>>60857145
logitech g400s is amazing though. been using it for 4 years already and it still works fine.
>>
>>60857143
i have redmi 3 and besides shitty camera it's really nice phone for the money
>>
>>60856887
Thermaltake
Bought a PSU for my first build, PC starts randomly shutting down sometimes and just one day it died.
Did a RMA and the new PSU dies within 30 min with a bang
>>
>>60857180
>be me
>own a xiaomi mi3
>sudden white screen and phone wont switch on
>take it to the service centre
>customer exec says he'll try
>get no call from them
>call them after two weeks
>says he was on vacation and he'll call me after two days
>another week and no call
>i call back and he says he can't repair it
>charges a fee for looking into it
ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT! This is why i think it's better to stick to established brands.
>>
>>60857107
oh yeah, I forgot the chargers with the self-destructing cables, happens to me too.

Now I have a cheap as fuck Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, upgraded the HDD to a SSD, and honestly don't miss anything. It's ugly but gets the work done.
>>
>>60857004
This. Also Nvidia.
>>
>>60856887
I don't have brand loyalty, I buy what I feel is the best at a good price.
>>
>>60856887
Apple
>>
why is your hardware proprietary, freetards? don't you need something that respects muh freedum?
>>
Fiat
>>
>>60856887
I don't want to ever buy an Apple product again.
>>
>>60857622
fuck you
>>
MSI maybe because the board I have is just so shitty that I don't even want to know

Seagate because I had 5 hard drives fail on me after a few months, while every other brand I bought didn't fail

Blackberry because they promised and kept promising a nice update that was almost finished for the playbook tablet and then ended up just running away with it

I don't have much against any other company really
>>
>>60856887
I'm currently boycotting AMD, Apple, MSI, Razer, AOC, M$, Google, Steam, EA, Uplay, and anything islam
>>
>>60856887
I boycott all chink shit.
>>
Intel and nVidia mostly. Their business practices are repugnant. Other than that? Biostar because their boards fucking suck.
>>
>>60857063
>Sapphire: Gpu did an kill and they didn't do anything and said "you're the reason it blew up, it's your fault so we won't refund you"

Yes sapphire is pretty bad. Sapphire "PGS" is also as bad, so paying a huge premium with them doesn't even save you any trouble.
>>
gigabyte.
sold me a motherboard that said it was fine for a quad core cpu. after only a month it blew caps and died. took my amd quad core cpu with it.
turns out it was just an older dual core motherboard they slapped a sticker on.
>>
>>60856887
All besides chinkshit.
>>
>>60856887
canon for their unreliable printers that never detect paper and bitfenix for their flimsily made cases
>>
Razer
Microsoft
HP
>>
Micropajeet and Samshit, fuck them.
>>
Anything from companies based in the country of China.
>>
>>60856887
I don't want Motorola phones after the Lenovo acquisition, but some of the g and Moto Play phones look really good
>>
>>60856887
For computers, I refuse to buy anything that isn't AMD, MSI, or Corsair.
>>
>>60856895
2 Intel Extreme Pointsâ„¢ have been deposited to your account. Combo up for a double bonus!
>>
If ASUS doesn't send me the rebate soon, then ASUS.
>>
>>60857063
I liked Sapphire though, for the HD5850 I bought way back when. That card's still going strong now, just in my dad's office PC. Was a real solid card back when I bought it.
>>
>>60856887
Huawei
>>
>There are people that swear off entire companies because they have a single bad experience with one example of their products in millions of samples of thousands of product lines.
You might be high-functioning, but you're still on the spectrum.
>>
OnePlus
MSI
>>
>>60856887
HP

First HP Pavilion dv4-2160us, gorgeous laptop, cost near to 1k when it came out with every add on, DIES ONE WEEK LATER AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES. Bad Motherboard.

HP ElitePad 900, Nice little kinda powerful Windows Tablet. One day won't turn on, was charged. Bought a new charger, new cable, nothing, +50usd wasted. Tablet is dead, no way to recover the information, Fuck you HP

FUCK YOUUUUU
>>
>>60856887
Hewlett Packard & Electronic Arts
>>
>>60856887
None, I buy whatever suites my budget at the time. Brand loyalty is mental retardation and so is swearing on your virginity to never buy a brand again because you had one bad past experience.
>>
>>60856887
samsung
apple
kingston
hp
toshiba
genius

every brand that goes to my blacklist already have failed me at least once.
>>
>>60857646
Fuck off Tim.
>>
HP Printers.

