[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online but don't know why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1457589223639.jpg (75KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1457589223639.jpg
75KB, 448x545px
Sorry if this is ignorant, but I honestly feel so stupid right now. I've been reading about cryptocurrencies, especially Ethereum, and blockchain, etc. And it just occurred to me that I know shit about the internet. I consume content on it all the goddamn time, but I know shit about it.

Basically, all I use is FB, 4chan, Youtube, Google, Twitter, etc. The standard, vanilla stuff -- but I really don't know anything about the Internet, its history, coding, encryption, the so-called 'dark web,' ... in other words, I don't how this whole system comes together. I want to be 'in the know.'

Do any of you know of any videos/documentaries about the technological history of the Internet? What about forums or any websites you frequent which would help fill in these knowledge gaps? How would I go about teaching myself these things? Anything up-and-coming that one should know about?

Give me the new shit. What're the groundbreaking things happening on the Internet nowadays? -- and what can I read or watch to understand how the fuck we got here?

Please help /g/
>>
>I want to be 'in the know.'
>>
>>60856507
Since you frequent YouTube and Google so much, the sites that will gladly spoon-feed you, just look it up senpai.

Search:
when did the internet begin
How did the internet start
How does the internet work
Why does encryption on the internet matter
What is the dark net

You can also read some entry level networking books but they have to be ENTRY LEVEL so you don't get too deep into it and confuse yourself
>>
>>60856573
plz help, I'm losing touch with reality senpai
>>
>>60856845
>I'm losing touch with reality
Good, that is the first step towards enlightenment.
The second step is anime.
>>
>>60856941
I watched Paprika last night, am I there yet
>>
File: 1495105595712.jpg (21KB, 291x258px) Image search: [Google]
1495105595712.jpg
21KB, 291x258px
>>60856507
>I use FB
I really should find a 4chan alternative.
>>
>>60857789
You really shouldn't.

Facebook is like if /b/ were moderated. There are a few nice meme pages but the lack of anonymity is an interesting paradign shift

Lainchan is not bad but 2slow; I use this place to supplement

>>60856845
just let go
embrace the anime pham, it'll all be OK in the end
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 340x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 340x150px
>>60857789
4chan is a very popular website and is ranked fairly high :)
>>
>>60856507
check wikipedia for the pages on http. If you don't understand something look that up on wikipedia or google. That should teach you alot already
>>
>>60857123
paprika sucks it's just a ripoff of inception (which is not a good movie btw)
>>
File: Really notices your senpai.png (446KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Really notices your senpai.png
446KB, 600x1000px
>>60859203
>just a ripoff of inception
It's actually the other way around, lad.
>>
So where's the advice lads, srsly
>>
>>60856507
the only thing worse than an idiot is an educated idiot
none of those things have anything to do with understanding the internet
>>
>>60859203
Paprika is everything that Inception tried to do but in a souless, hollywood-film like fashion.
>>
the internet sucks just go do something more interesting
there's a moderate chance that in 20 years the internet will be replaced by something superior.
>>
>>60856507
Keep giving your info to Suckerberg.
>>
Ya crypto is pretty important, I think there's a course on Coursera about it
>>
>>60856507
read books. Technopoly by Neil Postman and Present Shock by Douglas Rushkoff are both relevant
>>
>>60861980

theories?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.