[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about powerbanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: dohnuts.png (57KB, 272x344px) Image search: [Google]
dohnuts.png
57KB, 272x344px
Not sure if /g/ or /diy/ can answer but
I've seen the internals of a powerbank and there are only two (maybe 3 on the good ones, third is used for balancing between the cells) wires coming from the bank of cells to the circuit board, this delivers the positive and negative for the current to flow. My question is: how the fuck is it even possible to charge and use the powerbank at the same time?

If the cells only have two wires (positive and negative) and when something is connected to the powerbank they deliver current to the circuit, when you charge the powerbank and also discharge it at the same time wouldn't that create a short circuit? How can current flow both in and out the cell at the same time, with reversed polarity?

I'm sure the question is the dumb and the answer is even dumber, but I'm dumb so enlighten me.
>>
what makes you think charging occures with reverse polarity?
>>
>>60856008
My extremely rusty knowledge of electronics.
So when the powerbank is charging (from the input) and delivering power (via the outputs) at the same time the charging happens in series with the discharging?
>>
your charger has something like 500-1000 mAmps power

it works this way- part of the incoming current is divided between the output and the battery, in such a way that your phone draws something like 600 mA and your battery 400mA out of the 1000mA

the current doesn't go through the battery, just the part that isn't consumed by the output

the same way you can use your phone while charging: part of the incoming current actually powers the whole phone while the rest goes to the battery
>>
File: sample-solar-cabin-setup.jpg (73KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
sample-solar-cabin-setup.jpg
73KB, 600x330px
>>60856077
parallel
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.