I had three almost brand new ones fail on me three times in a row.
>>
Razer, Corsair (sans cases, their cases are great but their keyboard and peripherals are ass), and LG.
>>
>>60858536
Are you autistic?
>>
>>60856887
Microsoft, Google, and Apple. they can take their fag-pandering and shove it up their asses.
>>
>>60856887
EVGA - muh housefires
Acer - shitty cheap plastic everywhere
Gainward - shitty quality control
Thermaltake - shitty products
Sony - shitty android phones, tablets and tv's, shitty "Pro" cameras with lens mounts falling off
>>
Apple. Never have I had a laptop fuck up in so many ways as my 2009 Macbook Pro. After only 2 years, it had:

1. Completely broken disk drive
2. Dented aluminum effectively making the ethernet port a pain to get anything into
3. Dented and cracked screen
4. Failing fan
5. Failing hard disk controller. Not the disk itself, the controller that communicates with it. I could replace the HDD all day long, but I would not be able to have a machine that is not slow as molasses without replacing the fucking motherboard itself.
6. Not one, but two magsafe cords with destroyed shielding.

The lack of proper ventilation also meant that CPU often reached temperatures of 96 degrees Celsius when under a basic load.

They're fragile pieces of shit that can't last the test of time. And each year, they produce laptops with less features than the last generation just to make the damn thing thinner. I don't need a laptop that is thinner than the width of my pinkie. I need a laptop that will serve as my main and only workstation that follows me wherever I go. I don't want your USB-C crap. I don't own a single peripheral that uses it, and I don't want to buy a fucking adapter. I also don't want to use your shitty OS that you care so little about that you'll wait 6 fucking months to release a patch to a critical security vulnerability that allows for root escalation.
>>
>>60857074
>EA.
This, except in the case if they magically fire management and start producing good, finished games under good conditions.
But since the majority of gaymurs take it in the butt, that's an unlikely scenario.
>>
Razer, bought an Xbox 360 controller from them back in the day and it literally broke within a week of light use.

Acer. Bought a cheapo IPS monitor from them that just died within a year. Sent it in to be warranty repaired(paying $25 shipping both ways) and it arrived cracked and dusty.

HP. Bought a laptop from them because it was a good deal for the specs at the time, thing overheated like a motherfucker on the regular.

Google. Just a shitty company overall, done with all their shit. I was a massive Android fanboy for a very long time(started with the HTC G1, even), but Google has went from "don't be evil" to "be as evil as possible". Android feels pretty second rate at this point to me as well.
>>
>>60859180
>Are you autistic?

No. What was it specifically that triggered you?
>>
>>60859409
Yup, definitely on the spectrum.
>>
samsung
fuck that overpriced gookshit
>>
>>60859440
How so Anon?

>I'm currently boycotting AMD, Apple, MSI, Razer, AOC, M$, Google, Steam, EA, Uplay, and anything islam

What above elicited such a hateful response from you?
>>
>>60856887
Acer, always seemingly well priced, but skimp on everything they can. Crappy build quality and shit support site. Crappy drivers, cheap wifi modules iffy screens, buzzing adapters.
Never buy acer.
>>
>>60859507
>Apple

Appelrinas hate you now. )*:
>>
>>60856887
Microsoft - Their software is garbage and hardware is over priced low quality garbage from China.
Corsair PSU - one of their power supplies couldn't output even half of it's advertised power after 2 years and ended up burning my GPU. Luckily I had a refund on the latter.
HP Printers - they work but they always give me headaches. Plus the Ink barely lasts and expensive as fuck.
Intel - For selling me a shitty locked i5 for more than 200$. Was way before Ryzen. Overall very disappointed in them.
Budget Samsung phones - family had a few of these and they are absolutely terrible for the price. Screen is low resolution, underpowered hardware, battery barely lasts. Touchwiz also being awful didn't help.
Steel series headphones - I've had 3 (THREE) Siberia V2. Two of then died within half a year (bad cord), third current one also lost sound on one channel.
>>
>>60859618
>Steel series headphones - I've had 3 (THREE) Siberia V2. Two of then died within half a year (bad cord), third current one also lost sound on one channel.
and you keep buying them why?
>>
>>60856887
Fischer
Seagate
HP
>>
File: printlogo[1].png (9KB, 586x387px) Image search: [Google]
printlogo[1].png
9KB, 586x387px
Until AMD can't even compete again I am never buying intel
>>
>>60859618
Adding in more that I forgot:
Lenovo laptops - bought a somewhat cheap one. Harddrive was extremely slow and constantly in 100% use for no reason, blaming their drivers for now. Build quality was absolutely terrible, the damn thing overheated like mad, so much that the plastic around the cooling area cracked and broke. The power input also broke down and barely useable after a small drop.
Acer - Plastic everywhere, My C720 chromeook has an awful screen and the battery in it barely holds 2/3 of it's original charge after 2 years. Very disappointed
>>
>>60859618
>Steel series headphones

I had a pair that just killed itself. I think "gaming" headsets meme themselves are the problem.
>>
Anything that moslems like.

