[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to counter bad play store/ app store reviews?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: pepe epsilon.png (415KB, 480x393px) Image search: [Google]
pepe epsilon.png
415KB, 480x393px
Hey I am an Android/iOS developer and I make MIDI apps. To put it very simple, it's a protocol that lets you send midi notes over the network which can be used to control music software on computers. So instead of buying a controller for $300 you can just download an app.

My problem is that it attracts tons of children who flood the app with 1* ratings because they expect the app to make sound hence giving me a very bad rank in both stores. The apps used to be quite popular for a small dev like me but now they are just buried by all those bad reviews from people who don't read the app description and download it expecting that it's an app that makes sound.

Anyone in a similar situation and has an idea how to counter this? On another, similar app, there was one guy who wrote a 1* review saying "it's a midi app, that's boring". He intentionally downloaded the app, knowing that it doesn't make sound, just to rate it 1*, what the fuck?

I am currently at an average of 2.1 stars which is horrible. I am already asking my users to rate my app which they do but the 1* retards are more than that. Also, I've now included sounds but that still doesn't help because these retards still hit "MIDI" when they launch the app and it asks them whether they want to have sound or MIDI. Obviously they click the wrong one there. I am really out of ideas here.
>>
>>60852264
Never experienced this, my suggestion:
- release under different name
- write in big red bold italic flashing font what this program is
- exclude anything from description what might attract idiots
- include as many words specific to knowledgeable people lexicon as possible
>>
>>60852293
- probably suggest your program for a review on a specialized site or buy it
>>
>>60852264
Feeling your pain OP, Google Play is overrun with entitled poo in loo children and developers
Make your app non free- $1 is a good price if it was previously free
>>
>>60852293
>- release under different name
Good idea but it's already somewhat established
>- write in big red bold italic flashing font what this program is
Basically doing this in the app's description with capslock etc but people don't read descriptions I think. Even English people don't read the popup that appears after opening the app
>- exclude anything from description what might attract idiots
>- include as many words specific to knowledgeable people lexicon as possible
if they only read it :/
> - probably suggest your program for a review on a specialized site or buy it
Got tons of articles on this product and most of them are well-written but people usually only search inside the app stores

thanks a lot for your suggestions tho

>>60852319
Man I swear to god, Superpower2020 as well as tacos are the worst.
I tried this $1 thing during the last 2 weeks and I went from rank 20 to like 90 for most keywords. I wish you could just appeal to reviews, that would be the best
>>
Stop developing this one, release a paid one which gets continuous support. This way you'll reset reviews, have a free 'limited' app to test, and earn some bucks through the people that actually want it.
>>
>>60852264
i don't see any pepe :(
>>
>>60852418
The thing is that I offer a free version with limited functionality and a $5 version for more functionality.

I was recently thinking about deleting the old one and release the same app but with reset reviews. But then, every link to it would be broken and idk if Apple allows devs to do that.

>>60852461
look closer my friend
>>
>>60852264
Give it a cost. This immediately blocks 50% retards. Even making it cost $0.1 would help.
>>
>>60854315
I would do this if I could put the price that low. But you can only go as low as 99c and after trying this, my downloads went down by a lot so I set it back to free again
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.