[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the odds that BlackArch is a honeypot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: BlackArch-Linux_1.jpg (67KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
BlackArch-Linux_1.jpg
67KB, 1280x960px
What are the odds that BlackArch is a honeypot?
>>
>>60853545
It clearly says so right there
>>
8.2%
>>
>>60853545
>BlackArch
Are pen testers always this edgy?
>>
>>60853622
Kek, but you're ignoring the point.
>>
>>60853640
Of course we're on edge; it's the only penetration we ever get.
>>
>>60853652
idk, its probably botnet somewhere. There is a reason they say not to run backtrack as your main os and to only run it from a vm.

Its literally just a distra that was modified by "hackers" and/or skids that wanna be hackers, and filled to the brim with all kinds of dickery that was developed by completely separate and unrelated hackers and skids, all of which could get a stick up their ass and go rouge at any second and push a malware update and just wreck your shit.
>>
>>60853545
Why don't you find out for yourself? You must be intelligent enough considering you're using such an obscure distro.
>>
>>60854848
but anon, hes a hacker. He needs a hacker distro packed with all the latest hacker goodies and toys.
>>
>>60853545

it fucking SAYS honeypot right ther.
>>
>>60853545
Install Arch, add the Black Arch repos to pacman.conf, while you're at it, add the ArchStrike repos too. No need to install all of that shit, son, you'll never need it, and it'll only increase your chances for breaking things.
>>
>>60854940
Can I add repos that are infested with viruses and have no quality control whatsoever?
>>
>>60855484
Adding repos isn't inherently dangerous. Besides, the guys at BlackArch have a decent reputation. You seem to forget that this is a pentesting distro,it's not as though any malware won't be quickly discovered and the devs callled out for it.It's also alot safer to install the repos and then pick and choose the software you want, versus installing the full distro and a million things you'll never use.
>>
>>60853545
Kali is
>>
>>60853545
if you care, look at the source
>>
>>60856457
But all the l33t hackers at Defcon say they use Kali!
>>
>>60853774
Underrated, I should not be the first reply to this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.