They go AMD I buy Intel. They like Android I go sailfish.
>>
>>60859246
Did the aluminium also look like shit after two years of handling dust etc?
>>
>>60856887
NVidia is the only boycott I'm actually going to be able to keep faithfully
>>
File: allahu-akbar-intel.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
allahu-akbar-intel.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>60859794
Are you going VIA now, anon?
>>
HP

Their website is shit, they have either missing drivers or drivers that don't work.
Had to go to pci vendor site and download working drivers from Lenovo instead

Customer support of any kind after your warranty is up is NIL, they literally tell you ask the community forums OR pay up for support.

Their consumer laptops are shit

Until something changes with HP, they won't see my money again.

>samsung laser printers too
>>
>>60856887
HP is abject trash. 2017 and they're STILL pulling the motherboard 1.1 year killswitches.
>>
>>60859902
Don't forget the proliant Java browser applet interfaces.
>>
>>60859937
I was about to buy a used Proliant. Talk me out of it senpai
>>
Razer, Apple, Logitech
>>
>>60859986
Wanna hunt for a specific, old Java Applet version that might even only run in old shitty browsers like IE6 only with disabling all kinds of security on OSs that only support all that?
If you want all that misery, there is a good chance you get it by buying that Proliant.
>>
>>60859897
Nah. That's just Jews pandering to expand their user base. Real Muslims won't buy Intel.
>>
>>60857622
>>60857646
/g/ in a nutshell
>>
Microsoft
Samsung
Acer
>>
>>60857143
Fell for the xiaomi smartphone meme.

I can unironically say it was my best tech purchase yet.
>>
>>60860023
What if I want to run RHEL on a proliant blade and use it just for delegating heavy computing tasks.

What used server brand should I look into?
>>
>>60856887
>Benq Asus Samsung Dell LG Aoc

How would you buy a new monitor?
Acer?
>>
File: .jpg (185KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
185KB, 900x900px
>>60856887
Hewlett Packard
>>
>>60860253
>What if I want to run RHEL on a proliant blade and use it just for delegating heavy computing tasks.
The Applet thing was for the maintenance console you'd need in case your server crashes and wasn't available by normal ssh. Apart from that, no idea.
>What used server brand should I look into?
No idea. Thank fuck I'm no fagmin.
>>
Samsung
LG
HP
Jewtel
Xiaomi
Lenovo
>>
nestle - but thier stuff is overpriced anyway so i dont buy it anyway
Logitech - eXXtreme prices, chinkshit build quality
Samsung/Apple - pay 80% for the brand, 20% for the product, which also underperforms
EA - buggy unpolished games, and fuck making an extra account to play somethign that i already bought
>>
>>60856939
Not
>scamscum
>>
>>60856922
this
>>
AMD, SAPPHIRE, MSI, ARE ALL SHIT.
>>
>>60856887
Acer...
Had to send back the same monitor 3 times because of insane coil whine which took two months each times. This happened when 24" 1920x1200 monitors were new and expensive. When I got my money back (after calling customer support at least 20 times - not exaggerating), they sent me the wrong amount of money and I had to call again.
>>
HP, Apple, EA, MSI, PNY, and Samsung phones.
>>
Apple. Maybe MSI.

Almost everything else I can think of is too diverse. I would never buy HP computing equipment but I have an HP printer and it's lovely (or at least I haven't found anything better, not that I've looked particularly hard - educate me if I'm being an idiot). I would never buy razer keyboards/mice/anything else but razer makes pretty nice mousepads. I bought a really shitty Corsair PSU but that's my bad, apparently they also make good ones, plus I've only ever used Corsair RAM and have had no complaints. I'm not a fan of Gigabyte but I'm using a cheapo wifi/bluetooth card of theirs and no complaints other than the Chink+Engrish manual that came with it. BenQ, Acer, and Asus are all gaymer memes for just about everything (except Zowie mice apparently, but I'm not a fan of the shape and plus I can't live without a logitech hyperscroll wheel now) but their monitors are pretty nice, I may not buy from them but I'd definitely consider them. The list goes on.
>>
>>60856887
EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Razer, Microsoft
>>
>>60858536
>Steam, EA, Ubplay
Where the fuck do you get games? GOG?
>>
>>60858681
Don't worry, Motorola phones are still good. They seem to be the only brand that doesn't make Crapple or Scamsung clones and know that battery life is important.
>>
Intel. I hope my new desktop will be my last x86.
>>
Apple. Not that I ever bought something, but even the iPod 2nd gen that I won was dead in less than 2 years. Battery fail.

Looking inside to attempt to replace it and finding it near the bottom of a pretty annoying stack of components convinced me that I really don't need their shitty overpriced un-maintainable devices.

>>60857143
Xiaomi has worked so well for me that I have half a household full of Xiaomi devices and accessories now.

That doesn't mean nothing ever broke, but actually everything that did break was pretty easy to replace so far. Including a smartphone screen. Bunch of flex connectors an a bit of glue, nicely made and nothing insanely non-obvious. I like that.
>>
nvidia

years ago i needed a cheap video card for one of those core duo with crippled igpu (gma 950)

i got a GT610 from... i don't remember the manufacturer..palit?

my temperature lowered down ten deg celsius just by changing the thermal paste.

they should give a fuck about whoever sells their chips and under which quality controls

they don't. and that voids my warranty. and it wasn't normal to have 55 deg just displaying a desktop
>>
File: 1444959881347.jpg (85KB, 537x747px) Image search: [Google]
1444959881347.jpg
85KB, 537x747px
>be me
>going to train station to pick up my cousin from a flight
>take out my iPhone 6
>gray bar at the top
>phone decides to sudoku itself
>desperately go buy a prepaid phone
>takes 2 hours to activate
>pickup frustrated cousin telling me how useless I am
>still pick her up because we've been cool with each other since childhood
>nervous car ride all the way home, she suddenly got quiet
>dafuqwasdat.png.exe
>go to apple store a few days later
>The geniuses there essentially tell me to go fuck myself
>get samshit phone
>it doesn't have this problem
>cousin begins to text me about our childhood
>wot.lol

Anyway fuck iPhones, they made things awkward between my cousin and me. Those 3 hours she had to wait at the train station set her off somehow. I'm scared.
>>
>>60860894
I'm not him but I also don't buy steam games. I pirate them or buy them from GOG. Although tbqh most of the games I pay are emulated.
>>
>>60856887
PSUs: Cooler Master
Memory: G.Skill
Mobo: Zotac and EVGA
GPU: MSI
HDD: SanDisk
Case: Thermaltake
>>
>>60856887
here be a riddle /g/:
i don't use any electronic devices

but how can I post here?

it does not have to practical or realistically feasable
>>
>>60859118
For some fucking reason I have a HP printer (no scanner) that as been working for 10 years... but I know that I was very lucky... everyone around that had an HP printer got fucked.
>>
>>60856887
EVGA - gpu died for no reason (had proper cooling ~ 68 C max temps)
Also their heatsinks are just trash I got my ZOTAC gtx 1050 ti and never looked back (max 45 C temps)

HP laptops - had a dv4, that thing was so hot that sometimes I couldn't even use the trackpad

ASUS - the motherboard's CPU fan connector died for no fucking reason (I tested the other connectors such as the cpu power connector itself and they were still working)
I went with a gigabyte motherboard and will probably buy another once this one gets too old.

ATI graphics - had a 6000 series card and a 5000 series mobile card as well, both overheated like crazy.

TP-LInk - the shitties most unreliable usb wireless adapter I ever had.

Microsoft - had 2, both identical usb mouse that were complete dogshit when it comes to the materials (glossy plastic that retained a FUCKTON of filth on it because I have sweaty hands) not to mention that it wouldn't fucking work properly on almost every surface.

Samsung - devices suck overall, my notebooks overheated as well and tvs weren't that impressive (I'd take a Sony or LG monitor any day).
>>
Personality never bought from but on a blacklist:
Samsung
Acer
Razer
HP (current desktop was a gift but is handling good for the last 6 years but never ever buy their laptops)
Seagate
Intel (Jews)
Nvidia (Jews)
Lenovo
Vizo

Bought from blacklist:
Epson- shit printer eats ink

Funny thing is I have an Evga power supply and never had issues, possibly because it is a seasonic rebrand and a high end one with platinum rating.
>>
>>60856887
microsoft - backdoor, devices are trash
lenovo - backdoor, also broke screen after doing nothing, post 2008 are all shit
samsung - *hdd clicks, phoneshits oled burn in, backdoor
seagate - fail drive
transcend -fail drive
huawei - post 2013 are botnet
hp - overheating fucker
intel - post 2008 are botnet
>>
>>60861275
>sandisk hdd
lol
>>
>>60861484
>tplink
buy LB-LINK
>small as fuck USB wifi
>strong signal
>works on linux and windows
>>
>>60857172
Reckon that'll happen to this? I don't really care if the homo lighting dies after ~2 years.
>>
>>60856887
Apple
Sony
Anything from state of Massachusetts
>>
>>60856887
apple
>>
Apple
Seagate
>>
>>60856887
be quiet!
Probably Asus if there is a better option.
>>
>>60856887
So long as I have a choice in the matter, nvidia and intel.

Nvidia because their drivers killed my 6800 ultra after warranty was up, intel because of the pentium 4 bullshit when I was getting a computer when I was a kid, not trusted to build my own, but they bought off so many oems the better and cheaper option was not given to me.

msi I am up in the air about.
They held my gpu hostage for 2 months, but they also sent be back an overall upgrade...
>>
>>60856887
Apple, I never bought any of their products and I never will, only retards buy Apple in 2017
>>
>>60856887
any company until I have to buy from them
>>
>>60856887
razer
steelseries
hp
nvidia
>>
File: brand boycott chart.png (26KB, 1474x866px) Image search: [Google]
brand boycott chart.png
26KB, 1474x866px
Here you go /g/. This is your data of what brands you hate the most. Use it as you wish.
>>
>>60856887
HP, EA, Ubisoft, Bioware, Seagate, anything with Elpida memory in it, Acer, Sony until I see MADE IN JAPAN again, Microsoft
>>
>>60862649
WEABOO SHITTTT
>>
File: barron.jpg (19KB, 240x98px) Image search: [Google]
barron.jpg
19KB, 240x98px
>>60856922

this

> except i still shill for Microsoft at time even though i'm a Linux enthusiast.

> pls kill me
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (130KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
130KB, 1366x768px
>>60862631
>g hates apple the most
why? i thought nobody bought their "homosexual" products, how would someone hold an opinion on a device (((they))) never bought?
>>
>>60862678
how would you rate your dildo and girl clothes?
>>
>>60862692
i can't because i don't have them. ask dpt.
>>
>>60862710
dont lie to me, you seem the kind of guy to let his hair grow long and enjoy boys ordering him around
>>
Seagate harddrives. Bad experience.
>>
>>60857091
Cuck.
>>
>>60861746
I own the first version of the first model (bw chroma), I'm smoking eating and destroying it and it still works like day 1
>>
>>60856887
(((Microsoft)))
>>
>>60856887
AMD
i actually have a saying for what ATI and AMD stood for
ATI = Another Terrible Investment
AMD = Another Massive Disappointment.
>>
>Apple
Too many bad experiences. I used macs because they're nice, commercially supported UNIX like systems but recent changes and customer service made me abandon Apple a year ago. My MacBook Pro 2012,which was 4 years died and Apple tried to force me into buying a new one instead of getting it repaired for the whole process.

>Microsoft
Just a bad operating system. I like their hardware (Xbox, surface) but it feels wrong to buy them

>Nvidia
All, incl. Mobile CPUs/GPUs and Desktop hardware.

>Samsung
Glorified plastic crap

>Realtek
Muh drivers

>ASRock
Muh build quality

>VIA
A processor should do one thing : processing. It's also favorable if it does this fast. VIA fails to produce processors which process fast. Fell for them because of small factor boards.

>Zyxel
3 times dead on arrival...
>>
>>60856887

Intel:
>hardware backdoors
>anti-competitive business practices
>overpriced

Nvidia:
>need to login with facebook to download driver updates
>GimpWorks
>overpriced

Samsung:
>uninstallable bloatware on their phones by Cheetah Mobile
>>
>>60856887
I don't give a shit about brands, if a particular product fits my needs the best and has good reviews(from the places I trust) then I buy it. Like, I have a Samsung SSD, but their phones? Garbage.
>>
File: this isnt pismo beach.jpg (10KB, 442x313px) Image search: [Google]
this isnt pismo beach.jpg
10KB, 442x313px
>>60861324
Is another human an electronic device?
>>
File: 1492429314700.jpg (143KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
1492429314700.jpg
143KB, 600x877px
>>60856887
>tfw you haven't bought anything from any companies in the image
>>
Antec.

Fuck em
>>
>>60856887
nVidia
mSi
Intel
Western Digital
Razer
Microsoft
>>
>>60856887
LeNOvo, because literally spyware.
>>
Samsung
There devices are shit
Lack of updates
Your phone has problem they dont give a fuck bout
Custome roms are shit
Touchwizz is like shit

Switched pixel its lit AF
>>
>>60865421
>>uninstallable
;)
>>
NZXT, MSI, Razer, Microsoft

NZXT: AIDS computer cases
MSI: Experienced a motherboard that had a RAM slot that friend had which fried the RAM chips (had fried 3 of 4 when we managed to realise it)
Razer: Nagware software included in their shit, (Abyss mouse is ok thouh)
Microsoft: Because EEE policy
>>
>>60856887

>Sony
>Apple
>Microsoft

and unrelated to tech...
>Nike
>>
Snsv
>>
>>60859249
>But since the majority of gaymurs take it in the butt, that's an unlikely scenario.
I literally take it up the butt multiple times per week and I still don't buy anything from EA.
>>
>>60856887
Seagate
Apple
EA
>>
>>60862671
make sure to copyright that advanced sock puppet windows shilling technique before it is stolen
>>
>>60857078
This.
>>
File: S6004612.jpg (281KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
S6004612.jpg
281KB, 1000x750px
>>60858811
I'm using the Ascend Mate for about 4 years daily now and its awesome. Battery life is still really good (4000mah). Screen has no scratches (i dont use a case or screen protector or anything). I dropped it so many times and the screen didnt break yet.
I never resetted it and its still quite fast.

My next phone will def. be a huawei again.
>>
>>60856887
Intel and nVidia, unsurprisingly. It feels bad to rely on AMD for CPU and GPU, but they seem not to be complete fucktards, in contrast to Jewintel and nVishit
>>
>>60865421
translation: im poor, here's how bernie can still win so everyone can get a free rx580
>>
>>60861663
>DA JOOS
back to your containment board, racist
>>
Acer, never again.

2 monitors failed. I had to replace the shitty capacitors.

1 laptop started smoking because the cable going to the webcam shorted out.
>>
Microsoft for judaism,Apple for judaism and faggotry, EA for judaism, Adafruit for faggotry
>Paying for DLC
>Paying for Operating Systems (That aren't even good)
>Support a tech company that focuses more on leftist degeneracy than its own fucking products
>>60861663
You're on the right track
>>
>>60866044
>says fa/g/got with a thread titled chink shit general on his board
>>
Eureka Forbes
>>
>>60866044
kys nigger
>>
>AMD
>INTEL

So... what am I supposed to buy?
>>
>>60866068
>>60866059
nice rebuttal, back to >>>/pol/
maybe someday you'll straighten yourself out and stop blaming everything on DA JOOS
>>
>>60866074
AMD:
>innovates CPUs when it can
>offers products at a reasonable price
Intel:
>jews you out of the last shekel by making minimal improvements for full price
>makes compilers working ok on their CPUs, but worse on BETTER AMD CPUs

It's not even funny anymore
>>
Apple
Microsoft
msi
>>
>>60856887
ASUS
OCW
Kingston

everyone of them had the most horriable life spans
And kingstons just don't work on may machine mix it with asus anything and you going to get a train crash.

I wish nanya where back in the buget memory game they are far better than kingston.
all their products are shit and it makes some no band chinese knock off look good (that's a bad thing btw)

its some how worse than a knock off and costs more but people "trust" the brand.
Oh fuck off.

the old OCW or OWC as it was know made the worse ssd's just utter shit I'm kinda glade they are gone under WD now.
>>
I'll buy the best product regardless of who makes it, I don't care who my money goes to as long as they're making products that I want.
>>
Google
>>
>>60856887
Apple, Vodafone
>>
MSI, because of the terrible laptop, although I had no major issues with it. Acer, because it breaks down randomly.

Xiaomi, shitty battery labeled as "3080 mAh", and feels slow.
>>
Sony - malware music CDs and removing other OS option from ps3 post purchase.

I know that different branches of such a giant are basically separate companies but they're still shit.

Oh and Nintendo since they're super gay about IP. Not that I play any Nintendo crap.
>>
Microsoft and Logitech
>>
>>60858886
This.
HP laptops are a fucking travesty, I bought an Envy and within a few months it had a fucked battery and overheated to shit.
>>
>>60856887
Nvidia cause 1060 6gb was a mistake
>>
>>60856887
Uber
Samsung (except Note series)
Acer
>>
>>60856887
Samsung
>>
Apple. 10 years ago I bought an iPod Nano from a pawn shop and it broke 1 year later.

Fuck Apple.
>>
>>60867421
>Uber
I'm shocked it took this long for somebody to say it. Uber is a fucking filthy scumbag company.
>>
>>60859246
Meanwhile my 2012 MacBook pro is fine. Battery holds up, no overheating, I didn't drop it so just a few scratches, optical drive and I/o just fine. Classic PEBKAC if you ask me. Just buy a Thinkpad or toughbook if you can't handle hardware properly.
>>
>>60856887
>HP and Acer for laptops
>>
>>60856887
Apple
>>
>>60866044
>>60866082
Into leddit it goes
>>
>>60867499
From a pawn shop. Kek
>>
>>60856887
>MS
They have something that works then they fuck it up because 'it's for your better user experience'
W10, Office365, Skype

>Facebook:
This abomination contributed nothing valueable. It just made most of my friends check their phones every second, even when we are talking.

>Razer:
Just flashy overpriced crap.
Roommates 'pro' xbox controller stopped working after a year.
My brother's glowy mouse stopped glowing after a week.
Trying to scam you with useless stats.... 16000 DPI? Come on, even CS pros rarely use higher than 1000.
Razer Synapse registration (requiring a valid e-mail) required for a goddamn mouse driver?
>>
>>60858736
how many Intel Extreme Points™ does it take unlock 1MB of L3 Intel MegaFast© Cache?
>>
EVGA video cards. Every single one I have owned / bought for family has fried within 2 years. 8800GTS, 8800GTX, 8800GT, 9800GTX, 550TI. 8800GTS 640 / 8800GTX were bought for me and my brother, burned out within 2 years. 9800GTX was my second, 8800GT bought for my sister, burned out within 1 year each.
550TI my brother bought all his own, burned out in 1.5 years playing basically only WoW. All EVGA.

Been an MSI / XFX fan though, haven't seen a problem in over 3 years.
>>
>>60861257
fuck your cousin.
halandhi
>>
>>60862669
>weeabo shit
>not knowing the quality of sharp, toshiba, hitachi, and sony which are only exclusive to japan
>>
>>60856887
Samsung for phones, Microsoft for software, Acer for monitors, Seagate for HDD's
>>
>>60856887
what the fuck did creative ever do to you?
creative is a gud boi
>>
Sony I don't know if its bad luck or something with ordering directly from Sony
Defective laptop upon delivery- contact support???? takes 1 month for them to agree they fucked up. Comes up- different problem

Phone: glass shatters from a falling onto concrete from pockets. (never happened to my samsung phones)

USB: USB shits itself after 4 months.

SD card: corrupted family's memories.
>>
>>60856887
Logitech.

They changed their fucking logo after 25 years, so anything new would look out of place. In fact, I already have a Unifying receiver with the new logo, but at least I can hide that shit under the desk.

inb4 autism
>>
>>60856887
dell for using shitty parts in premium pcs
aniplex for charging $40/disc for dvds, I pirated kill la kill and have no plans to watch it ever
>>
>>60868150
>They changed their fucking logo
What the fuck? This is a shit timeline. Im jumping again.
>>
>>60868150
You can remove all logos by scraping them off with a razor blade.
>>
> OnePlus
It's more pleasant to get fucked by a drilldo than having to deal with their customer service.

>Apple
Still butthurt about their 2011 MacBook GPU disaster

>Razer
Overpriced Gaymer Bullshit

>Hifiman
Catastrophic build quality, even worse customer service and their CEO is a narcissistic bastard
>>
>>60862671
W-why will Barron Trumps IQ make me shiver?
>>
>>60868150
This is the most autistic post I have ever seen on /g/
>>
Brands to boycott
Linux - a free open source Operating System for Technogurus aka Techology Elites
toshiba - my friend told me that his External
hp/canon - because inkjets are too expensive than Epson
Apple-selling cheap specs for high price because Steve Jobs

>>60858568
>biostar
damn m8 the bios is worse than other Mobos I got like MSi and Gigabyte
>>
>>60856887
Razer.
>two mice died
>needs authorization to even configure a mouse
>retarded aesthetic

Other than that, there's no brand that's an instant buy or no-buy for me. At most, there are brands that I check out first for certain types of electronics, and some I think twice before buying.
>>
>>60856887
microsoft
razer

not much else, companies have good times & bad

I stay away from intel, dell (except monitors) thermaltake, asrock, evga.. but I do have some of their shit
>>
Samsung and Netgear
>>
>>60856887
Microsoft, AMD, Oneplus, Samsung, Google, EA, Sony (phones and any form of storage).
>>
>>60857091
Cuck
>>
really depends on what products tho

would recommend like a steelseries keyboard or mousepad but not their mice a highend Sony TV but nothing else of sony
>>
>>60867720
>>
>>60856939
holy fuck this
I don't know how anybody on planet earth could genuinely like their shitty phones
I'd rather have an iPhone, and that's saying something
>>
>>60868984
>2011 GPU Disaster
Pfft, you should've seen the 2008 GPU Disaster
>>
>>60869632
What's wrong with The S8
>>
>>60856887
Samsung, EA, Ubisoft and Ryan Air.
>>
Motorola, after they had a fight with my country's most popular carrier and decided to stop updating all of their phones.
Xiaomi, after they consistently violated the GPL, leaving me with shitty unofficial bug-riddled roms.
Sony, because it's a pain in the ass to reinstall an os in their laptops.
HP because reinstalling the system kills half the hardware in the laptop. What the fuck.
NVIDIA, after the 3.5 meme
>b-b-but it doesn't affect performance
Go back to YouTube, Salazar.
>>
>>60869632
i love my s8+
[spoiler]im not even being ironic[/spoiler]
>>
MSI GPUS
-2900XT Died 6 months
-290X Died 3 weeks

My Galaxy 9600gt, my Galaxy 260gtx, and my Gainward 570gtx all given me years of faithful service.

Y'know I grabbed a second hand r9 Fury to replace the 570 gtx, got it a real nice price, only 4 months old. Yeah, I sold it second day. I said to myself, damnit anon you've been here before. 2 shitty ATI / AMD gpus. This is the problem when you have an AMD fanboi as a friend. It never turns off. Nvidia is the devil, and AMD needs everyones help. Fermi burnt down a house. AMDs only ever offered the market the best.

Yeah fuck that. I should correct myself. Fuck ATI. Don't have a problem with AMD cpus.

but but just wait. Yeah, should I buy a 1060gtx now, or wait for Volta. hmm
>>
>>60856887
Anything in the god damn surface line, fucking garabge
>>
File: literally too angry to die.jpg (122KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
literally too angry to die.jpg
122KB, 600x337px
>>60856887

HP craptops, laptops with Novidya graphics, Sprint & verizon branded cellphones, crapplel products, Ford, Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, Any new cellphone with a non-removable battery, Intel processors, Anything Gateway branded.

SHIT ANON, I HAVE TO MANY TO LIST.
>>
DELL laptops
HP and Compaq
Razer
Apple
Samsung
Telewell
>>
>>60858536
poorfag
>>
>>60856887
Get glorious HP off of that fucking list, now
>>
File: 1484972701708.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484972701708.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
Apple.
>>
>>60872674
That's a given.
>>
Apple, MicroSoft, Google, Amazon, Sony, Intel, Nvidia, HP, CocaCola, Nike, Starbucks.
There are more but my mind is kinda blank atm.
>>
>>60856887
Logitech. Their MX Master is a pile of shit. Had 3 of them and they all failed (scroll wheel stuck in free spin mode).
>>
>>60872674
It's not even apple store. It's just dumb shop not apple.
>>
File: 1493556641029.jpg (50KB, 522x392px) Image search: [Google]
1493556641029.jpg
50KB, 522x392px
>>60872851
>It's just dumb shop
Smarter than the Apple store at least.
>>
>>60858536

>AMD

Hello my fellow choosen people.
>>
>>60856887
Intel and AMD; can I own any electronics?
>>
>>60856887
Intel
AMD
ARM
IBM
>>
>>60856922
Anything that promotes itself primarily to gamers unless there are no alternatives.
Intel after Ivy Bridge
Samsung, but their chips are everywhere, so I don't try that hard to avoid them.
Google, but I'm keeping gmail for now because moving after ten years is hard.
I want to hate Microsoft, but the .net ecosystem has just gotten so good I just can't let go.
I want to like Apple for doing the right thing for their user's privacy and security, but they keep doing so much other shit that pisses me off it's just not worth it, and their fanbase is absurdly annoying.

I'm suspicious of a lot more brands, but reviews/price point can convince me to try again after getting burned.

>>60872891
>t. VIA shill
>>
>>60873028
Shit, didn't mean to include that top quote.
>>
File: 1484818915260.png (345KB, 728x945px) Image search: [Google]
1484818915260.png
345KB, 728x945px
>>60873028
>doing the right thing for their user's privacy and security

Cuck.
>>
>>60873078
This is what turned me against the EFF. Nobody should donate to those cucks after their cancer "Who has your back" reports where they read the bullshit privacy policies of companies and then give them 5 stars for how great they are at protecting you.
>>
>>60873078
wtf I hate Apple (more) now.
There are no honest tech companies. Sociopaths win again.
>>
File: 1493829775015.jpg (296KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1493829775015.jpg
296KB, 2048x1536px
>>60856887
Samsung
Logitech keyboards, the mice are ok
Creative because Sennheiser exists
>>
>>60857074
this + ubisoft
>>
>>60866074
just buy used from good goys
>>
Are EVGA P2/G2 PSUs decent?
>>
File: 02b7e6412be.jpg (11KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
02b7e6412be.jpg
11KB, 187x200px
>>60866450
I totally forgot about Ubisoft.

Ubisoft is the single worst shit of a valve copy cat company ever existed. Full of idiots and wannabes. They should all go into trash. Fucking subhumans. Unbelievable scum.
>>
i will never buy an apple phone again because of needing to register them online to use them.
I will never buy us robotics hardware because of their garbage winmodem they sold.
i like microsofts hardware but won't touch their software.
>>
Samsung
AsRock
>>
>>60856887
seagate
ubisoft
EA
Beats
Nintendo
>>
>>60873442
>logitech
buy a4tech noob
>>
asus, specifically because of a pg279q with a software issue
>>
crucial. shit ram that dies after a year.
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.